It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Anti-Bush Bracelets Say, "Count Me Blue"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Eager to find a way to show that she did not vote for President Bush, Berns Rothchild had an idea. Inspired by the Lance Armstrong bracelets and using the 2004 election buzzword "Blue State" she came up with a blue bracelet to show her voter affiliation. She was not alone, and two other separate ventures have started up selling the same item. With various messages including "count me blue", "hope", and "I did not vote 4 Bush" the bracelets combined have sold almost 10,000.

story.news.yahoo.com
NEW YORK - After spending 10 days in London with friends who were outspoken about their disdain for President Bush's policies, Berns Rothchild came home wishing she had a way to show the world she didn't vote for him.

"I sort of felt ashamed, and didn't really want to be associated with being an American," said Rothchild, who lives in New York City and voted for John Kerry.

Her mother had a suggestion: bracelets, inspired by the Lance Armstrong Foundation's popular "LIVESTRONG" bands, that would signal opposition to Bush.

Thousands of miles away, two women in Idaho had the same idea. So did a woman in Kansas. The result? At least three separate bracelet ventures targeting left-leaning citizens who want to wear their political affiliation on their wrists — and at least one competitor bearing the opposite message.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Bush supporters have gotten into the act as well with red bracelets. However, it amusing to see that the mainstays of the Democrat Party are so busy licking their wounds over the last election that they are not focusing on making changes for the future. To make matters worse they are rethinking traditional party lines with an eye on becoming more red than blue. Even sacred party planks are up for consideration like abortion. The voters waffled on John Kerry because they could not get a handle on his convictions. Does the party think they will forget in 2008?

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Great idea. I wish i thought of it myself. I'll be bying the blue ones soon and wearing them to work. I dont think anyone there will question an already hip, mod and exotic DGTempe wearing anything blue on her arms

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont think anyone there will question an already hip, mod and exotic DGTempe wearing anything blue on her arms

Mod??? You guys are still around? I thought you all died out from all the face paint?
No chance of you wearing a red one eh

Edit: I wish I had thought of it. Money is money right

[edit on 1/15/05 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Yes, Fred, we're still around spreading love and peace and goodwill to men
Follow me to a better life..........

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'll be buying a red one! However, according to the traditions of the media covering elections (swapping the colors of the incumbant/challenger parties), in the 2008 election the Republicans are supposed to be blue and the Democrats red. I wonder if this will happen after the red-state/blue-state monikers have become so engrained after the last two elections...

[edit on 1/15/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Yes, Fred, we're still around spreading love and peace and goodwill to men
Follow me to a better life..........

you know, based on the fact that we are in opposate camps on just about everythin we could do our own version of the surreal life. Called ATS Life, we could have you, me, marg, rant, TC etc. COuld be hoot, but too hard to explain to the wife

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thats a great idea and i think your lovely wife would understand

I know Marg and I would be entertaining, to say the least.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This I hear my name some where

By the way FredT dinner has been served, any way the bracelets are a great idea to bad Dg and I did not though about them first, can you imagine the money to be make.

Maybe we can come out with a necklace to match.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This I hear my name some where

By the way FredT dinner has been served, any way the bracelets are a great idea to bad Dg and I did not though about them first, can you imagine the money to be make.

Maybe we can come out with a necklace to match.

Actually I think its an awesome idea to design ear rings, necklace and bracelets in blue, maybe if you have enough bracelets you get to choose a president in lieu of the lack of votes? or maybe you just make some republican with great capitalist marketing strategies rich?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
All is fair in love and war

Let's make a familiy affair, eh?
Seems that her husband is making "Count Me Red" bracelets, etc.
How entertaining.....

seekerof

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I wish I came up with this I'd be so rich

Can I be in ATS Life you need a crazy 13 year old in it

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I guess I'm not as subtle. I just had a t-shirt printed up in the local mall.
the front says "yes I voted for bush"
the back says
"and no I don't give a damn what you think about it."
I also had a second one made up without the word damn just incase I was asked to take it off for violating obscenity laws during my travels

P.S. It was a really big hit in brussels.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by mwm1331]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hate stupid little ribbons, and I hate dumb little braclets. I guess that makes me some sort of jerk.

Oh and I really hate magnetic stickers that say 'support our troops' where the full profit of the sticker went to the manufacturer and did not, infact, support any troops.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Called ATS Life, we could have you, me, marg, rant, TC etc. COuld be hoot, but too hard to explain to the wife

Nice. Throw in drhoracid and mokushadizu/whatever and you've got a show! Maybe a pinup calender could be made of worldwatchers avatars too! Of course it would require guest appearances from ScepticOverlord. One of the projects for the group could be to creat a sister site! Or organize the convention! Gosh, it could almost work.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I've got just the thing for the blue team to wear to the dinner party!

americanapologyshirt.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm gonna make a bracelet too!!!

"Count me Over It"

top topics

join