It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deforesteation may affect weather patterns locally, regionally, and even globally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was doing some research because I have a theory that deforestation can cause drastic/monsoon type weather patterns in areas. I found several articles on the subject and here's a related one that is both interesting and significant. It turns out that destroying forests can alter the weather across regions and even globally. Our society should take this into consideration when making decisions about our future such as immigration, development, logging, mining, etc.

www.greenpeace.org...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Living in Denver...we have friends who have left the area to move to DC (oddly, the reverse of my own travels). He works for NOAA, and returns to University of Colorado at Boulder annually to continue work on the micro-climate that the introduction of non-indigenous tress to the Denver/Boulder area has caused. Apparently, due to the nature of being nestled up into the Rocky Mountains, it is uniquely highlighted and underscored.

So, that being said.... Yes. I thoroughly agree. Wipe out a forest, alter the planet.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I was doing some research because I have a theory that deforestation can cause drastic/monsoon type weather patterns in areas. I found several articles on the subject and here's a related one that is both interesting and significant. It turns out that destroying forests can alter the weather across regions and even globally. Our society should take this into consideration when making decisions about our future such as immigration, development, logging, mining, etc.

www.greenpeace.org...

Butterflies, we should get rid of Butterflies, Oh! and trees that fall down on their own without nobody ever hearing them, and...and sinkholes, and Tsunamis and ants........

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The island of Lanai is quite arid, but it was more so before Norfolk pines were planted along its highest ridge. A manmade cloud forest.

The lives and accomplishments of former ranch managers Charles Gay, George Munro, and Ernest Vredenberg, and the changes each brought about in the lives of ranch workers and residents are also recalled. Interviewees remember when Munro, who took over in 1911, sent cowboys to plant hundreds of Norfolk Island pine trees to improve the ground-water supply. The trees are now Lana‘i landmarks.
www.oralhistory.hawaii.edu...

Who did they steal rain from?
edit on 5/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
When they cut down the forests theres no carbon sequestration, no oxygen, no rain, no roots to fix the soil, no habitats for animals. During storms, run off creates rivers of mud, mud slides, avalanches. In the dry season the sun bakes the ground to dust.

And the colored girls go doot, da doot, da doot…

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There seems to be a lack of shades. Anyways deforestation near desert just expands the desert like crazy.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hello CB328,

originally posted by: CB328
...destroying forests can alter the weather across regions and even globally. ...

This can and will happen for reasons contrary to those given to us by Al Gore and his leftist commie kook followers.

Al Gore ( along with hussein soetoro) demand we believe that US Citizens are at fault or are even entirely at fault. Never mind that the US is the leader in conservation (Environmental Protection Agency, OSHA, CDC, CALOSHA, and many other procedures that have been in place for a long time).

The fault lies with Brazil and the Brazilian Communist Party.

What will adversely affect global climate is the slash and burn deforestation of the Amazon rainforest.

Will Al Gore go to Brazil and enlighten his fellow commies? Ohhhhh Nooooo! Never! Al Gore will continue to blame US citizens while convincing us that the Arctic Ice cap will be all melted by 2012.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I thought that was common knowledge.

Alter the environment and the environments effect change.

Like cities creating rising heat bubbles in the air and so creating thunderstorms.
Like building dams and claim ground in the sea and by that change the position where cold sea air rises (above the warm land)

Deforestation and reforestation will have their effects similar.

Just saying that the negative deforestation is used here to show we can ruin the weatherpattern we are used to and we are soo doomed. Reforestation (seen as a positive), going all green, will also ruin the weatherpattern we are used to, it doesn't mean that it will be all good. It just changes

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Seeing that the article was dated 17 December, 2013, what did GreenPeace do.....

[drum-beat]...

Nothing.

Now, what they should have done with their 'truthful' information is ram the documents down every politicians throat, worldwide and ground every military / commercial jet airliner for the sake of precious Mother Gaia.

What did they do ? Nothing.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

Already taking jabs at Al Gore. Way to embrace ignorance buddy!

Clearly human activity is changing this planet. Anyone who begs to differ is an idiot.
edit on 23-5-2016 by jrod because: E

new topics

top topics

join