It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zika Bill: Vote Changed from Tomorrow to Tonight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: DBCowboy

Point is a lower tax rate doesn't equal better quality of life. Things need money. Sanitation. Safe water. Infrastructure. Education. Disease prevention. Without these things your left with a disease ridden crumbling country.

Then spend it on that instead of pay raises for congress, pork bill spending, foreign aid.

But don't sit there and try to tell me that the government is spending wisely.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
0 deaths related to Zika virus.

Therefore, A total of 0 dollars should be spent combating Zika.

If we are going to drop a billion fighting something, let's get our priorities straight.

I wasn't aware potential deaths were the concern with Zika. I thought the hypothesis was that Zika was causing microencephalitic birth defects, and as a result, potentially ultimately leading to a cessation of successful, healthy, human reproduction.

But yeah, I guess if it's not causing deaths, then who cares...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I never said they were spending it wisely. I'm saying a billion dollars being spent to stop a disease from gaining a foothold in the country is much better than the trillions spent on dropping bombs the world over.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

a reply to: reldra

That's a very interesting observation. It's spreading all over Mexico yet the mosquitoes are being stopped at the border somehow ? This smells fishy.

I don't know if any of the cases in Mexico are near the border. Does anyone know where the confirmed Zika range is? If it's dotted all along Mexico's northern border but no cases on the US side, then it's definitely fishy. If the closest case in Mexico is 200 miles in from the border, then it just hasn't spread that far north.

If it IS a sudden cessation at the border, as if the Zika-carrying mosquitos need passports to cross, then it's most likely NOT mosquitos causing the birth defects, but some other factor. I still haven't seen a mechanism of action linking Zika to both defects, just a jump-to-conclusions correlation, which may or may not be right.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
We all know bathroom bills and religious freedom bills are so much more important!!!!

The dumbing down of america is shining bright in this thread.

The zika virus is horrifying and will hit red states first, but how are they going to lead?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Zika, what a perfect disease for the elite.

Population control 101 right there.. kick it off in the slums and remove the sub humans first.

... does anyone not find it odd we have this rampant, untreatable virus that destroys peoples ability to have kids all of a sudden run rife in a city that is about to hold the Olympics...

and yet... we dont stop the Olympics, move it or restrict the people going?

Its like we're lining up all the peasants and making them walk aboard the Genoese ships in the 1300's...

'' dont mind all the dead bodies with bubo's... go forth and multiple! ''

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yep and look where the disease is running rampant. Central and south America Asia, Africa . Who needs wars for ethnic cleansing when you have designer viruses.

edit on 18-5-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I'm still not convinced the disease even causes the deformities.. the result will be people happily lining up to be sprayed with pesticides which may actually cause birth deformities.

Then oops the pesticides didn't work and they still got infected.

By Zika of course.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I hope they help fight zika virus and get a zika virus vaccine soon.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Would you prefer they spend money on bombing the crap out of other countries. Oh wait they do that. But please don't spend money to stop babies from being sick and diseased.

Could you get on board if the money earmarked was to be spent on bombing the crap out of the mosquitos in other countries?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Was there a point you are trying to make?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: donald32

There is still no proof the Zika virus is responsible but line up and have the vaccine that is your freedom of choice.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join