It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking the pis* out of members posts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

There are a lot of people here who give too much credence to their emotions. They don't realize I don't care how the 'feel' I only care about what they believe and why.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It wasn't always like this.... but as others have said, either join in and be a dick like everyone else or just read, not post.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Once you get the hang of this, it will all make sense. The fact that I am always right should become readily apparent. Once you have a handle on that, we can move on to how wrong everyone else is.

Sorry,but I am always right and the rest of you are wrong.Besides,I am the queen and I wear the crown.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I don't have ulcers,I give them to others.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: ClownFish

And it seems that everything that is "out there" gets amplified "in here" so that I am learning when to post and when not to. In fact, now is one of those in between times, so forgive me while I quickly close this odd dissertation.

Even those that pay the Piper, dances to his tune.

Once we had a chance, we blew it.

Now we can't hide from the music.

Even if we turn it off.

I apologize, but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Sometimes, when we are feeling polite, we call it "extracting the urine".

What's weird is that sounds way more gross than the other way.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I had an odd dream many years ago. I found myself to be a puppet on a string. There was some odd music in the background and I found myself dancing to that music. Then the music changed and the dance changed. And this kept repeating. I got quite angry to realize that I was being controlled by these strings attached to me, that were themselves controlled by that music. I got really angry, in fact. I tried desperately not to move...not to be controlled by these outside forces. For what it's worth, I have come to see something like that play out almost on a daily basis across the board.

I was responding to your post. I am sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying.

I do feel that we all have become puppets in the theater or life, and that we no longer have the ability to turn off the music; so we just keep dancing.

Again, sorry if I missed the mark.
edit on 18-5-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Punctuation.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I had an odd dream many years ago. I found myself to be a puppet on a string. There was some odd music in the background and I found myself dancing to that music. Then the music changed and the dance changed. And this kept repeating. I got quite angry to realize that I was being controlled by these strings attached to me, that were themselves controlled by that music. I got really angry, in fact. I tried desperately not to move...not to be controlled by these outside forces. For what it's worth, I have come to see something like that play out almost on a daily basis across the board.

I was responding to your post. I am sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying.

I do feel that we all have become puppets in the theater or life, and that we no longer have the ability to turn off the music; so we just keep dancing.

Again, sorry if I missed the mark.

Aha! Now I understand.

And thank you for making the effort to put that into words that I could follow.

Yes, I agree with you...except...if we know that we are puppets...I don't know....I have made just a slight adjustment in that I have been studying that very music...studying the cadence, the intensity, the feel between the notes, the taste of the silence. When I hear this music or that music and know which dance it is that everyone will do next, and I can chose to sit one out...then am I still a puppet? Are you? You don't need to answer. Just explore what I am saying, if you follow my tune...

I was once in a dance group and occasionally we did some Polish dances and I had an authentic costume that weighed a ton. It was quite beautiful and I loved it, but when I went to do the turns and then stop on cue in front of my partner, I discovered that the weight of the beading on the bottom of the dress affected the momentum in such a way that I was pulled another quarter turn beyond where I wanted to stop. And so, after much practice and determination, I made the proper adjustment and stopped turning a quarter turn from where I wanted to end up.

I know that is a crude example, but when you consider that old maxim of as above so below, etc., or the fractal nature of things, or that what manifests in the visible has already manifested in the invisible, then I think that this is where the "better rabbit hole", if you will, is to be found.

When you say that you feel that we all have become puppets in the theater of life and that we no longer have the ability to turn off the music, so we just keep dancing... well then, are you being the puppet or the one holding your own strings. That part of you that feels this frustration...that's the part you need to respect. That's the part that determines the outcome, or at least has some influence on that outcome.

A friend once told me, when we were discussing what children have to endure in abusive relationships, that children endure because they don't know they have a choice. That always stuck with me. I hear a tad bit of that in you when you say "so we just keep dancing." Yes, okay. But consider that you just might have a choice.

I do apologize. I got an unexpected call in the middle of replying to you and I sort of lost my own train of thought. But my difficulty in trying to find that internal thread was quite a struggle and it brought out a new thought. Actually it isn't a new thought, but for me, one that I am now revisiting, and this is the idea of all those microwaves and wifi's and every machine that now has several "clickers" and I can hit that little icon on top of my monitor and see 20 other wifi networks that my machine can pick up while doing my bidding. Think about it. That stuff is going through us. It is, quite literally, messing with our brains, like it or not. It is no longer a matter of picking things up but of filtering them out, and I don't think we evolved to do that, but to do the opposite of that.

Perhaps we continue to dance because we are too exhausted to consider our options. Perhaps we need a new adjustment to the old maxims if we are to survive this abrupt change in our evolutionary man(mis)made environment, and consider that what used to be as above so below is no longer a natural equation. It sounds impossible at first glance but right now I am thinking, "Thank God that there is a great deal of our brains that we are not using." Maybe some unknown Unknown, peaked into the future and just knew that we would be needing that extra grey matter to get us through, since the grey matter we know is no longer sufficient, but we've forgotten we even have those very important spare parts.

Anyway, food for thought, or not...I'll shut up now.

CF

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I've been here since 2011.
Same sentiments.
I guess I had to realize that ATS is like a flea market.
You may or may not know exactly what you want but there is sure a bunch of crap to wade through to find it.
Don't give up. Just be real, with open dialog, open questions, and an open mind. You will find those that are real.
For what it's worth.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tvtexan

Thankyou for your post much appreciated, and that goes to all the other positive reply's. To the rest of you i'm off to the local store to buy you some "Flea Powder".
It's not a case of "not" having a thick skin,as some of you think. It's that as an aged war vet, i'v seen enough conflict in my lifetime and don't need more with continued Shi* from trolls who think their Shi* don't stink. I dont suffer fools easily, so I guess the decision is all mine....Cheers

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I ask WHY does this mentality exist?

62. Hsiao Kuo / Preponderance of the Small

edit on 18-5-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
one word....shills, they derail threads and get threads closed with all their nit picking and personal attacks, it`s what they do.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

some things deserve a constructive response

something deserve no response

somethings just beg " take the piss out of me "

such is life

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Just post as honest an opinion or facts as possible, you'll find most people are agreeable even if they don't agree with your position, the few times I have lost it is when someone is being especially willfully ignorant, but if things are really upsetting you, just remember you have a life off line.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Just because someone responds to one of your comments does not mean you have to respond. If I feel a discussion/argument, whatever, is becoming pointless, i just walk away. Life is too short.

This quote always springs to mind in such situations (not pointed at anyone in particular) - but in my head I replace "sing" with "think"

“Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.”
― Robert A. Heinlein,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join