It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraq New Terror Breeding Ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A report by the National Intelligence Council has stated that Iraq is a new birth place for terrorists. The purpose of the report is to analyze the potential for growth or remission of foriegn threats as a result of the war in Iraq. The emergence of newly experienced insurgents could could rival current Al-Quaeda powers to lead the war on terror.

www.washingtonpost.com
Iraq has replaced Afghanistan as the training ground for the next generation of "professionalized" terrorists, according to a report released yesterday by the National Intelligence Council, the CIA director's think tank.

Iraq provides terrorists with "a training ground, a recruitment ground, the opportunity for enhancing technical skills," said David B. Low, the national intelligence officer for transnational threats. "There is even, under the best scenario, over time, the likelihood that some of the jihadists who are not killed there will, in a sense, go home, wherever home is, and will therefore disperse to various other countries."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Bush decided to rampage Iraq to save us from Weapons of Mass Destruction. As a result, his administration has proven itself a promoter of lies, has culled a torture ring, has caused the death of not only american soldiers, but innocent iraqi civilians(the very ones being saved from a tyrannical regime), and now has provided a a so-called "training experience" for people who would take arms against us. The existence of terrorists is without doubt, however we didn't need to give them combat experience.....I believe the Bush Administration not only over stepped itself, but did so to the greater detriment of all involved.

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Big surprise, huh. But can you just imagine a better on the job training program? Survive the first couple weeks and your ready to kick ass, ugh I mean if you still have an ass.

Like Will Smith said in I Robot, "saying I told you so, just doesn't quite get it ".

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Lets see, the CIA gave the terrorists the weapons in the '70s and '80s...

Then we're back fighting the "terrorists" we gave the weapons to, on the word of the CIA and their claims of Weapons of Mass Destruction, which I might add that we have yet to find...

Now they're telling us that no matter what we do, the terrorists will be born from the same damn country the CIA told us to go in to...

I think the CIA needs to get their *(#@ straight.

Come to think of it, the CIA needs to be brought up on charges for aiding terrorists...they're the ones that gave the "terrorists" the weapons in the first place, including Osama and Saddam.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think that is a shame what the people of Iraq is going through thanks to liberation.

One day that same people that now has to deal with terrorist in their lands will ask the American government of a reason as why, they can not walk in their streets without been killed, and why they have bombings everyday.

And that same people will hold the american government resposible for everything they have lost since the invasion.

Now the truth is coming out, the breeding ground for terrorist is what the administration wanted to turn Iraq all alone, and the casualties of these actions didn't matter at all that is what look like by the looks of it.

new topics

top topics

join