It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burlington Airport cameras capture fireball in night sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
www.wptz.com...
I apologize if this is the wrong forum.
A security camera caught a fireball in the sky at Burlington airport. Is this space trash or something else? Haven't heard much else about it.
edit on 5/17/2016 by TwiztidRoman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TwiztidRoman

I am a native of Burlington, VT and unfortunately I didn't see it, but a few of my friends did. I've heard reports that people as far as Pennsylvania saw it, and there is footage of this same fireball from Maine, and from Plattsburgh NY.

It must have been at a very high altitude then, huh?

I also heard it burned green (from my friend who saw it) - indicative of copper burning in the meteorite, although it looked more blue in the videos

edit on 17-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Very weird thing happened. Im in Northern Ontario. Canada. Last night i went outside at 9 pm for a smoke. I looked up at the bizzar coloured clouds and seen a silver ball - No comet trail - appear and then go behind the clouds. A split second later, it came out the other side and disappeared behind some more clouds. It was faster than a plane, but literally looked like a ball.

I thought it was a satellite, that might have caught some sun to cause a reflection off it. I thought satellite instantly because of the speed. But it was still very light out.
I checked the ISS website to see if it could have been it, immediately after, but it was on the other side of the world.
Then i seen this story today and figured it must have been a comet or something.

But honestly it didnt look like any comet ive seen. If it was night, i would have thought it was a satellite.
Maybe an iridium sat. flare at just the right moment?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
www.wptz.com...
This is a dash cam of a cop car in portland maine.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
IMPRESSIVE! I expected something lame but wow. Nice!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Had something happen like that in Ireland a few years ago. Myself and my lady were out on a walk, as we chatted and were nearly home. We both see this green fireball in the sky, except it's very low down and fast. It shot down below a building, as we ran around to see if it had landed (it was that low) we couldn't see anything.
Now there are no fields or anything near us, we live in a city. Was weird.

Like a green ball, on fire

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I've seen one meteor which could be classified as a fireball.

It was doubly cool because I happened to be on the phone with my brother in law at the time. Said "Whoa!" and it lasted long enough to tell him about it before it broke into several pieces and faded. He was jealous.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I've seen one meteor which could be classified as a fireball.

It was doubly cool because I happened to be on the phone with my brother in law at the time. Said "Whoa!" and it lasted long enough to tell him about it before it broke into several pieces and faded. He was jealous.

Ive been lucky enough to see two that I would call a fireball. Both during the day. One over santorini and one over West London. But them I almost always looking up. Unfortunately I have yet to see one ar night. Even after decades of star gazing and amateur astronomy.

top topics

join