It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for the name of 2000s Film/series about terrorists hacking pacemakers ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for the name of a film/series that I saw quite a bit back that was about terrorists hacking pacemakers. It's been bothering me for years now as I have not be able to find it...

I did believe it was the plot of the first season of 24, as I can recall Kiefer Sutherland being the main good guy character, and it was in the early 2000's that I saw this, and was one of the reasons I started watching 24 because I liked the plot. So I went back to the 24 episodes and I couldn't find any trace of this. Now I seem to recall this was a series, but it could have well been a film...

I remember one scene where the main character (working for a police force/CTU) was in a plane and was trying to find a solution to save some of the people in the plane that had pacemakers.

As I said it's been bothering me for quite some time, if someone knows about what I'm talking about I would be grateful !

Thank you in advance for reading this.
edit on 17-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Homeland

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I've never watched Homeland and it was in very early 2000s, because I had never yet had a job (my first job was in 2004) and was still studying.Also I watched this on a Tube TV. But google did take me to Homeland, and I did watch the scene where a politician was being killed, it didn't ring a bell. Did homeland have a scene that happened in a plane ?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WeSbO

Heres my guess:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It was 24.
It wasn't the first season, I'll look up the season when I get back to my desk.
The VP was killed this way in the show or I remember it being the VP..

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Nope not that.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Ok thanks, i'm not going mad then, i'm unable to find this part of the plot anywhere in the series... I've read all the 24 episode synopses before making this thread... I remember looking for the same answers a few years back and still thinking it was 24 and still did not find my answer after watching all the seasons of 24 up to then (it was still running at the time) ... I've literally being looking for years a film/series with the plot involving saving passengers on plane who have had their pacemakers hacked. What bought it back up today is because I came across an article mentioning that pacemakers can be hacked.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think there was an episode of Person of Interest with that plot.

EDIT: I'm not sure about Person of Interest but there was a little story arc on Lost where one or two of the characters thought they had pacemakers that could make their hearts stop, but it was a bluff.
edit on 17-5-2016 by MoreInterior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

Nope not person of interest nor lost, that is why I mentioned seeing it in early 2000 (before 2004 I believe).

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Found it ! Dead in a heartbeat, a low rated TV film ... Thanks everyone in helping me jog my memory

en.wikipedia.org...

I no longer have to think about that, you can't believe how relieved I am! Probably watched it before or after a 24 episode at the time.

new topics

top topics

join