It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United's Old Trafford ground evacuated

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

True, but it could be too early to say anything. Plus we don't need more hysteria. It IS in most major news websites though..

www.cbsnews.com...
edition.cnn.com...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
CNN reported a controlled explosion took place.I don't know about the accuracy of the twitter description above but I imagine SOMETHING in the package made the bomb squad feel the need for the explosion.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: mr-lizard
It looks like it was an explosive device attached to gas pipes. A mobile phone and suspicious wiring.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 36m36 minutes ago

BREAKING. Phone attached to piping and wires was found on floor 5 of Sir Alex Ferguson stand.

@talkSPORT ON AIR LIVE

twitter.com...^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

This story does seem a bit strange to me.. if it were a real terrorist attempt, then surely this story would have got a lot more attention in the media?
If they did indeed find a phone as described, maybe it was some sort of idiotic joke from someone..

It just seems odd if a real attack was prevented and 70 something thousand people were saved, you would think it would be front page news on every outlet..

It is front page, not really sure what you are saying. Were 70.000 people saved? The objective was to get people out in a safe manner and that worked, if there was any risk then that's what counts. Even if it was an idiotic joke (I'm sure we'll find out more on that front), then public safety comes first. Not sure why you seem to be hinting at something else.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Such things happen to keep the people scared.
You have to remember the people from time to time, that there is a terrorist behind every corner, waiting to kill you...

So people will be fine with more big brother, because there are terrorists, behind every corner, even in our soccer stadiums: Help, we need more surveillance and more militarized police and less freedom and democracy, good help us to prevent us from those terrorists, that are everywhere...

I knew from the beginning that this is nothing. Happens from time to time in germany too, but so badly scripted that it`s laughable.

Some secret services agents or whoever "official" planted the package with the cellphone there, then the "found" it, thats it. If they even planted a phone there, and didn´t just lie about finding "terrorists stuff" and blew up an empty package , to have a reason to scare the people, to remind them to all the terrorists that are everywhere and want to kill all of us....
It´s becoming boring.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

It looks like it was an explosive device attached to gas pipes. A mobile phone and suspicious wiring.

BREAKING. Phone attached to piping and wires was found on floor 5 of Sir Alex Ferguson stand.

@talkSPORT ON AIR LIVE

This story does seem a bit strange to me.. if it were a real terrorist attempt, then surely this story would have got a lot more attention in the media?
If they did indeed find a phone as described, maybe it was some sort of idiotic joke from someone..

It just seems odd if a real attack was prevented and 70 something thousand people were saved, you would think it would be front page news on every outlet..

It is front page, not really sure what you are saying. Were 70.000 people saved? The objective was to get people out in a safe manner and that worked, if there was any risk then that's what counts. Even if it was an idiotic joke (I'm sure we'll find out more on that front), then public safety comes first. Not sure why you seem to be hinting at something else.

Hmmm. The Manchester police have said this:

Greater Manchester Police described the device as "incredibly lifelike" but later confirmed it "wasn't viable".

BBC

Does that mean it was a well made hoax/idiotic joke or a poorly made bomb?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

@talkSPORT ON AIR LIVE

Hmmm. The Manchester police have said this:

Greater Manchester Police described the device as "incredibly lifelike" but later confirmed it "wasn't viable".

BBC

Does that mean it was a well made hoax/idiotic joke or a poorly made bomb?

It means they were right not to take chances. Incredibly lifelike is cool after the event, but if they had waited to find out that it was incredibly real and people had died then everyone would be saying how bad they were at their job. If it was a hoax or a poorly made bomb, well, hopefully that will become clear.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Agreed, it's always better to be safe than sorry and the stewards did an incredible job getting everyone out. It's a pretty sick joke, if it was a hoax.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Those of us of a certain age are used to being taught to be aware of terrorists from the IRA and thus if you see it and it looks strange then you report it. Better safe than sorry is a reasonable methodology to live by..but if they catch the git i hope they get a good stretch for being such a tool.

Theres plenty of ABU's but I'd say thats going beyond the usual 'banter'

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963 I think that was at the Trafford centre a shopping centre, not the football ground,

www.theguardian.com...

It was a mock terrorist attack planned in 20015, so not related to today's events, but maybe in preparation for
edit on 15-5-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

@talkSPORT ON AIR LIVE

I'm not trying to hint at anything it was an observation. when I made that post, there was very little news regarding this..
And of course more than 70000 people were saved if a bomb threat was identified and dealt with in a safe manor without any casualties.
That stadium holds around 76 thousand people (i think) and last game of the season should have been a sell out crowd, so if this threat turns out to be real, alot if lives were saved today.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

@talkSPORT ON AIR LIVE

I'm not trying to hint at anything it was an observation. when I made that post, there was very little news regarding this..
And of course more than 70000 people were saved if a bomb threat was identified and dealt with in a safe manor without any casualties.
That stadium holds around 76 thousand people (i think) and last game of the season should have been a sell out crowd, so if this threat turns out to be real, alot if lives were saved today.

I'm afraid real or not, this is where terrorist do have the upper hand. As the IRA said after Brighton in the '80's, 'we have to be lucky once, you have to be lucky every time'. Best to err on the side of caution, yeah?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Whoever planted it will be on CCTV. Shouldn't be long before he's in the Pokey.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

A suspicious item discovered at Old Trafford on Sunday was a training device, police have confirmed. The Premier League match between Manchester United and Bournemouth was called off after a suspect package was found shortly before kick-off and a controlled explosion carried out. Police said the item had "accidentally been left by a private company following a training exercise". The match has been rearranged for Tuesday at 20:00 BST.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Oops, I'm sure someones head will roll for this mishap

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Seems it was a dummy used in a training exercise on Wednesday and forgotten about by the contractors.

Someone will be looking for a new job tomorrow :-)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was in a bar yesterday talking about Bob Dylan, Arctic Monkeys, Eminem, Elvis, The Monk Ireland's Bank Robber and how my entire life has been a setup, I told them about that when I was a kid my english friends said I could not pronounce the word "three" and they all laughed then Man Utd won the treble.
Alex Turner says I am born to blow your mind and Eminem says I am Phenomenal.
I mainly wanted to post here to say a topic IRA/MI5/CIA/ETA Unite VS IS it is simple.
I want to be Bob Dylan.
I have made so many albums.
I had 2 pints and told everyone my life story and they said am I a comedian I am not Andy Kauffman I said.
My real name was Peter but I was adopted to Andy.
Like the Brady Bunch.
I left and said "IF YOU ALL DON'T BELIEVE ME GO # YOURSELVES, I AM GOING TO SAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE ONE DAY"
Then today I think I am Superman and people have said I can become Ubermensch whatever that means online.
I want to be Bob Dylan because he was never afraid of being opinionated and straight talking.
I am not a bad person.
I was pictured with an Elvis impersonator when I was 6 by Ireland's biggest ever bank robber and I was told I am adopted and both my parents are schizophrenic and my real name was Peter Brady.
I think I saved people like I said.
If I am so important and if I can perform Miracles then we will see.
Like Eminem and The Last Shadow Pupppets say.
Bob Dylan I want to become.
READ BOB DYLAN'S DESTINY QUOTE.
I will become Bob Dylan then be in a position to save my generation and youth from becoming sheep and drugs and everything that is wrong with the world, but first I need to become Bob Dylan.
Andrew.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
Oops, I'm sure someones head will roll for this mishap

It shouldn't just be a head rolling, it should be the private company facing a bill for everything that happened today.
It astounds me that companies like this wouldn't have systems in place to account for all their materials when they leave a location, you don't just leave stuff like that behind, it's so far beyond unprofessional it's unreal.

You then have to wonder what kind of idiot couldn't put two and two together and consider that this might be related to the training exercise they JUST HAD there. Are we to really believe that not one person had the minimum intelligence to consider that a private company using mock devices a DAY BEFORE might have left one there by accident? Could they have then called the company and demanded to know if all their items were accounted for?

It boggles the mind that this unravelled the way it did, incompetence all around.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: abmusicie

No offence Andrew but why have you added to this Thread ? If you want to get some to listen to your Music make a New thread or include in your introduction.. Peace.
edit on 15 5 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Okay then. Everyone is on about Taxi Drivers and that, Arctic Monkeys etc. I am going to become Bob Dylan. When I busk everyone tells me to go on X-Factor or The Voice but I decided why not become "The Voice" and learn about the world but first then know what you are talking about. I sometimes think I am related to The Monk and that is why I was told I was adopted or something like that. I don't want to be Daniel Johnston as people have claimed I sound like, aswell as Dylan though too to be fair, but you know, Daniel Johnston is a genius but weak, Bob Dylan is a genius but strong, that is the difference, nobody is better than anybody and we are all equal. I like Ricky Gervais too but life is not a joke. I hope one day if I get my act together and stay positive and learn to adjust to the world but, want to be above the world. Andrew. I never want to be a puppet or someone milk money from my talents. I would like to help a lot of people one day. I don't like seeing a generation hooked on weed, loads of people did but I found Arctic Monkeys and that was my outlet. I have manic depression apparently but not anymore cause I seen a faith healer. Basically. I think that whatever happens to you or life throws at you it defines who you then become later in life while you try to work out the entire circus that you are surrounded with daily and why everything in your or anyone's past has come to be, when you look for your own answers as nobody will ever tell you why this or that. I often thought of reading history, maybe even books written hundreds of years ago because perhaps history defines the future and we are all characters. I think maybe something in my past could have been something therefore people maybe might want to shelter and protect me VERSUS thinking my life is a setup.
Anyway I have #loads of talent and I wanna be a great person and use it well.
I think we could all be characters but god knows how Bob Dylan was so well up on everything he seems to have a great understanding of life and the world, I read his book etc and he reads a lot of newspapers.
I think I might need some time to stay quiet, learn about life and the world, then have an opinion or write songs WHEN I am in a position of understanding and am more entitled to have an opinion on something that I understand.
Bye. And stay good. Also, I am not sure if there is a god but thank him or anyone you want that everyone got home safe and that fingers crossed as a world and as human beings we can overcome, just like any one person has to, themselves, overcome negativity. Peace.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

So the 'training device' had sat there for four days and no one noticed until Sunday, after a full stadium of fans were in? That is unbelievable.

You'd think the company would have noticed they were a fake bomb short, but no, apparently not. Wow.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: abmusicie

Dude what the #? Learn to Internet...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join