It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Purple live in Copenhagen, Denmark 1972

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's Eurovision night so I feel the need to redress the balance , for anyone into Deep Purple or classic rock in general I present this video of a young Purple performing in 1972 , just 4 years after their formation they show just why they went on to become one of the biggest rock bands in history.
It's a reminder of just how great they were and for me what a great drummer Ian Paice was.(Drum Solo 36.55)

Set list.

Highway Star
Strange Kind of Woman
Child in Time
The Mule
Lazy
Space Truckin'
Fireball
Lucille
(Encore)Black Night

Awesomeness.

edit on 14-5-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Every one a classic, totally epic set.

PS - WTF are Australia doing in Eurovision tonight?? Did I miss something?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
It's Eurovision night so I feel the need to redress the balance , for anyone into Deep Purple or classic rock in general I present this video of a young Purple performing in 1972 , just 4 years after their formation they show just why they went on to become one of the biggest rock bands in history.
It's a reminder of just how great they were and for me what a great drummer Ian Paice was.(Drum Solo 36.55)

Set list.

Highway Star
Strange Kind of Woman
Child in Time
The Mule
Lazy
Space Truckin'
Fireball
Lucille
(Encore)Black Night

Awesomeness.

One of those guys, and for the life of me, I don't remember which, other than he may have been a bass player, used to come into a small venue in Newcastle Co Down and listen to us, he was very quiet, but friendly and with a girlfriend or wife, but she did hint that he did have some kind of nervous breakdown, and had either left or was taking time out, this was around the mid 70's or so.
To be quite honest, I didn't know so much about Deep Purple at the time, having spent much of the ten years before that doing live stuff and some recording, mostly in Germany and also the UK, and at the time, I could well understand a guy gravitating toward a more peaceful style, even for a while. Even so, there's always the urge to get back into the energy...funny old world!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

As you know smurfy ,once you've tasted the drug of performing before an audience the only way to get it again is to perform before an audience.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That sounds like it might have been Roger Glover...though I've no idea why he would have been in that part of the UK.

Roger was sacked by Ritchie Blackmore when Ian Gillan left the band. Roger joined the band in 1969 with Gillan (both had been members of a band called Episode 6).

A paranoid Blackmore saw them as mates, and he didn't like Gillan, so poor old Roger Glover - who was a good bass player and had done nothing wrong - got the boot.

That would have been 1973/4.
edit on 14.5.2016 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And to think Jon Lord has passed and Ritchie Blackmore now has an acoustic only Celtic, medieval folkish group!

To this day...nothing compares to "Highway Star"....

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I saw them in concert years ago. Great show!

new topics

top topics

join