It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian saucer with potential to beat airbus, boeing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The US navy is ordering it too

Check it out : newsfromrussia.com...

I dont know if this is good news or bad news

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
double post corrected.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Stealth spy - Your link is broken.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Stealth spy - Your link is broken.

try these ::

newsfromrussia.com...

www.ufoarea.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't know if I would trust that thing to stay in the air.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by XB70
I don't know if I would trust that thing to stay in the air.

why not?
many accindents are because of hardware failure, such as landing gear failing

EKIP will be the safest aircraft to fly because there is barely any hardware that can fail. EKIP doesnt have gears, same goes to other things.

The flying vehicles "EKIP" perform takeoff and landing at speeds 2-2.5 times lower than takeoff and landing speeds of modern cargo-passenger carrying airplanes (the takeoff speed of flying vehicles "EKIP" with takeoff weight of 300 tons does not exceed 140 km/h, whereas the landing speed does not exceed 100 km/h).
In case of failure of all power units the "EKIP" aircrafts are capable to perform a safe landing on airfields of any category, ground and water surfaces. In case of emergency situations during takeoff the flying vehicles "EKIP" may land with fully loaded fuel tanks at full load. Such performances are provided by:
  • effective deceleration during approach due to large plan area and steady airflow in the boundary layer at high angle of attack (up to 40 degrees) provided by the vortex system;
  • jet control engines which ensure control and stabilization of the flying vehicle jointly with aerodynamic control surfaces (under normal conditions at low speeds during takeoff and landing, and under emergency situations caused by failure of aerodynamic control surfaces during cruising flight);
  • 4-fold reserve (as per gas generators) of auxiliary power units, providing for operation of air-cushion landing gear and vortex system of steady airflow around the vehicle (dual generator turboshaft engines are mounted, operating in economy cruising mode with the use of recuperative cycle to ensure operation of the vortex system and operating at maximum power mode during takeoff and landing to ensure operation of air-cushion landing gear);
  • effective fire extinction of burning engine by filling the interior engine compartment with fire-fighting agents.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just the fact that it looks like it would never fly. Looks like a lifting body, but on a larger scale and fatter.
It's an HL-10 that ate too much pizza.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XB70
Just the fact that it looks like it would never fly.

i said same thing about the F-117, but as we see - it flies and very well.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Alas the project now seems dead

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

speak for yourself, I like planes, looking at them or being in them. My only request for a comercial airliner is I want a window seat, with a bigger window, more leg room, wider seats, 2 armrest per person, more comfortable seats, tv/pc monitor in front of every seat mounted on the back of the seats. hehe, ok...I guess I have a few more then just one request.

Have you seen the new Ergo seats that Air New Zealand put on their planes? I can't remember wehre I saw them at but they're VERY nice. They're tall and fitted to the shape of your body, with a nice hard back behind them. And these are Coach seats.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join