It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huawei Prepares for Robot Overlords and Communication with the Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here's some of the article:

Chinese technology giant Huawei is preparing for a world where people live forever, dead relatives linger on in computers and robots try to kill humans.

Huawei is best known as one of the world's largest producers of broadband network equipment and smartphones. But Kevin Ho, president of its handset product line, told the CES Asia conference in Shanghai on Wednesday the company used science fiction movies like "The Matrix" to envision future trends and new business ideas.

“Hunger, poverty, disease or even death may not be a problem by 2035, or 25 years from now,” he said. “In the future you may be able to purchase computing capacity to serve as a surrogate, to pass the baton from the physical world to the digital world.”

He described a future where children could use apps like WeChat to interact with dead grandparents, thanks to the ability to download human consciousness into computers. All of these technologies would require huge amounts of data storage, which in turn could generate business for Huawei, he added.

Ho also referred to a scene in "The Matrix" where a character downloads the ability to fly a helicopter. “That kind of data download volume exceeds current levels,” he said. “In the future storage will need to exceed 15,000 Zettabytes so this is a huge increase.”

www.bloomberg.com...

These are interesting subjects and I do think we're on the verge of a New World so to speak. The technology on the horizon is pretty amazing and if these things become advanced in 25-45 years, the world will start to look really different. You have things like gene editing, nanotechnology, 3-D Printing, quantum computers, machine intelligence and more that just at it's infancy right now.

You can actually use a 5 qubit quantum computer through IBM now.

IBM last week announced that it would allow researchers and scientists to run experiments using its quantum processor.

The IBM Quantum Experience runs on the IBM Cloud. Users will be able to run algorithms and experiments on the quantum processor; work with individual quantum bits, or qubits; and explore tutorials and simulations on the possibilities opened up by quantum computing.

IBM Quantum Computing Scientist Jay Gambetta is pictured above using a tablet to interact with the IBM Quantum Experience.

The processor, which is housed at the IBM T.J. Watson Research center in New York, consists of 5 qubits made with superconducting metals on a silicon chip.

It marks the first step in IBM's journey toward building a universal quantum computer, the company said.

www.technewsworld.com...

New CRISPR technology is changing gene editing and makes it much easier. There will be life extending techniques and possibly a slowing down of ageing. AI is already everywhere and these intelligent algorithms are growing very fast. One day these algorithms will tell us everything we want to know. They could become C.E.O.'s or even the President of the United States.

An intelligent algorithm can interact with all the Employees and you don't have to give it a 10 million dollar bonus.

Talking to loved ones who died in virtual environments will be huge. When virtual environments become more realistic, the sky will be the limit. People will find themselves spending more time as say a Pharoah of Egypt with a Harem of wives than in the "real" world. I put the word real in quotations because I believe the mind decides what's real. You will have AI that can recreate any situation especially with information from the internet. Do you want to spend time in King Henry's court and meet Anne Boleyn? The AI program will be able to recreate this virtual environment and take any pictures of Anne or Henry and create realistic human avatars in these environments.

Someone born today could end up with a 400-500 year life span. That's just remarkable to think about. I'm 45 now and it's crazy to think about someone in the future who will be 45 and have 455 years left to live.

All of these things make the future promising on one hand but it brings humans closer to an E.L.E.(Extinction Level Event). This is because as technology increases so will weapons on a molecular level that can be used by a single nut job to wipe out humanity. I do think humanity will augment themselves and eventually exists in digital form. Who knows, we can be there now or maybe civilizations destroy themselves before they can reach this level of technological advancement. It only takes one though and if one civilization starts creating ancestor simulations then it will grow exponentially fast and you will have simulations within simulations and there will be more simulated realities than there's "real" realities and this is assuming that there's some difference between real and simulated worlds. I don't see any difference outside of the desire for local realism which is dead.
edit on 11-5-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

odd that I come across this article on the 3-yr anniversary of my best friend's overdose. If I could bring him back, would I? Idk... maybe that corrupts a person's soul once you do it. Like making a deal with the devil - something you can't get back. I wouldn't want to do that to him. I'd be so nervous for that first trial run... those scientists either have some big balls or just haven't put a lot of thought into the many ways this could go incredibly wrong

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Interesting.. This flesh body that currently houses our soul could actually become obsolete and we become digital. Possibly inhabiting various different types of 'bodies'

A possible next step in human evolution, if we're not too careful?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
While the ability to upload your mind into a computer-generated "reality" seems laden with possibilities, I would advise extreme caution.

With new technologies comes new ways to abuse them. For example, you could become trapped, hackers could set up a virtual hell, or both. Especially if said worlds were controlled by A.I. I wouldn't trust it, even though it has been a lifelong dream.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
good luck to them with that lol , imagination is an imagination , the dead are dead unless they are going to manipulate any thing by software manipulation

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon
I can see a bad sci fi movie in there. If you don't pay a certain amount of credits you could be deleted. Something like that.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Maybe that's how the transporters will work just dump your data into a receiver at the other end;;

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Huawei is an arm of the PLA and is run like a cult. I was involved with a company takeover by them. They were simply going patent raiding on the cheap for US technology. Their leaders are tight with the communist party and are former military. They have a cult of personality going on with their leadership. It's a weird mix of communism and capitalism over there.

If they are talking like this, then I presume they are planning to implement all of it, especially the killer robots I presume. In this way I suppose they can suppress dissent. No doubt Obama is itching to use killer robots on his dissenters as well.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAllTheSame

To me it just sounds horrifying.I cannot understand Why people are so desperate to tarry here,why they would want to live Here for hundreds of years-or even entertain the idea of trying to keep their consciousness in a robot etc.So obscene.

There is no death of the soul,which means there is no death of you,of me,of whoever-there is a natural order to existence,a natural flow like a river through eternity.From form to non-form to form to non-form,like water into ice and into water and into ice again.Times spent in spirit,in non-form and time spent in form.There is a big-ass omniverse out there.

Things like planned in this article is anti-nature and anti-life,there is nothing life affirming or immortalising about it.We are Already immortal,and as souls and consciousness we are meant to continue in the natural flow of the omniverse,and of life itself.People are so terrified of passing from here it is truly obscene and i can Not understand it.
edit on 11-5-2016 by Raxoxane because: Paragraphs

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: WeAreAllTheSame

To me it just sounds horrifying.I cannot understand Why people are so desperate to tarry here,why they would want to live Here for hundreds of years-or even entertain the idea of trying to keep their consciousness in a robot etc.So obscene.

If there is a soul, and it is eternal, as you go on to say, then what does it matter? If anything, it seems like it would be prudent to make this experience last as long as possible before moving onto whatever is next.
edit on 5/11/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I don't see why people want to cling to This specific sphere of existence,is what i am saying.We are all immortal and eternal and there is a vast lot to experience out there,dimensions, worlds,planets..imo of course.So me personally i suspect this fearful reluctance to move on,this desperation to stay Here is founded in fear of the unknown.And also imo-it is a case of "If you can make it in New York,you can make it anywhere" If you can hack it in This terrible sphere,you do not have to be afraid of other spheres.This is one of the most brutal disgusting places in the omniverse.Imo.
edit on 12-5-2016 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Uploading of your mind to a computer may just make a duplicate or copy of your brain that's scanned into the machine. The original physical you is still there according to most current theories and research into mind uploading. Although if it's a destructive upload, the original you is dead.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Chinese technology giant Huawei is preparing for a world where people live forever, dead relatives linger on in computers and robots try to kill humans.

Has anyone else noticed the obvious flaw in that sentence?

How can relatives be dead, robots kill people, while we all simultaneously live forever?

new topics

top topics

join