It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question. Alcoholism.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: darknewt

I would substitute some 'legal' cannabis products for the Valium, some will say that if you are an alcoholic then you are a drug-addict, too (alcohol is a drug)- and they might also suggest that you'll just become addicted to 'legal' cannabis or Valium if you use them to help with the weaning process. I don't agree with that and think it is just fine to use something temporarily during this difficult time.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

if it is this bad can I just cold turkey?

No. You need to detox for three days with medical support. You could get that maybe in AA rehab. Depends on how bad you want to quit. The alcohol is in your drivers seat right now, you're just along for the ride. You have admitted having a problem, the most important first step. The second is reaching out, okay… now actually go get help.

Remember you're not unique in this, everyone goes through the same thing.

Meetings in your area

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not everyone will develop severe DTs. Just like how not everyone will developed liver disease.
I mean at a certain point, yes but that's only for the small percentage of end stage alcoholism. Meaning near full shut down of the organs and brain damage.
OP needs to come out and tell us how much they have been consuming.
I knew a guy who was downing a pint of whiskey a day. He got into a crash and quit cold turkey, he was perfectly fine. He did this for four years while I worked with him at a restaurant. He did take up smoking, I guess that helped a little to take the edge off.
Wonder what he's doing now days...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You will quit when you want to quit, don't act like it is someone else's problem.

I have an alcoholic friend going through the same thing, she goes to Doctors looking for a miracle pill. She calls me in desperation, then becomes aloof because drinking is easier.

Drinking is Easy. Believe me I've drunk enough for 20 Lifetimes, recently gave it up at 60.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Wow - just Wow.

Now I'll state the obvious - LOOK UP YOUR LOCAL ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETING and get thee to it.

.... it's free.
.... the folks have been there and can advise.
.... the know local detoxes and rehabs (though perhaps not the fancy for-profit ones)
.... lots of people have recovered using the AA Strategy.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You're only an alcoholic if you want to quit.
Drink or don't drink. There is no try.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

There was a day before you had your first drink...so there can be another day when you take you last drink and just as you decided to take the first drink you simply decide to make one your last drink.

Maybe you are the type of person who dislikes being fooled and will quit when you see what has been done to you.

Alcohol according to Dr.Hulda Clark is an anti-parasitic......this means that as soon as you take a single drink of alcohol your brain is sent an ALPHA MESSAGE which OVERRIDES ALL OTHER CHECKS AND BALANCES saying....."GOOD THING"...."Good Thing"......because you see an anti-parasitic is the BEST THING FOR A HUMAN AND OUR BRAIN KNOWS IT....sooooo.....the first drink you take sets up an OVERRIDING Alpha message connection with your brain which refuses to listen to your body organs when the alcohol level begins to toxify and impair them.....your organs send a "stop ingesting alcohol" message to your brain but it is OVERIDDEN by the anti-parasitic Alpha message being sent.You then keep drinking with your body and minds full support....lol.....until something gives out and stops the ingestion cycle.

When you stop ingesting alcohol daily you immdiatly begin to be chroniclly and long term infested by parsites which you had been killing daily when you drank......so basiclly every day you ingested parasites or eggs and every day they hatched but you WIPED THEM OUT with alcohol religously preventing any large number of eggs from being deposited in your stomach lining to support waves or blooms of future parasitic infections.

The reason people suffer tremendous discomfort from cold turkey ceasing of alcohol consumption is because they are deprived immediatly of the incredible anti-parasitic benefits they had been getting regularly and they DO BEGIN TO BECOME SICK FOR REAL WITH PARASITIC BLOOMS......the "cravings" related to alcohol use are very REAL but they are not for the alcohols "buzz" the cravings are for the anti-parasitic effect which is PRIMAL and ALPHA...and these are as result the STRONGEST CRAVINGS POSSIBLE.Consuming MJ based or other natural anti-parasitic foods daily IMMEDIATLY will provide the brain with another ALPHA message source to completely neutralise and post-cold turkey cravings.

If this helps thank Dr Hulda Clark.

edit on 9-5-2016 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Might not help but may be useful to know.

My biological male parent was an alco and town drunk. Brother has son with the problem. Brother gets help from people who know about alcoholism. They say and NOTE THIS that they have no scientific evidence for this but they know from family histories that alcoholism is a gene that jumps every second generation, as per our family.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I knew a guy who was downing a pint of whiskey a day.

I knew a guy once-- everyone's different.

Quitting is easy, staying quit is a lot harder. Thats why I suggested he hit a meeting. People there have been through it all and can steer him, if he goes, if he fronts himself off.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
How much are you, were drinking?
How is it affecting your life?

<< 1   >>

join