It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Abraxas?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

No Abraxas means in its original Hebrew to bestow the blessing or similar to that.

It is also another ineffable name like ShemHamphorash.

And the source of the term Abracadabra.

Its Ha Braccha dabarata in Hebrew.

It means pronounce the blessing and WAS used for exorcisms and apparently worked.

Abraxas etymology and origins

This book is as scholarly as it gets and deals extensively with Abraxas more than any other deity for certain.

AUM or OM is a sacred word as is IAO or YAO.
Sabaoth, Adonai all are found on the same gems with the rooster head and serpent legs.

edit on 19-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CapstonePendulum
Good morning ATS. I heard about a god named Abraxas or Abrasax quite sometime ago. I could find no myths or information at all really at first.

Abraxas is the god of those, like you, who have never heard of Google (or any other search engine)

en.wikipedia.org...

I beleive he eats the ignorant

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I just hit pay dirt on Abraxas from the Book of Enoch who lived 365 years which is the sum total of Abraxas in Greek.

1 Enoch LXVIII:19

This is the number of the Kesbel, the principle part of the oath which the Most High, dwelling in glory, revealed to the Holy Ones.20. Its name is Beka....21. This is the power of that oath... oath of Akae...by this oath the sun and the moon complete their course.

So the oath = 365 as does Abraxas. Enoch lived for 365 years and Akae Beka is translated from Ethiopic and I am sure that Abraxas is the secret name of the book of Enoch and the source of the Ineffable Name of the Most High as opposed to Ialdabaoth or IAO, YHVH.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: CapstonePendulum
Good morning ATS. I heard about a god named Abraxas or Abrasax quite sometime ago. I could find no myths or information at all really at first.

Abraxas is the god of those, like you, who have never heard of Google (or any other search engine)

en.wikipedia.org...

I beleive he eats the ignorant

You must feel like the coolest, smartest person in the world. I mean to waste the time to type that message shows you are willing to try making yourself feel smart with that oh so clever remark about something we all know about.

You didn't add nothing new so you don't have any information that you could help with so you put down the op for...asking a question?

That is how you learn. You don't get answers without asking questions and I gave the op the answers he was looking for.

You didn't.

To the op: I hope this helps

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

And that you would go straight to wikipedia shows you will take the most common and least informative route and flaunt it like you just gave an essay of your own.

Way to go you referred someone to Wikipedia.

Do you think you did something relevant or that hasn't already been done? Everyone googles but not everything is easy to find info on. Wikipedia is everybody's first stop.

Realize when you are being a *ouch*

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The OP stated he could find no information at all about Abraxas, I just demonstrated how easy it was to find the basics, with accompanying links for further research.

But I guess asking on ATS is easier than doing some research yourself

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's actually not easy to learn about
Abraxas. Abraxas is a God but not Horus
and not magic nor a spell.
Abraxas is said to be the embodiment of both sides
of light and dark, male and female.
Abraxas can bestow gifts one minute
then slaughter the very same group mercilessly.
Temperamental and completely unknown .
Feared to be sure.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No, you were trying to make someone feel stupid is what you were doing.

Do that when someone pretends to know something they don't, not when someone humbley asks for information after clearly stating that he or she was having trouble finding reliable information.

Which is understandable to all who know the difficulty of uncracking the Abraxas mystery.

And you didn't have any information so you thought insulting someone would make you feel like you are better because you can recommend Google.

That is a *ouch* move.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You did not demonstrate anything of the sort accept that you didn't read the op where it is stated that research was being done with little success.

But if it were so easy you would have provided the answer to prove your superiority and the ease of which you speak info can be found.

All talk no game.

Oh, and I have no remorse for people who are so naive that they think Wikipedia is a reliable source of information and recommends it as a source.

Wikipedia is not research. It is reading an article that may be incorrect. You show how little you understand the process of research when you recommend a wikipedia entry.

Everyone who researches anything gets the wiki entry first so you are talking about something that everyone knows.

You have only shown your own ignorance.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join