It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Ford White House Altered Rockefeller Commission Report in 1975: Removed Section on CIA

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

White House Aide Dick Cheney Spearheaded Editing of Report to Dampen Impact

The Gerald Ford White House significantly altered the final report of the supposedly independent 1975 Rockefeller Commission investigating CIA domestic activities

The changes included removal of an entire 86-page section on CIA assassination plots and numerous edits to the report by then-deputy White House Chief of Staff Richard Cheney.

Today’s posting includes the entire suppressed section on assassination attempts, Cheney’s handwritten marginal notes, staff memos warning of the fallout of deleting the controversial section, and White House strategies for presenting the edited report to the public.

Gerald Ford White House Altered Rockefeller Commission Report in 1975: Removed Section on CIA

The sections removed concerned the 86 pages related to the CIA assassination plots of foreign leaders on or off US soil.

A good insight into the power neocons wielded long before Reagan became president.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Yah, the schmuck. He was also on the Warren Commission (JFK assassination investigation) and pardoned Nixon, his first act as presider.

Goes to figure he also 'classified' foreign assassinations. Was a favorite way to dispose of prominent leaders back then. Thinking of RFK and MLK, too.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Of course.

My aunt almost got married to his kid and was harassed by the mob when she refused to marry him and told to keep her mouth shut.

They grew up in New Jersey together apprently

Why do you think he choss Nelson Rockefeller as his VP?

Just another coincidence right?

Isn't the real power always the guy behind the scenes?

Just ask Joe Biden. Think it's an accident him and Hillary both have roots in Scranton an area in PA knosn for organized crime, just look up the Buffalino crime family

It's no coincidence that the downtown area of wilkes Barre and Scranton have these mega mansions built by coal billionaires and tbese massive unparralleed courthousss like I've never seen before in my life

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I find the timing of all this very... um... something! I don't know what to make of it all...

October 10, 1973 -- Spiro Agnew, VP under Nixon, was forced to resign after he was charged with various crimes
December 1973 -- Gerald Ford replaced Agnew
August 1974 -- Nixon was forced to resign due to the Watergate coverup
August 1974 -- Ford replaced Nixon as prez
December 19, 1974 -- Nelson Rockefeller was appointed as Ford's VP (three days before the NY Times article)
December 22, 1974 -- NYT article published (prompting Rockefeller Commision)
January 5, 1975 -- Prez Ford announced the appointment of the Rockefeller Commission
January 27, 1975 -- Senate Church Committee formed to investigate
February 19, 1975 -- House of Reps forms Nedzi Committee (replaced by Pike Committee five months later)

So all of the above took place in about 16 months time. I'll have to look at this again when I have more time. I'm very interested in reading others' comments and insights as well.

I couldn't find a link to the original New York Times article by Seymour Hersch, but here's some others I found:

Vice President Agnew resigns

Reelected with Nixon in 1972, Agnew resigned on October 10, 1973, after the U.S. Justice Department uncovered widespread evidence of his political corruption, including allegations that his practice of accepting bribes had continued into his tenure as U.S. vice president

List of Vice Presidents

New York Times Exposes CIA Spying on Americans

A front-page story by reporter Seymour Hersh in The New York Times on this day exposed a massive program of domestic spying by the CIA. The article reported that the CIA had files on over 10,000 Americans — by its charter, the CIA is barred from gathering intelligence within the U.S. The political uproar triggered three investigations of the CIA and the other intelligence agencies. The Times story revealed one part of what was known as Operation Chaos in the CIA. The program had begun on August 15, 1967, when President Lyndon Johnson ordered the CIA to investigate support for the anti-Vietnam War movement by foreign governments. The CIA subsequently delivered four reports to President Johnson, on November 15, 1967, December 22, 1967, January 5, 1968, and September 4, 1968. Operation Chaos expanded under President Richard Nixon before being terminated by the CIA in March 1974, prior to the Times story on this day.

Rockefeller Commission and the JFK Assassination

At a meeting with some senior figures at the New York Times, including Arthur O. Sulzberger and A. M. Rosenthal, President Gerald Ford let slip the information that the CIA had been involved in conspiracies to assassinate political leaders. He immediately told them that this information was off the record. This story was leaked to the journalist Daniel Schorr who reported the story on CBS News. As Schorr pointed out his autobiography, Staying Tuned: "President Ford moved swiftly to head off a searching congressional investigation by extending the term of the Rockefeller commission and adding the assassination issue to its agenda."

A few days later President Ford held a long-scheduled luncheon for New York Times publisher Arthur O. Sulzberger and several of his editors. Toward the end the subject of the newly named Rockefeller commission came up. Executive Editor A. M. Rosenthal observed that, dominated by establishment figures, the panel might not have much credibility with critics of the CIA. Ford nodded and explained that he had to he cautious in his choices because, with complete access to files, the commission might learn of matters, under presidents dating back to Truman, far more serious than the domestic surveillance they had been instructed to look into. The ensuing hush was broken by Rosenthal.

"Like what?"

"Like assassinations," the president shot back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My initial thought is that someone knew something was going to come out, and the NYT article was basically propaganda, intended to establish the narrative... until Ford blew it...

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It is good to see this stuff coming out!

I have always found it absurd how anyone is able to maintain a positive view of the C.I.A.

They are truly the worst of the worst committing atrocities across the globe, experimenting on the minds of the masses in multiple ways, being the biggest drug dealers in the world, assassinations, etc....

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I think that the CIA has a covert Jesuit group operating inside the body .They were or are very good at embedding themselves as a fifth column every where .Not all Jesuits would qualify for top positions and could be used in the lower ranks but could still play important rolls in keeping the higher ups in rank . This vid on their history is one of the better ones that can give you a idea just how powerful and hidden in plain sight they really are .
They are masters at intelligence manuplitation and cruelty . Painting any group with a broad brush is a mistake .about the time you do they will disappear and reappear as something else .

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

From what we know, which isnt much, the CIA is a government agency which murders people, deals drugs, deals weapons, overthrows governments and does God knows what else.

I feel comfortable in saying that even with this disclosure, we are still prevented from knowing the CIA's activities.

If you recall, Governor Ventura said that soon after his inauguration, he was told about one specific state government employee who was a CIA agent. His unofficial job was to monitor the activities of the state level politicians.

I'm still not sure when the American people gave our public servants the ability to commit crimes against humanity and not be prosecuted.

Ron Paul under the guise of the TSA introduced a Bill that would have removed the government's immunity from committing crimes. It basically said that if something is illegal for you or me, its illegal for the government.

Here is another great video. The first question was about the CIA.

edit on 8-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thank you for the video, I have briefly looked into the Jesuits and find that their nefarious purposes have indeed encircled the globe. It is like a network of satanic magicians that shrouded themselves amongst the secret societies of the world, practicing their black magick while the masses fell under their spell.

I have long maintained that the Catholic church epitomizes the devil made manifest. Their history is one of genocide, thievery, and indoctrination to the highest degree, it would not surprise me in the least to learn they are a part of the C.I.A, if not had a hand in their creation.

a reply to: gladtobehere

You know, I have always felt the one needs to look to the creation of this horrific agency to understand it. Bearing in mind that our most influential members of society funded their eugenics operation in Germany during WW2 and this conveniently was the excuse to create said organization, it is no surprise that we have no say.

They quite literally have only expanded everything the Nazi's worked towards. They epitomize their vision of taking over the world using as nefarious of methods as possible and have even put to work their excellent brainwashing propaganda. We can only hope more of their inner workings get exposed in the coming days!

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amMonday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Just ask Joe Biden. Think it's an accident him and Hillary both have roots in Scranton an area in PA knosn for organized crime, just look up the Buffalino crime family

It's no coincidence that the downtown area of wilkes Barre and Scranton have these mega mansions built by coal billionaires and tbese massive unparralleed courthousss like I've never seen before in my life

Luzerne County Courthouse is massive. It's was the backdrop for both Ted Kennedys' hearing re: his car wreck, as well as the infamous Kids-For-Cash judicial scandal.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-5-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yes, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

The CIA fairly well runs this government, hand-in-glove with corporate special interests.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
And this is 'news' WHY ?

Yall miss that foreign assassination over in Pakistan a few years back ?

It was highly publicized after all.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Are you referring to the Legend Of Abbottabad?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Jul 15th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

(post by CurtisAlbert removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Ford was a Rockefeller puppet.

My aunt almost married his kid and got stalked and told to keep her mouth shut.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Katherinehayden

You might find this link helpful as it has priors . I mean that in a way that the Bildebergers meet every year to go into things to talk about .For instance the 2002 meeting they were talking about going to war in Iraq . there are plenty of past meetings in the file section and there may be some nuggets you can find . I wonder if this thread's topic showed up on some of the minuits that year ? publicintelligence.net...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CurtisAlbert

Your sig made me think of this piece I read this morning . It some how makes a link to the Syrian gas attack through a Lab . in Georgia ...

Back in 2004 a European intelligence service commissioned some due diligence work on the activities of Bechtel National and the Technology Management Company, TMC, in Georgia and the region. The then-confidential report on these was written by, and payment made to, one of the contributions to this article, Jeffrey Silverman, who during his career was once stationed at a military storage site for chemical weapons in the US. This report was forgotten until recently. Then it became known that Technology Management Co. Inc. had won part of a $975 million federal contract for small businesses offered by the U.S. Air Combat Command Joint Base at Langley-Eustis, Virginia, for companies providing counter-narcotics and global threats operational and logistical support. TMC Global Professional Services was eligible for this because it claims that it provides engineering and construction management services, to governmental and commercial clients in Central Asia, the former Soviet Union and internationally. journal-neo.org...

new topics

top topics

join