It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Drive-By Shooting of Police at DUI CheckPoint

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I prefer the term "gunperson" when there is no reason to attach the stigma to men.

Anyway....

AZ Family reports that a Maricopa County sheriff's deputy was shot several times in what investigators say may be a random drive-by attack Saturday morning.
The deputy, who has been with the force for 10 years, suffered multiple gunshot wounds to his legs and was taken to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital. The deputy is expected to fully recover.
The suspect opened fire while driving by a traffic stop at the 101 frontage road near Price and University just after 2 a.m. The sheriff's deputy had pulled over another vehicle for a suspected DUI when the gunman in the passing vehicle opened fire, Maricopa County sheriff's deputy Joaquin Enriquez said.

But MCSO does have a short description of the suspect's vehicle. It is described as a 1980s to 1990s silver Cadillac.
The gunman remains on the loose.

lawofficer.com...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaww thats toooooo bad

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

i always thought dui check points were un constitutional,

so if it is then that police officer was breaking the law and if he was abiding by the law then he wouldn't of been their and would of not got shot.

just my theory by the way

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I prefer the term "gunperson" when there is no reason to attach the stigma to men.

about time.

i hope they find those punks.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

It wasn't a checkpoint. The officer stopped a vehicle for suspected DUI and was performing the stop when he was shot.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
People are starting to treat the cops the way some cops treat people
It will only get worse, I am afraid they all get tarred with the same brush

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

my bad thought the title said checkpoint. that being the case.

I guess when you carry a gun as a job, it is implied criminals will shot at you. Maybe the reason why their is not IQ requirement for police officers, they need the stupid people to take these jobs.

In all seriousness i hope he is ok for his famileys sake. losing a familey member sucks

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Anyway....

AZ Family reports that a Maricopa County sheriff's deputy was shot several times in what investigators say may be a random drive-by attack Saturday morning.
The deputy, who has been with the force for 10 years, suffered multiple gunshot wounds to his legs and was taken to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital. The deputy is expected to fully recover.
The suspect opened fire while driving by a traffic stop at the 101 frontage road near Price and University just after 2 a.m. The sheriff's deputy had pulled over another vehicle for a suspected DUI when the gunman in the passing vehicle opened fire, Maricopa County sheriff's deputy Joaquin Enriquez said.

But MCSO does have a short description of the suspect's vehicle. It is described as a 1980s to 1990s silver Cadillac.
The gunman remains on the loose.

lawofficer.com...

Ultra Man ROCKS DUDE!!!!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The thread title says checkpoint, but the article says stop, so it's easy to get confused.

They hit him in the legs. The doctors say he should recover.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
title of the source story...

Arizona Deputy Shot Multiple Times at Tempe DUI Stop

very confusing.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I sure would hate to be a cop right now. I guess someone has to do it though.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I'm actually very familiar with that intersection. Tempe Marketplace is just a little north of there, as is the new Cubs spring training stadium. It's a strange place to pull someone over; especially for the Sheriff's, since Tempe has a police department.

There's only two thru lanes on that frontage road, with a third for the freeway on-ramp on the left (you can see it on the left in the picture at the article link.) But there's no room for parking -- or pulling over. They had to have been blocking the right straight lane. And I'm wondering if the shooter's vehicle got on the freeway right there after firing on the deputy. The 60 interchange is just a few miles down from there, so they could have gone east or west from there. I'm pretty sure there's a road to cross over the freeway just a few hundred feet or so ahead, so if they didn't get on the freeway, they could have crossed the freeway and gone north and caught the freeway northbound.

So sad. I'm glad the deputy will be okay, but still so sad that it happened at all. Hope they find them. There's a liquor store there on the south corner, and a Circle K on the north corner. Maybe one of their security cameras caught something -- like a license plate number!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Drive by shooting.
That's just cowardly. If you're going to shoot someone, have the balls to do it face to face.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

i always thought dui check points were un constitutional,

Try actually reading the OP, or source....

Also

WASHINGTON, June 14— Following are excerpts from the Supreme Court's 6-to-3 decision today upholding sobriety checkpoints as constitutional.

www.nytimes.com...

The sheriff's deputy had pulled over another vehicle for a suspected DUI

edit on 7-5-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If a police officer is performing a duty that ensures public safety then why target him? Because he is a cop? How fair is that regardless of if it was a DUI check point or an actual regulation stop.

There are aholes in every job field, every position of power, every race, every gender....

There will always be good people and bad people. We should do what we can to extract the corrupt and praise the ones who want to help.

If this person really cared about killing this particular cop, then they would have sought him out when he was not serving the public. If they really believed an injustice was done that was so wrong by this individual, they would have made an effort... not drove by and opened fire while putting other lives in danger besides the officer himself. The point is people like this think they are doing good in the world when really they are perpetuating violence and driving forward a movement to turn the US into a police state.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This story came to me linked from local news about DUI checkpoints around here.

Pretty easy mistake to make....

As for the article itself, I would ask if this is Tempe or is it Tikrit?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

This happened like 3 miles from my house

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Anyway....

AZ Family reports that a Maricopa County

Isn't that that corrupt racist Joe Arpaio's people?
Harassed one Mexican too many, perhaps?
It was just the legs!
Not his time, yet.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So do you drive a silver Cadillac?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

no 80s honda

top topics