It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-Respect: What Is It? (Infographic) {Bullying Prevention}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
October 31, 2012

by Admin

BULLYING EPIDEMIC page--Anti-Bullying, Bullying Awareness, Bullying Prevention
bullyingepidemic.com...

What underlies bullying? The lack of respect for self and others.
How do we keep kids grounded in respect? First we need to know what respect for self looks like. When we respect ourselves, it’s much easier to respect others.
Kids grounded in respect won’t bully others to get or maintain friendships and won’t stand by while others are being bullied. Create an environment where respect rules and 80% of your bullying problems disappear and the remaining problems are much smaller and more simply solved!
The following infographic can help kids (adults too!) learn the principles of self-respect.
[see link for the infographic]
[e.g.]
1. I have a realistic sense of my strengths and weaknesses.
2. I accept myself the way I am right now, with imperfections.
3. I am entitled to be treated with respect, by myself and others, just because I'm a human being.
. . .
5. My sense of self & self-respect are strong enough to withstand the bumps and bruises of life.
. . .

I think that if I had a child, I'd do my level best to insure that these basic elements of self-respect had long been cultivated into their person from age 0 on up.
And by their teen years, I'd have discussed and observed and maybe set-up various scenarios and explored the self-respect issues in each of those scenarios until I felt confident that my child could handle all those situations with a good strong sense of self-respect.
I'd also want to teach them how to handle others in such situations when the other party(ies) involved were operating out of a bullying, hostile, insensitive etc kind of mentality, spirit--and how to neutralize the destructiveness coming from the other person(s).

join