It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Should Know About Your Brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Judy Willis
www.radteach.com...

. . .
When you are not stressed by negative emotions, you can control what information makes it into your brain. By calming your brain, you can control which sensory data from your environment your brain lets in or keeps out--and influence which information gets admitted to your prefrontal cortex.
. . .
A key to making your brain work optimally, then, is to keep yourself physically healthy and well rested and to develop awareness of--and some control over--your emotions. Then you can approach learning calmly and with positive emotions.
. . .
Certain activities, such as interacting with friends, laughing, physical activity, listening to someone read to you, and acting kindly increase dopamine levels. You'll boost your learning if you get them into your day.
. . .

I passed this article up at first. It looked like a lot of boring stuff I learned in my PhD program--and much forgotten since . . . and didn't want to face again. LOL.
Then I took a second look at it. I found that it has some very useful, insightful and practical suggestions for improving learning and practical results from better brain functioning. I think it is worth the time of anyone interested in such improvements.
One of the old truisms are also mentioned in the article--PRACTICE AND REVIEW. I think in this 'instant' era, practice and review are under rated and under . . . uhhhh . . . practiced.
If you have a job that requires a lot of on-going learning, this article may be of value.
If you are in school, this article could help you a lot.
Cheers.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is becoming a magazine rack at the supermarket. The only thing I know about my brain is that it's better than most

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Sorry you don't seem to have gotten the memo.

Perhaps you could look around for it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
This is becoming a magazine rack at the supermarket. The only thing I know about my brain is that it's better than most

There may be an alien that eats brains hanging around the threads. I wouldn't be mentioning anything your tasty brain.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

There may be an alien that eats brains hanging around the threads. I wouldn't be mentioning anything your tasty brain.

LOLOLOL.

Have you ever cultivated any of the suggestions in your life? The results, if so?

What's your perspective on all that?

Thanks for stopping by this thread.

new topics

top topics

join