It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Colors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Tonight at work I noticed a meteor flying through the sky. When it first entered the atmosphere it was reddish orange streak (obviously burning up in the atmosphere), it went for about a full second then blew up like a radiating fireworks display. When it exploded, the color was a bright forest green. I quickly made a wish, then wondered what it could be made of to explode with a green color like that? Does anyone know what element that meteor must have contained to "blow up green"?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Copper I suspect may burn with a green flame, or maybe that was aluminium, I can't do a comprehensive search for it right now cos I'm at work. That's my best guess though, hopefully one of the other forumers can answer the question properly.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Na, Copper burns with a more blue/green flame. Barrium on the other hand will produce a nice green
Really depends on what kind of green you, was it bright, dull, any other colours in it?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
it was definetly bright. It was like a deep forest green, I guess. It was the color of those "darker" green christmas lights, kind of... I don't know what else to compare it to, to better describe it. I have seen quite a few meteors burn up and/or explode, but never with a green color before. It was very nice...

top topics

join