It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Clinton Super PAC Caught Astroturfing (Trolling) on Social Media, Op-Ed Pages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Last week the HRC machine announced a one million dollar upgrade to their correct the record, astro turfing projects.

Now we're are seeing the HRC machines trolls at work, not just Trolls but lobbyist writers sending their message out through HRC's minions.

A Dem mayor is caught passing an OP ed written by lobbyists as their own work! Plagiarism?

Atlanta Mayor’s Column Ripping Bernie Sanders Drafted by Lobbyist, Emails Show

But emails released from Reed’s office indicate that the column, which pilloried Sanders as out of touch with the poor, was primarily written by a corporate lobbyist, and was edited by Correct the Record, one of several pro-Clinton Super PACs.

Anne Torres, the mayor’s director of communications, told The Intercept this week that the column was not written by the mayor, but by Tharon Johnson, a former Reed adviser who now works as a lobbyist for UnitedHealth, Honda, and MGM Resorts, among other clients. The column’s revisions by staffers from Correct the Record are documented in the emails.

Torres said that Correct the Record reached out to assist with the piece after being contacted by Johnson. “The extent of my assistance (as you can read in the emails) was sending over the mayor’s bio and headshot,” Torres said.

Johnson did not respond to a request for comment. Correct the Record did not respond either.

source

Pro-Clinton Super PAC Caught Astroturfing on Social Media, Op-Ed Pages

As Shadowproof's Kevin Gosztola wrote at the time:

Although the super PAC frames the launch of this project as an effort to “defend” Clinton, it really is an offensive information operation against the Sanders campaign, the campaign’s most passionate supporters, and any voters, who may question whether Clinton should be the next president of the United States.

[...] What is particularly troubling about the project to combat users on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and Instagram is that users may not realize they are targets of Correct The Record’s information operation. The project apparently has no plan to announce their membership in this task force. They will likely select users, who are popular, and go after them until those users are overwhelmed to a point where their expression of their opinions are drowned out by the task force’s response to their online activity.

[...] The Clinton campaign, and in particular, Correct The Record, is so filled with conceit that it thinks, in the middle of the Democratic primary when there are over a thousand pledged delegates to still be awarded, that they can target the “attacks” or criticisms of Clinton by Sanders supporters published on social media and then push campaign propaganda at these same supporters that will convince them to support Clinton. It is incredibly vain, and an example of how the Clinton campaign has believed all along that it is entitled to support from Democratic voters.

"There would be no need for a 'digital task force,'" Gosztola wrote, "if the Clinton campaign did not fear that Americans are learning too much about how Clinton is beholden to corporate and special interests, which will heavily influence her as president."

source

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think I have spotted a few

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I wasn't aware people actually like hillary. I do not honestly know anyone that supports her.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Lol, in my day we used to see people driving around tearing down "Vote for--" campaign signs.

Now its 'super Political Action Committee 'correcting' (slandering) the competitions image on line.

You guys still realize the election is fixed, the chosen one is already ordained?

All this intrigue is part of the dog and pony election show.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Hillary is awesome.

Just ignore the 5 decades of corruption, elitism, mismanagement of state/federal funds, and a total disregard for anyone living and breathing in America or the world.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

/r/politics has become a strange place. Every article posted on it is pro Bernie or anti Hillary but nearly ALL the comments are Hillbots or Trumpbots. Best example I saw today was an article about a suspension in NYC over the voter purge and the comments were all basically the same one, "How come there's no voter fraud in states Bernie won?". What does that have to do with actual shenanigans?

It's reminding me of the circle jerking we see around here 24/7.

Hillary is pouring it on because Bernie is set to sweep May.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I wasn't aware people actually like hillary. I do not honestly know anyone that supports her.

A lot of it is a fabrication. 45% of her twitter followers are fictional. A good number of her online supporters are paid. The Anti-trump protesters are paid by her.

Pathetic really.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I didn't think anyone did either , sillyolme?

Makes sense how the winning DNC candidate has to pay off people, not!

If Bernie endorses her , that will be a serious disappointment and clearly he was a fake all along.
edit on 33531America/ChicagoFri, 06 May 2016 16:33:48 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah, and a lot of her minions are posing online as former Cruz supporters and typing #NeverTrump at every chance they get.

Oh and Glenn Beck, who I am convinced is a Federal Agent, but that's another story

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think I have spotted a few

Yep, around here some of the very few hillary supporters appear to enjoy stereotyping and being proud to be sexist.
They sound like some bitter people.

What makes it even sadder and funnier is that the only argument they can come up with to support her which can't be shutdown, is that they are sexist,LOL.

edit on 54531America/ChicagoFri, 06 May 2016 16:54:06 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Yeah, and a lot of her minions are posing online as former Cruz supporters and typing #NeverTrump at every chance they get.

Oh and Glenn Beck, who I am convinced is a Federal Agent, but that's another story

Glenn Beck is too stupid to be a Federal Agent, he's just a lunatic. He needs professional help. He's been acting like an over-emotional 13 year old recently, and he's a grown man.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The news is written by spin doctors and the sock puppets are given spin classes by Hollywood types .Its not even left to the message but how the message is delivered .You don't think these fools called politicians are real do you . Need a class call the agencies .They are filled with fiction writers that didn't do so well with their trade . They need to feed the kids and will do what ever puts food on the table . From 911 street acting to the bigger games ...
Oh and if you get called out then call the spin doctors .Its a old game .

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I was pm-ing with a reddit mod that mentioned they have been being brigaded by hillbots for months, they were getting ready for the "correct the records" onslaught. But yes the comments sect has gone to hell!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You know it's dodgy when, while under investigation by the FBI for other dodgy shenanigans, it spends a million bucks on propaganda and smear campaigns on social and MS medias as a priority over addressing the important issues like job creation, infrastructure upgrades, foreign policy et al.

So, just imagine what she will be capable of if she gets the big chair - she'll take dodgy to a whole new level.

Hillary Dodgy Clinton for Prison - see it even rhymes.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

If she will do this kind of crap just to win the election can we really afford to elect her to our highest office? She is practically guaranteed to be the most corrupt President in history should she be elected come November.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hilley has said, that she wants, a Manhattan type project to break encryption
and is for more funding for the NSA.

Though I think her astroturf army, is going to be working overtime trying to sale the voters,
an email server story.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

My sister does...

My poor parents. They must be rolling over in their graves at the thought.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
imagine the troll stuff they'll deploy against Trump in the general election.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about the stuff they (allegedly) did in Arkansas. I wonder if we'll ever know the full stories.

well judgment will come in the next world, if not this one.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

A majority of us sanders supporters didn't even read the article, know of anyone who has read the article, nor did we receive any word of mouth about any of the said articles in the cr-op. (Cited reference original post.)

I am a huge Sanders supporter and none of those articles i have even heard of until this very post. And a huge amount of people who i talk to, who usually send me dumb # from the hillary campaign have even sent me them. And i think i know why. It was bull# to begin with. The only thing that could come out of it was bull#.

So keep trying harder hillary clinton. Bernie Sanders is the only good choice americans have after trump ruined it for himself when he let slip that he is no longer "self funding" his campaign going into the general election.

So much for no one getting into Mr. Trump's pockets.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join