It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab-grown meat is in your future, and it may be healthier than the real stuff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Blacker

Interesting.

Global trade would be good IF it were not being currently used to reduce everyone to the lowest common denominator.

You might enjoy

www.arcosanti.org...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Let's kill of the lobby system

WOW the link is epic thank you

edit on 6-5-2016 by Blacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Blacker

Yeah. The lobbying system in D.C. is rife with evil.

Arcosanti is a fun place. I've long followed it and visited it several times.

I think that they are doing some wonderful things with a lot of good thought and experimentation going on.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I want to live there

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My Lord am i conflicted.

I don't kill insects because I value life (except wasps and scorpions...they're assholes and were put here for me to kill). But something feels human about butchering a kill and eating it.

The other side of this is that meat production is the lynchpin of humanity. Without us domesticating the auroch, we would have never had need to learn to digest milk and beef, and would have had an immensely hard time tending fields without a beast to pull the plow.

It seems that we are tied intrinsically to beef, chicken, goat/lamb, and pigs. Once those are removed, you remove a big piece of what makes modern humans who/what we are. Likely on a genetic level, even.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

GREAT POINTS, of course.

I feel similarly.

I was still a toddler when I'd watch my stepdad and helpers butcher a beef hung from the big ole cottonwood tree by the adobe mud hut we called home. I now live on the last acre of that old place, in a single wide. LOL.

I always felt bad for the steer. But I sure liked to eat the beef.

Then, when we were particularly poor that year, I felt bad for me as I was forced by my folks to eat the brains. LOL.

I wonder how much of this will really come to fruition before they crash everything around our ankles.

Time will tell.

Thanks for stopping in.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What, you don't kill insects?? You might change your mind if you ran across this bunch:

a reply to: EternalShadow

I agree with you for the most part. But listen man, STEAK CHIPS.... chips made of steak, or almost steak anyways! That really has me interested. However, I want to stick to my slaughtered steaks though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join