It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Announces He is no Longer Self-Funding his Campaign

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Aazadan

The Koch brothers are worth ten times what Trump is worth.

No one in their right mind spends a billion dollars on running flr president of their own money.

Do you even have a million dollars ?

How about 100,000?

We didn't make the claim of funding our own campaign. You're right that only an idiot would do that, but that's what Trump said he would do. People are just calling him out on it now, just like Trump and his supporters would call out Bernie if he all of a sudden started setting up SuperPacs to fight against Hillary.

And so FAR, he HAS funded his own campaign.

We our now in the General Election/Nominee phase.

Not even a BILLIONAIRE who is mostly a Billionaire through ASSETS, could fund a campaign on his own in 2016.

Someone as rich as Bill Gates would be hard pressed to do it.

Cmon man, this is silly

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The Kochs alone are liquidating 1 billion to support their person. 2 billion for someone who is claiming to be free from money influences would be just about what it takes.

Face it, Trump lied... again.

Well, he did tell us that he was going to start acting PRESIDENTIAL!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
It takes an average of a BILLION dollars now to run a campaign to the voting booth in the General.

You really think trump is going to liquidate a potential TENTH of his entire Dynasty?

And put thousands out of work?

They are expecting him to spend ALL of bis liquid capital and then sell off more than quadruple his liquid net worth in assets (active businesses ) in order to run for president.

It's totally assinine.

No one is expecting anything.

Far be it for someone to actually stand by their word, I.e. Donald Trump.

It's funny watching him flip-flop and flop-flip and how his supporters instantaneously drop to their collective knees to suckle up and defend their messiah.

It's really rather amusing.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No one in their right mind spends a billion dollars on running flr president of their own money.

How about 100,000?

We didn't make the claim of funding our own campaign. You're right that only an idiot would do that, but that's what Trump said he would do. People are just calling him out on it now, just like Trump and his supporters would call out Bernie if he all of a sudden started setting up SuperPacs to fight against Hillary.

Not even a BILLIONAIRE who is mostly a Billionaire through ASSETS, could fund a campaign on his own in 2016.

Cmon man, this is silly

It's very silly.

However, no one on ATS made these original presumptions - it was Trump. He was the one who made the claims of being "self-funded," and is now going back on his word.

It's very, very silly indeed. Typical two-faced pandering politician. He just tells you "I'm not a politician," and suddenly everyone has restored faith in the "rigged election system," and the "too big and too corrupt government."

For how often Republicans whine about how the federal government wants their guns, they're pretty open to cast their vote/support to said government.

Again - very, very silly.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Trump blew through and outlasted about 20 opponents (Dems included) by spending pretty much the LEAST amount of money....that was HIS OWN. Which is pretty much unprecedented in the history of politics.

And now that the General phase is in play, which requires LOADS of money, he is deciding he can't self fund anymore, because anyone who would, would be INSANE.

But that's not good enough for those obsessed with Trump's every move and word. Nope. He needs to be nailed to the cross at every turn, every minute, every word.

Too bad those tactics DON'T WORK. There are some people that will never be happy, satisfied, no matter what a person does. Someone can literally defy all odds, and there will always be someone to trip them on their way.

Keep at it. It' just makes voting for him easier.

MOARRRRR

edit on 706am3110America/Chicago15CDT10America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

How about 100,000?

Cmon man, this is silly

It's very silly.

However, no one on ATS made these original presumptions - it was Trump. He was the one who made the claims of being "self-funded," and is now going back on his word.

It's very, very silly indeed. Typical two-faced pandering politician. He just tells you "I'm not a politician," and suddenly everyone has restored faith in the "rigged election system," and the "too big and too corrupt government."

For how often Republicans whine about how the federal government wants their guns, they're pretty open to cast their vote/support to said government.

Again - very, very silly.

He HAS been self funded. Now he's courting donors because he HAS to. He just STARTED, and here you are ready to beat him with a whip before he can even announce his next phase.

What does that say about YOU? That you won't even give someone a chance to explain a position, before said position has even STARTED?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

It takes an average of a BILLION dollars now to run a campaign to the voting booth in the General.

You really think trump is going to liquidate a potential TENTH of his entire Dynasty?

They are expecting him to spend ALL of bis liquid capital and then sell off more than quadruple his liquid net worth in assets (active businesses ) in order to run for president.

It's totally assinine.

It's funny watching him flip-flop and flop-flip and how his supporters instantaneously drop to their collective knees to suckle up and defend their messiah.

Who are YOU supporting? I'm curious. Let's talk about YOUR candidates finances. If you can snipe at Trump, then provide a counter to what YOUR example is that you support.

edit on 711am3111America/Chicago15CDT11America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
sigh - I come back to see that people are STILL not understanding.

Trump said the he would fund HIS campaign. That is over when he becomes the Republican nominee.

Think of it like this:
You are a member of a club that every year has a big fundraiser, where they usually make $10,000, including $500 that is spent on the start of year party where they welcome their new club president, and the other $9,500 is spent on activities the rest of the year.

Now, you are nominated as club president, and you say - this year you will pay for the party, and the fundraiser should be cancelled.

How long do you think they would keep you as president?

The RNC presidential campaign is kind of like that. It IS their biggest fundraiser. Much of the funds go for the campaign of their nominee, but it is also used for other party business and the campaigns of other members.

If Trump refused the campaign fundraising, he would be denying the RNC their biggest income, and he would surely be getting off to an even worse start with them.

Trump said he would fund HIS campaign. He never said he would pay for the campaign after the nomination.

And as others have said (I'll find quotes later), it is understood that Trump is still never going to honor favors for these donations. He does not roll like that.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is necessary. Trump is in it to win it. He needs the money to challenge the Hillary puppet masters and their extensive wallets.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
sigh - I come back to see that people are STILL not understanding.

Trump said the he would fund HIS campaign. That is over when he becomes the Republican nominee.

Think of it like this:
You are a member of a club that every year has a big fundraiser, where they usually make $10,000, including $500 that is spent on the start of year party where they welcome their new club president, and the other $9,500 is spent on activities the rest of the year.

Now, you are nominated as club president, and you say - this year you will pay for the party, and the fundraiser should be cancelled.

How long do you think they would keep you as president?

The RNC presidential campaign is kind of like that. It IS their biggest fundraiser. Much of the funds go for the campaign of their nominee, but it is also used for other party business and the campaigns of other members.

If Trump refused the campaign fundraising, he would be denying the RNC their biggest income, and he would surely be getting off to an even worse start with them.

Trump said he would fund HIS campaign. He never said he would pay for the campaign after the nomination.

And as others have said (I'll find quotes later), it is understood that Trump is still never going to honor favors for these donations. He does not roll like that.

Finally some damn SENSE around here.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Wow thanks for the informative post I was totally unaware. Now I have fuel for the fire.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

a reply to: amicktd

Well.. He may have come to his sense ln that.

If your willing to meet me halfway I can admkt that it was yet another braggadocios comment and not well thought it and hes definitely paying for it now.

If you honestly think I'm going to stop supporting him over this? Your crazy.

I am more against Hillary than I am pro Trump

I'm not trying to persuade your vote, hell I may vote Trump if Hillary gets the nomination. The more and more Trump makes statements like discussed and then backtracks keeps pushing me further away from him though.

Bernie has nothing but respect from me due to his honesty, wanting to strengthen our social programs, having a history of being behind the American people, and strong stance against the corruption. Most other issues I lean more conservative than liberal, but I usually stand right in the middle and see right through these paid for politicians.

I really hope Bernie runs Green Party with Jill Stein if not nominated. I'm so sick of the 2 party system, if not I'm either not voting or voting Trump.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: ketsuko
I am honestly not surprised and no one else should be either. I am surprised he made it through the primaries, but realistically, he's going to need a full campaign apparatus including a ground network which he never had in the primaries and that takes money.

No Doubt it takes money..Anywhere from 500M to 750M...but he said he was worth 10B and would self-finance?

He has only spent 38 Million of his own money thus far...and he LOANED it to his campaign which means he can/will pay himself back with interest from mega donor checks he is now accepting...so he will likely not end up paying for any of his campaign himself.

Donald Trump in June last year:
"I'm using my own money. I'm not using the lobbyists. I'm not using donors. I don't care." He paused. "I'm really rich."

The fight for the president against Hillary has been projected to cost 2 billion. And no Trump can't afford that.

That is silly hyperbolic nonsense...Bernie has spent relatively little and he almost ate her lunch. Trump became the nominee for less than 40M.

You know who comes up with those estimates? Candidates, Fundraisers and Campaign operatives...all profiting from the BS. All you need is a good message and bottom line media spend....DONATE NOW...It's going to cost 2 Billion to beat (Insert Trump or Hillary)...is just fundraiser marketing.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain
It's only about tearing people down not offering no alternatives or degrading someone.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What about Blueahjs last post please respond to that.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

www.bloomberg.com...

According to Bloomberg this is going to be the most expensive campaign in history they project each candidate will spend more than 2 billion.

I'll take Bloomberg word for it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Well.. He may have come to his sense ln that.

If your willing to meet me halfway I can admkt that it was yet another braggadocios comment and not well thought it and hes definitely paying for it now.

If you honestly think I'm going to stop supporting him over this? Your crazy.

I am more against Hillary than I am pro Trump

I'm not trying to persuade your vote, hell I may vote Trump if Hillary gets the nomination. The more and more Trump makes statements like discussed and then backtracks keeps pushing me further away from him though.

Bernie has nothing but respect from me due to his honesty, wanting to strengthen our social programs, having a history of being behind the American people, and strong stance against the corruption. Most other issues I lean more conservative than liberal, but I usually stand right in the middle and see right through these paid for politicians.

I really hope Bernie runs Green Party with Jill Stein if not nominated. I'm so sick of the 2 party system, if not I'm either not voting or voting Trump.

I can guarantee you that if Bernie were to end up getting the DNC nomination, that he would be using all of that dnc donor money to ensure his victory to President or do you think all of his supporters would be able to empty their wallets, so that he could meet the 3-10 billion dollar quota? The democrat and republican parties are the same, in that they need funding for all of their candidates.

Edit add: Bernie already stated he would not run third party. He would vote Democrat to ensure Republicans don't sit in the white house.
edit on 5 6 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Why should he care, he is anti-establishment right?

Source? Just because he is being nominated doesn't mean his campaign is over.

Why should I believe him? Plus, that's your opinion. As much as he flip-flops, how do you know he isn't just blowing hot air again?

edit on 6-5-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It's totally assinine.

Who are YOU supporting? I'm curious. Let's talk about YOUR candidates finances. If you can snipe at Trump, then provide a counter to what YOUR example is that you support.

Uh, I'm not the topic of this thread so I'm not sure what relevance this has but I'm not supporting anyone.

I snipe at Trump, Bernie, Hillary, Cruz, Kashich - the whole nine yards. I voted for Ron Paul and Gary Johnson if my personal life means that much to a stranger on an Internet forum.

While you're busy defending Trump, I enjoy poking holes in the Swiss cheese that is his platform.

Let's talk about "my candidates finance?"

I don't have a candidate. My local government does not represent me. My state government (Cook County, IL) does not represent me. My federal government does not represent me. I can count on one hand how many members of government I trust and believe that do represent me (or rather us common folk), but I'm failing to see how my personal political views are relevant.

Donald Trump - once again - flip-flops on his positions, and - once again - he is vehemently defended and supported.

I think it's pretty entertaining, to be honest.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

www.bloomberg.com...

According to Bloomberg this is going to be the most expensive campaign in history they project each candidate will spend more than 2 billion.

I'll take Bloomberg word for it.

What an utter waste.

$2B could go a LONG way to actually - oh, you know... perhaps help some of the folks these politicians so keenly use as political props.

But nah, a group of incredibly wealthy individuals can blow $2B on a campaign and somehow consider themselves "connected to the working class of America."

Give me a break.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join