It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Does It Take To Fix A Alarm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
For about six weeks now, some neighbor behind me has had a car alarm, just now going off for the third time tonight. They just shut it off for the third time in just a few minutes.

The first time, it went off about thirty times in a space of about eight hours, from 3 until 11 A.M. That was weeks ago and they still haven't gotten it fixed. I can't even find them to complain as I would have to wait outside for hours, at the least, or days. I can't get there in enough time when it happens to say something.

Who does this? Either turn the thing off or get it fixed. This is beyond ridiculous. I'm unsure what to do as I have no way of finding the culprits, even though there are few choices. It's absolutely insane that this has to go on for as long - and it just went off again - as it has.

It's taken me maybe five minutes to post this yet it's gone off twice in that time and twice before that, in the last fifteen minutes or so. I'm about to go banging on all the doors of the houses behind me to find this idiot and that most likely will be met with blank stares as all the neighbors behind me are Mexican. Who knows if I can even communicate with them. There isn't enough time from when it starts for me to go and find them before it gets turned off, it's just too far.

I want to get pissed at someone for helping me not sleep at times(as if I needed help not sleeping) and this is not just a simple once in a while experience. This is nearly every day. It's bad enough I have major sleeping problems but being kept awake all night when I need to get sleep because I have, you know, a freaking job, and kinda need to be awake and aware when doing said job I guess is of no consideration to whoever owns this vehicle.

I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just more considerate of others but damn, I would be totally pissed off at this time, ranting and raving to the Nth degree about how I hated that bloody alarm that goes off all the time and would have fixed the damn problem. After it going off tens, if not thousands, of times, in the last few weeks, many times at peak sleeping hours I would have ditched the battery in the car when it's sitting but I guess I'm just a nicer person than the ass who obviously, cannot, get this fixed.

Perfect timing, it just went off again as I end this OP. Figures.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

The alarm system is clearly over sensitive. It probably goes off when a car goes past, or a cat walks too close, or something of that nature.

It could be much easier than you think to figure out whose motor car is responsible for your poor sleep quality of late. Just walk the block you think the car is on, until an alarm goes off merely because you were too close to the car. If the alarm tone matches the sound that has cursed your sleep, and went off for next to no reason, you have your culprit.

You then have a number of options. You can hang a little sign over the wing mirror, or put a letter under the wiper, saying something like "Get this STUPID alarm fixed please! Signed, Sleep Deprived Resident". You could also get the plate number, and report the vehicle as a noise nuisance. You could also set up recording equipment in your home, to make a record of the times and duration of the nuisance it causes you, to back up your claim.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

TB, thanks. I'll go start hitting the cars behind me, that ought to do the trick. At least it's a start, and something I never thought of. Once I hit the right car, I'll leave a huge pile of cat guano. I have plenty of that as I've been lax on cleaning the back yard. I'll take the truck and hit all the cars back there, one of them will eventually go off.

Seriously, that's a good idea. Do something that might cause it to go off. Never thought of that. It's that kind of thing you can't ask that biotch Siri for a answer to. I needed a real person to respond.

Thanks a million, I'll see what I can do and report back like a good journalist.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
To me, this sounds like what I'd call a "block buster." It's someone who is trying to disturb the peace on purpose to drive out the decent people so their buddies can come in and live all on a block or two. Probably because their friends or family are trashy, the town they're living in currently is in the process of cleaning out the trash and your town isn't at the moment or any time soon.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

My neighbor went out of town two weeks ago, his intruder alarm went off at 3:00 A.M. The police came but found nothing. It went off until 6:30 A.M. It was so loud and drove me crazy. Finally the police called in the Fire dept. They used their ladder climbed up and cut the wire on the alarm.

I bet the persons car alarm drove you crazy!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
.../You can hang a little sign over the wing mirror, or put a letter under the wiper, saying something like "Get this STUPID alarm fixed please! ...

Hi TheSpanishArcher,

Thanks for the suggestion. I live about a mile from a mega-church. Every day, for the last 15+ years, at 12:15 PM and at about 3:30PM a car alarm goes off (until it times out) in the massive church parking lot. No exceptions, every single day. I can almost set my watch to it. I have to be outside to hear it, so fortunately it's not too much of a nuisance.

I should lurk over there and hang a sign on the offending vehicle, but, their security cameras would surely catch me.

Oh well.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I was born and raised in Las Vegas so I was already crazy. This has been giving me crazy thoughts, though, like those involving a baseball bat to someone's head or a band saw stuck up someones behind. Not that I would do either but I sure think about it when that thing goes off for hours on end.

This has been going on for nearly two months. How long does it take someone to get this kind of thing fixed? I'll just have to figure out what it takes to set off a alarm and do that so I can find the idiot that's at fault, then give them a few pieces of my mind.

This could, and does, happen at any time and I never know when it will end. It's so loud there is no way to ignore it. Heck, I'd rather have a neighbor with a rooster that crows in the early a.m., at least that would be consistent and only last for a little while whereas this is at random times and tends to go on for long periods. I'm gone for the good part of four days a week yet this is still bugging me up the wazoo.

I guess it's time to meet the neighbors back there. Someone is not going to get a sternly worded letter. I won't resort to violence but I will use my tongue to it's fullest degree.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Petrol bomb. Solved!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I nearly got into a fight just now.

I got testy, and the guy might have been right but I think he was full of it, and I will have to jump fences to get a answer. Breaking and entering and all that, just to stop this.

I'm not the a-hole here, as I am in many situations, but this has to stop and it seems I'm going to have to fight, literally, to get this to stop.

I just almost got into three more fights as I'm the a-hole here and no one knows a damned thing.

Glad I got to meet my neighbors, a bunch of POS. They all were dicks, had no idea where this loud and obnoxious sound is coming from yet it's coming from their next door neighbor. But I'm a white boy, the outsider in the neighborhood I grew up in, and no one will cooperate.

It went off twice in the last half hour and I'm the dick for trying to stop it and no one living near me knows a damned thing. It's only been happening for the last two or so months.

There's two houses I'll have to jump a fence to get into. Everyone else wants to fight me, and I'm not only right, I'm F*****kn right. This has gone on way too long. No one will admit or give up their neighbor as they are all Hispanic and I'm the a-hole white guy.

new topics

top topics

join