It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restroom Vigilantes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

But because she has short hair and was dressed androgynously,

I can picture so many regular women getting followed and harassed just for not being "feminine" enough. Short hair, jeans, baggy tee shirt.....

One of the things I've noticed about transgendered women (or whichever term is proper for man turned woman), is that many could likely want to be dressed in dresses, and makeup - more so than women sick of makeup, that would rather just be comfy in jeans.

This could result in more birth gendered woman being harassed than the dress wearing, makeup wearing person hiding their Adam's apple.

I agree here, I know two people(fem to male and a female) that would be victims of harassment and hope it doesn't turn that way for them.

I've been put on the spot before from someone in the distance saying "A man into the women's room don't go in there!". It was at night and to them apparently they assumed someone in a long coat must be a man looking to be a predator. While sure that was caution as one might say, can nearly imagine how trans,lesbian, less feminine in appearance women would feel.
edit on 2-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: sentence correction.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

LOL! It has become a national obsession.

Trans people have been pooping and peeing in bathrooms for years. People need to get over it.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This happens to me a lot because I'm a tomboy. Always have been. Men assume I'm a man until I turn around and they see my rack.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What ignorance. Why can't people mind their own business? What makes you think you have the right to push your view on others.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join