It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Glock 26 Gen 4

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: introvert

I covered a Walther P22 here a while ago. Love that little gun. Easy to shoot, accurate, and reliable once you break it in.

Yes, it is a terrific firearm. Add the fact that the pistol has very little recoil, I find it to be more accurate and that is important for self defense.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Great thread. I just sold my Sccy 9mm, Taurus PT111G2 and my Chartr Arms .38 revolver. I was going to go the Glock route but chose S&W instead. I went with the SD9 first, then the SD.40 and for the days I need something smaller I chose the M&P shield chambered in 9mm. The .40 is my chosen carry, my M&P will mostly stay with the family when I'm out and about then I'll use the SD9 for range days because the 9's are just cheaper to shoot. I was jonesing for a Glock 17 but after shooting a friends Sigma and liking it I was drawn to the SD9.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chefc14

You did right by choosing M & P.

SD series pistols are ok. They go boom every time but we are still talking about a Glock copy.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Very nice overview VX,

I especially like that you brought up the dual issues of shot placement and speedy recovery between shots.

I've legally carried everything from a polish tt33, a cz52 82 & 83, a polymer frame eaa witness, and even a monster double stack 1911a1. I didn't feel over or under gunned with any of these choices, because I practice regularly (including draws from concealment and dry fire practice).

I enjoy seeing someone else who's knowledgeable be encouraging of others no matter how cheap or odd they find someone's choice of carry gun.

Right now I have a grand power full size and a compact and the wife a pink polymer framed witness. They work well for us, and were all very affordable.

Next year though we may actually switch to home brew 7.92 VBR and home brew 7mm Penna depending upon the results of my experimenting with said rounds. (Including rolling my own fmj and other rounds to feed them)

In theory this could give us lighter guns with higher capacity in smaller guns. Additionally it should give us much higher muzzle velocities. I'm curious about how the experiments will shake out and that's most of why I'm doing it.

Plus if I can get my diy gsh-18 clone to work, we could conceivably wind up with pretty phenomenal magazine capacity in a very light very cheap to build pistol.

Edit to add: when I say very cheap to build... If all goes well I'll be able to build one and buy two magazines for $200-$250... So like 2.5 for the cost of one gen 4 glock hehe. I'll also be able to load rounds stupid hot just for experimental purposes... Yeeesss just for experiments.
edit on 4-8-2016 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: chefc14

You did right by choosing M & P.

SD series pistols are ok. They go boom every time but we are still talking about a Glock copy.

I can live with a copy, I'm aware of the law suit. I'm sure I'll end up with a 17 someday, I love the way it sits in my hand. The only little problem is my fingers don't fit in the grooves but that isn't a real problem at all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join