It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Told Ted Cruz That Delegates Pick the VP at a Contested Convention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
A bit of a technicality, but it seems that a contested convention (GOP) would have a more "formal" Vice-President selection.

According to the story, a "regular" conventions allows for a voice approval of a VP selected by the Presidential Nominee.

But a contested system works different.

Apparently delegates are all "unbound" for a VP.

Although I presume the delegates would simply approve a Nominee's VP selection, but perhaps not if the entire convention is in chaos to begin with.

Funny just the same because Cruz has already selected his VP "choice" even though he can't get the normal amount of delegates the regular way.

Oops! No One Told Ted Cruz That Delegates Pick the VP at a Contested Convention (Video)

Ted Cruz made headlines this week by announcing his pick for VP—after losing five contests to Trump. But it gets worse. Cruz has been “mathematically eliminated from winning the GOP nomination [outright, and he] acknowledged [last] Wednesday that a contested convention is his only path to the GOP nomination,” the Hill reported. However, the Cruz campaign didn’t seem to read the fine print, which makes the Republican candidate’s announcement even more of a fail.

... “All 2,472 delegates are unbound when it comes to nominating a VP—meaning they can vote for whomever they want—and it’s not tied to the presidential pick, so even if Cruz and Fiorina want to run together, one of them could end up on the ticket, leaving the other one behind.”

Well, now we almost want Cruz to get the nomination just so we can see this in action. Almost.

Squirrels or Hamsters ?

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Apparently no one told Cruz how to be real boy, either.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Apparently no one told Cruz how to be real boy, either.

Geppetto is "0" for 2.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Is it wrong that I derive joy from this misfortune of politicians?

Rhetorical question.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

OMG that is priceless! What a clown this guy is! Did you see his announcing of Carly? It's will make you cringe!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What misfortune would that be?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

"I just wanted you to let me in
And instead of using force
I guess I should've let you win"

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Definitely squirrel. Hamsters just aren't that diabolical.

What I find surprising is that Cruz was blindsided by this. He's usually one to be well versed in the fine print of things. The devil's in the details.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

The devil's in the details.

His is, after all, Lucifer in the flesh.

Damn this election has be entertaining. Too bad it's actually serious.

edit on 4/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Cruz picking a VP when he doesn't even have anything close to the delegate count, just shows how bold and pushy this guy is. It's exactly this kind of arrogance is why many in the Senate can't stand him.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Carly's lullaby on stage made me cringe much more. A match made in heaven...

Creepy as hades.

edit on 4/29/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The Convention always can chose anybody they want as the VP running mate and traditionally they did. Presidential nominees picking their own VP candidate is fairly new. However since that started happening the Convention has always gone with Presidential nominee. This is not unique to Cruz, nor choosing a nominee early. If Trump wins the primary and picks a VP the Convention can chose somebody else. As I have said though that has never happened. So in truth Cruz choosing early effects nothing.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Cruz picking a VP when he doesn't even have anything close to the delegate count, just shows how bold and pushy this guy is. It's exactly this kind of arrogance is why many in the Senate can't stand him.

He learned it from Reagan who did the same thing against Ford. Although in that case it backfired.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
To be kind ...there is something not right with Cruz. I say at least a borderline psychopath, if that is possible.

I'm outta here. Not sure why i posted.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I dont have a dog in this race, but I have to say, Cruz is creepy. It seems he is grasping at straws now.

Who is Cruz in your opinion as far as the wizard of oz? the lion without courage? the Tin man? the straw maqn about to be burned?

I think Hillary is the wicked witch that gets the bucket of water pitched on her. and trump is probably Oz.
As for Sanders.... He is probably the ruby slippers theres no place like home. theres no place like home

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

He's the lion of course.

Ted... In his Lyin' suit...

I couldn't resist. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: visitedbythem

He's the lion of course.

Ted... In his Lyin' suit...

I couldn't resist. Sorry.

When I saw your name I thought I was losing another thousand stars again........... LMAO

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
To be kind ...there is something not right with Cruz. I say at least a borderline psychopath, if that is possible.

I'm outta here. Not sure why i posted.

Because what you posted you felt as the truth ? You are not the only one that has that feeling.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
That is interesting and I had no idea.

But yeah, Carly won't be a help to Ted at all.

They do make a cute couple tho.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join