It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is government the true economic killer ..?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Wonder if I can get it in audiobook

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Wonder if I can get it in audiobook

I am not sure, but saw a listing for it on the Gutenberg Project website

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Growth?
Who needs it?
Whats the matter with status quo?
growth is for the corporate profit machines....
They cannot imagine living on a fixed income like they can imagine the people living on one...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would say government spending and investment (even global trading - even though it doesn't seem that way at a first glimps) definitely NO

Goverment lobbying definitely YES

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I cant agree with your conclusion. The things you mentioned are common to all western economies and they will also become part of the emerging economies as they grow and mature.

E,g retirement incomes, society security in hard economic times in western countries is necessary in order to for the population to be sustained and to maintain a reasonable prospect that workers will be able to fund their own retirement and health care insurance by the time they retire.

It all has to be paid for one way or another. Without these things we will see more of what we see in the US, more and more homeless. Question: is more and more homeless a good thing or a bad thing? Think in terms of social cohesion, personal security, economic growth etc.

The homeless are not part of the nations economy. As the number of homeless people goes up, the number of people participating in the economy is declining, how can this be good for the economy? Do not Americans see this?

How many people in the US, for example, are insulated from the negative effects of ever growing rates of homelessness? AS JFK once said, those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable.

How many people in the US can afford a private army to ensure their safety if the critical mass formed and they got angry? Sure the rich can but who else can? Can you? If your answer is no then whats the advantage to you of seeing ever growing numbers of homeless people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join