It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans' Being Served Cockroaches In The V.A.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am outraged to hear that the conditions at VA hospitals are so bad that cockroaches
are being found in veterans' food.We treat our nation's veterans' worse than animals
at a shelter.
www.conservativereview.com...

I worked several years in the food service industry and the VA says there isn't anyone who will clean
the kitchen.This is wrong on way too many levels.
edit on 28-4-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Chew em up, spit em out.
The gov't does not care about its 'dogs' when they are out of fight to give for their country.
Pathetic. I don't see why anyone in their right mind would join the military for patriotic purposes these days.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I am outraged to hear that the conditions at VA hospitals are so bad that cockroaches
are being found in veterans' food.We treat our nation's veterans' worse than animals
at a shelter.
www.conservativereview.com...

I worked several years in the food service industry and the VA says there isn't anyone who will clean
the kitchen.This is wrong on way too many levels.

It is wrong on many levels, but it is also wrong to say that cockroaches are being served, rather than being found in food,
However, it's good to point to bad conditions if that can make a difference. Peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Maybe I should try and see about working at a VA hospital kitchen.
Trust me when I say the vets there wouldn't be getting cockroaches.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The title said served for dinner.I wrote what I could remember because
I wasn't too happy about what I had read.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You would think the VA would have to follow strict health inspections just like restaurants are required to do. When government police themselves, they can always cut corners or ignore dangerous problems that can affect the public. We need an unbiased and outside oversight committee who will monitor and check all government programs and facilities.

This is just another example of how our government uses our service men and women like pawns, and than treat them like crap when they come home from serving their country.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Theres no money for veterans.

All of the cash has to go to "defense" (offense) contractors to perpetuate endless war profiteering and the Military Industrial Complex.

The new F-35 alone, fully endorsed by Sanders (among others) needs at-least a TRILLION tax dollars.

The F-35 Fighter Jet Is A Historic $1 Trillion Disaster.

When will my fellow Americans learn, youre not "serving your country". Youre serving a government/military which is run by civilians who are bought and paid for.

They dont give two s**** about you.

edit on 28-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I too worked many many years in the food service industry and cannot believe that any county health inspection official would overlook something as egregious as the amount of pest activity which would be required for them to appear in food that has been served.

FAIL!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

As a person with extensive knowledge of the food industry, I would highly recommend you never ever ever again eat chinese take-out if you are afraid of roaches in your food.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I was stationed at a Navy Base at Little Creek, VA, in the early 80's and no lie, going thru the chow hall line, we would pick what we would eat based upon what we didn't see cockroaches crawling in!

That is the truth!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My son is a disabled veteran and he refuses to go to any VA hospital
unless he has no choice. I wonder how we can fix this problem instead
of always seeming to sweep it under a rug?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's a shame that veterans put their lives on the line to protect all of us and this is how they are treated when they come back this is a crime what's being done about it this is horrible!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I too worked many many years in the food service industry and cannot believe that any county health inspection official would overlook something as egregious as the amount of pest activity which would be required for them to appear in food that has been served.

FAIL!

Insect remains are in almost all food that you didn't catch, clean, and cook yourself. Insect remains are almost always present in the food you would take the time to do as such with as well.

It's a little known, and almost a hush hush topic regarding the food industry because it grosses people out.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reprehensible, VETERANS got the raw deal while the Neocons and politicians get rich off of the spoils of war.

This is NOT OK

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I can definitely clean and cook my own food and I home can stuff too.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Even doing that, you will still eat insects that made it onto your food. Guaranteed.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

At least I don't see them and they are cooked.A water bath canner gets pretty hot
and a pressure canner gets even hotter.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

At least I don't see them and they are cooked.

Fair enough, like I said it's a grossed out thing.

edit on 28-4-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I was livid when I read this similar issue about UK soldiers getting moldy eggs and rotten food.
Rotten food for UK soldiers *PICs*

This is inexcusable. Soldiers arent respected anywhere apparently
edit on 4282016 by Butterfinger because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

the VA says there isn't anyone who will clean
the kitchen.

Tell them to get some illegal aliens, they don't serve in the military but they will clean the kitchen!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join