It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head Of The Army Gives Strange Speech - "Prepare For little green men and hybrid armies"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I wonder if he meant robots? When I was little I played with little green men, they were soldiers made from plastic.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I'm sure that the little green men is a reference to the Russian special forces that were in Crimea and the hybrid warfare a reference to a recent policy paper drafted by the Russian MOD.

There has been an obvious pivot towards Russia as an adversary in the past few years. The state department even named Russia as one of the top threats currently facing the US. Its obviously a result of the shift from an American dominated, post cold war, unipolar world to a more powerful Eurasian and Asian bloc that seeks a more balanced multipolar global order.

I highly doubt this man is speaking of aliens. He mentions the years following two world wars when the global balance of power, militarily and economically, were shifted and the complexities they presented. We are again entering such an era. It is odd that no mention was made of the early 90's.

Edit: well it looks like I've jumped the gun here as many others have already pointed out the same as above. Oh well. I need to start to read entire threads and not just replying to the OP.
edit on 1-5-2016 by s3cz0ne because: bc I lack the patience to read

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: MysterX

Hybrid refers to a type of conflict not cyborgs. For example cyber arrqcks are considered hybrid warfare. These are attacks made where retribution becomes difficult because the attacker hides themselves.

You guys should consider the very real possibility that ALL of the meanings of the terms used are in play....it is perfectly logical.

But maybe that is too hard to comprehend......................................

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: stosh64

sigh - basic context - a " hybrid army " is NOT an army of hybrids

Is that the same as the logic applied to the two towers ?

"they collapsed" they exploded into nothing.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
"Little Green Men" in military jargon USUALLY refers to enemy soldiers who have secretly infiltrated the local population for various reasons, like advance planning, influencing local politics, etc.

"Hybrid Army" usually refers to differing weapons/tactics. However, that have been rumors Ive heard the various nations (China, USSR during the Cold War, etc) have experimented with genetically engineered soldiers. I'm not sure what this involves, but one would think it would be to make a soldier faster, tougher, more resilient, etc. I suppose its possible to splice DNA into a human genome, say, from a jaguar, or a primate, but I can't see anyone taking that step.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: dragonridr

...to say 'hybrid armies' right before saying 'little green men' is just asking for alternative conclusions to be drawn.

I think that is the important thing about this story.

It was intentional ambiguity aimed not at the audience being spoken to, but toward the general public.
edit on 5/3/2016 by ConnectDots because: Wording

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join