It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Viendin.

Thank you for insulting me and everyone else on this thread, not quite the smartest move to make.

I dont know jack about the computer and console world-lol.

Everthing u said in your post, I ALREADY KNEW.-LOL.

I could tell you something, but I rather save my energy for people who want to learn, not waste their energy on pointless disses.

On the other hand, if u want to bring it to me, hit me up.

Ill make sure youll come away from the battle more enlightend.

Just ask my foes that I had on ats, we are all freinds now!

Oh as for the retard bit- speak for yourself troll!
:shk:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
.. I hate making these posts.. You know the ones, the "Sorry" ones that pop up every few months where you've really crossed the line?

don't even comment on my post if ur going to belittle me like that! It's not vaporware! omfg go away

YES! A new game system.

Hope it doesn't suck as much as PS2.

Microsoft rock! They dominate the market. The games they bring out are way better on x-box than that damn sony thing.....whats it called..... it's coming to me..... sony....playstation...... yeah thats right... is it any museams yet?

.. And, well, more than 5 others by Bengy.

I suppose I went too far. That's what Penny Arcade does to a man.

Spend 2-3 months hovering between Bungie, GameFAQs, PA, and ATS, and your personalities mix and match - resulting in swearing and blatant disregard for humanity on ATS, and a kind nudge on PA... So much wasted typing..

Still though, I have a right to be angry. Sardion, Longbow, yekway, iori, Big O, and Unkown, I'm sorry for calling you idiots when you weren't. Most of the crap I read and was attributing to 'the people in the thread' ended up being just Bengy.

P.S. - Why did they turn off sensors? I've been saying F*** for over 3 years on here and having it come out &#$@ or something, is this a new server deal?

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Viendin]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
yeah man u got to watch ur self....we forgive you
ok so everything settled right guys?!?!?!?

:w:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yeah, 's ok. I can understand what that guy's going through.

But the sensors have been here for a loooooooong time. Just read the terms & conditions, or whatever, and they talked about sensors before I registered (and before the new server).

[edit on 1/16/2005 by Unknown Destinations]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What do u mean by censors?!?!??!!??!?!
plz tell me!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
hey unknown..... i noticed u don't have a signature...
curse u

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ohhhh!

No fun, no fun at all:shk:!LOL.

Dont worry V, I accept your apology. Thought for a sec I had to do battle there.

Tch, these days I get so touchy, must be because Im getting older

Im on bungie too V, so like I said we could become friends, u never know.

Anyway as for every 1 one else on this thread,

hope to see u guys on other threads.

Got a prob u cant sort out, u2ume. (See Im in nice mode now, tch!):bnghd:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The phantom has generated as much skepticism as it has buzz. There is even a website covering its not so public problems.

www.whereisphantom.com...

Truth be told, this idea has been around since 2000, and this is currently the second incarnation of a "model" at the CES show. I just can't see how you can get the price down enough to make the first 100,000 copies without breaking the bank.

500 - conservative estimate of the unit cost

$50 million dollars spent before a single subscription is sold.

Unless a big backer comes up, this thing will never happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You know how to make a ton of money? Make a converter for a computer so it can attatch to the TV and also a broadband connecter so you can play games over the internet. Or maybe just sell an entire computer that comes with the converter. Yeah! That's a great way to get rich!

Oh wait, they already did something like that... called it "the phantom" or something.

No hard feelings Ben, but I'm thinking that it took hardly any brains at all to come up with the phantom. Can I still come to your b-day party?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
yes mike u still can come.... but i have something to say to all of u.... it doesn't cost 500!!!! OMFG it cost nothing if u commit to 2 years of their $29.99 monthly online service! Says on the site.... plz check out the site before critizing the system.... plz....... (excuse my spelling)

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I guess I should look at the facts before I criticize something.......nah.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I doesn't cost anything for YOU. For Infinium labs, it will cost between $250-500 to build it. So, conservatively, for Infinium labs to make back its manufacturing cost, you have to subscribe for 10 months @ $29.95, before they even clear a penny profit. And that's not counting infrastructure costs.

for example, the day x-box was released, Microsoft lost $50 million dollars. Why? Because there was a $250 difference between the selling cost, and the manufacturing cost. They sold units at a loss, in order to gain market share, with the hope of recouping the costs in game sales. I've actually heard that they WILL NOT MAKE MONEY on x-box at all, and will only begin to realize profit with x-box 2.

I'm not saying that the phantom isn't a cool and exciting idea. I'll I'm saying is that you need serious startup capital and long term commitment if you eventually want to make money on a business model such as this.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
and will only begin to realize profit with x-box 2.

most of the cost for xbox came from 'other' companies making the chips ect, for xbox 2 microsoft is apparntly going to produce their own, not sure of the details.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join