It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is big for gamers! There is a new system coming out!!!!! It's called the phantom, it is basically a lil box thats a lil smaller than x-box that hooks up to ur tv and ur broadband connection. You can buy games from the net, rent games from the net, and download demos! Microsoft has given phantom permission to use windows xp. Whats the controller like ur probally thinking? The controller is a big pad that rest on ur lap with a keyboard and a mouse and it is fully wireless! So yeah check out the site at www.phantom.net

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Umm Its called Phantom for a reason as in Vaporware
I believe Wired has an aricle about this right now or from the last couple of days.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
don't even comment on my post if ur going to belittle me like that! It's not vaporware! omfg go away

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bengy
don't even comment on my post if ur going to belittle me like that! It's not vaporware! omfg go away

I wasn't trying to belittle you here if you want the link here it is...

www.wired.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I agree that it's probably not going to see the light of day (well besides the past E3 show).

It's basically a new version of that horrible Phillips CD-I.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
dude sardion ur a tard! www.phantom.net its made by infinium labs MY GOD GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
No way dude, the CD-I ruled!

Actually, its interesting to read on how Phillips and Nintendo missed out on the whole Playstation thing. They were creating a joint CD drive attachment to the Super Nintendo/Famicom until Phillips split and decided to make their own. The end result?

Phillips CD-I tanked.

Nintendo stayed with cartridges and had mediocre sales of the N64.

Sony came out with the CD based Playstation on their own and ruled the gaming industry since.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
playstation sucks! x-box will rule all! and nintendo has better graphics(or graphics styles)!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
YES! A new game system.

Hope it doesn't suck as much as PS2.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
hey cookie it is tight look at the specs!
* AMD® Athlon™ XP 2500+ central processing unit (CPU)
* NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 Ultra graphics processing unit (GPU)
* NVIDIA nForce™2 Ultra 400 platform processor
* 256 MB RAM
* 40 GB local content cache
* Microsoft Windows XP® Embedded Operating System
* Dynamic, personalized user interfaces customizable for age, gender or technical expertise
* Lapboard, mouse and game pad included

* HDTV and Dolby® Digital 5.1 compatible
* Works with any consumer-standard broadband Internet Service Provider (ISP): DSL or faster

it will be pimped out

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
AMT Athlon 2500+?! My God that's fast!

Sounds more like a computer than a system to me, you know, with the hyper processer and that harddrive, and the broadband connection, and the operating system, plus the lapboard & mouse, and the monster graphics card.

What's the price on it? Like $800?

They should add a liquid cooling system as an option for overclocking gaming freaks. Actually I probably fit in that catagory. I can overclock anything! My calculator, Autostar, Gamecube (it's possible, just get a larger fan for it though), N64, etc.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It might become a best selling game system, but I'll stick to Sony and Nintendo.
I prefer them more.
The company and customer that game together stay together.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Microsoft will be the next kings of the console world. Full stop.

Why, becuase a certain person named Bill Gates is on the team.

Sony and the great Nin has had its days.

Gta, pro evo, all WERE exclusives,

Xbox got them.

Whats next, Devil may cry? FF series?

As for the Nin games, Zelda (great but maybe not), mario (he needs help), mp-who cares!.

As for the xbox- halo 3, gta san, pro evo 5, need I carry on.

Far cry, black, doom3, rainbow six 4 or summit, you get the point.

Nin and sony need to step their game up quick time!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Microsoft rock! They dominate the market. The games they bring out are way better on x-box than that damn sony thing.....whats it called..... it's coming to me..... sony....playstation...... yeah thats right... is it any museams yet?

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Die Trying]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
omfg.... this system will blow x-box out of the water! You don't even have to buy the system all u have to do is make a 2 year commitment to their monthly service( which is $29.00 which is alos required to play it
) anyways x-box ain't got anything on this sytem!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sorry to calm you down, but the Phantom will never see the light of the day. It is basically just the crippled PC in sexy outfit. You are forgetting that you need games for console to be sucessfull. The games on Phantom are the normal PC games, but Phantom will soon be obsolete while PC's are upgrading. The consoles like X-box or PS2 are also obsolete today (at least the hardware) but they have GAMES.
BTW the guy behind Phanom has defrauded a lot of money from his previous companies. The only one reason why the Phanom apeared before journalists, is that investors wanted to sue him, because the console was not ready and he pumped quite lot of money from them. So now he introduced a PC with no future and the company will soon go bankrupt.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Everyone in this thread needs to do a serious check on their emotions, and then regardless of their findings, shut the # up.

None of you, and I mean NONE of you know dick all about what you're talking about. If your main purpose of posting in a thread made by an idiot about a system that we can't really talk about yet is to scream "IM A GODDAMN FANBOY TOO" then you shouldn't be sharing your thoughts with the world, because we don't care.

No way dude, the CD-I ruled!

Actually, its interesting to read on how Phillips and Nintendo missed out on the whole Playstation thing. They were creating a joint CD drive attachment to the Super Nintendo/Famicom until Phillips split and decided to make their own. The end result?

Phillips CD-I tanked.

Nintendo stayed with cartridges and had mediocre sales of the N64.

Sony came out with the CD based Playstation on their own and ruled the gaming industry since.

Actually, Nintendo was looking to do a CD-expansion, and went to Sony for it. They worked together for a while and Sony put in millions - then Nintendo just dropped Sony through a loophole in the contract and went with Phillips. Sony was pissed. Phillips ditched Nintendo, and made the failed CD-I. What did Sony do? Take poor luck and use it as payback that pulled a profit. They made the PS out of their expansion for Nintendo. "PlayStation" is actually what Nintendo was calling it.

Nintendo's asswipe president, and tendency to throw its weight around needlessly were its downfall to its present state. They pissed off the FF folks, and lost the series, after they'd created a real competitor for themselves.

Now, onto more important business:

Bengy, you've got to learn some manners. When you post in a discussion forum and one person disagrees with you, it isn't time to start calling the 'OMFG POSER' soundoffs, it's time to think strategically about what you said, what they said, and how you make your attack back, to win the rights of speech. The Phantom isn't going to be any good. It's a computer. The head of the company has failed something like 6 times, driving companies RIGHT into the ground. The Phantom has had 2-3 launch dates, all of which were completely fake. Even once it gets finished, if it EVER gets finished, it isn't going to take down all 3 competitors, because very few people have broadband, and very few people want to buy a new computer for the same games they can get elsewhere, or on their current computer.

Like Steam, it's a good sounding idea, but it just doesn't work.

Gaming threads also don't work, because only retards like us post in them.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is a Below Top Secret post. Please put them in the proper places.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
hey Viendin ur an over opinionated jerk! Stop posting stupid stuff thats not relavent to this topic! So did u even get a warning for all the swearing u did on that previous post? Oh let me guess.... no.... y? huh let me think because u have the nerve to sit their an report me to the mods and say that i am being abusive ur the one being abusive!
i hope u get

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm on Bengy's side now, because Viendin was really abusive in that post. In the "Topic Review" while I typed this, I noticed that he said:

Everyone in this thread needs to do a serious check on their emotions, and then regardless of their findings, shut the f*** up.

...IM A GO***MN FANBOY TOO...

Nintendo's a**wipe president...

I say Viendin deserves a warning because of what he said.

But I'm not saying that Bengy is innocent, he was just as bad himself, just in an "AOL" way.

[edit on 1/15/2005 by diehard_democrat]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join