It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of State John Kerry and Wife Heinz Family Have Millions Invested In Offshore Tax Havens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Anyone who has millions of dollars and wants to prevent the U.S. from taxing their fortune surely have put their money in offshore accounts. It doesn't surprise me in the least. When you have that kind of money there's a lot more loopholes and investments you can use to avoid paying taxes.

What stinks is the majority of Americans are stuck paying more than our fair share in taxes.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Well if my questions offend you all so much. By all means don't answer them.

Do continue your one sided discussion.

The problem is this discussion is about Kerry and you keep trying to talk about other politicians. Yes, other politicians are scumbags too, but we aren't talking about them here.

You are deflecting to defend a particular scumbag and you are being called on it...don't feign righteous indignation. You know exactly what you did.
edit on 2016/4/26 by Metallicus because: Readability Update

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I agree.

And I don't even like the term 'fair share'. It pre-supposes that income taxes are a good thing in moderation. They aren't.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Nope your incorrect but thanks for speaking for me.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Lol! At fair share. Ever heard of reverse loopholes??

Instead of Hiring Three People, I Sent the IRS $170,000. Government, FTW

At the end of 2015, we placed a major purchase order for inventory of our products. If you sell physical products in your business, the government does not allow you to write it off until it is sold, because it considers that purchase to be an asset, rather than an expense.

As a result, we drained the bank account to pay off the inventory, and then were hit with a larger than expected tax bill. In other words, the business was fully invested in inventory and people, and then we had to pay tax on money that was not yet earned.

This “reverse loophole” hurts a lot of businesses. Some are faced with the decision to either keep their business funded or pay their taxes on time. Doing both is often impossible. In our case, it meant that I owed the government an additional $170,000 on my already large tax bill, and it came funded out of my personal account.

The question that comes most immediately to mind is one of opportunity cost: What could a business person do with an additional $170,000? Ideally, I would like to hire more people and grow my business. That amount of money could allow me to hire three people at $55,000 per year (not including their payroll tax, of course). However, instead of going to the salaries of three qualified people who could help my business advance and start to build a future for themselves, it is going to the government. Where it goes from there is, of course, up for debate. It’s unlikely, though, that three people will get employment because of that contribution to federal coffers. Instead, it will be used to fight needless wars, fund more bureaucracy, and feed bloated entitlement programs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join