It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who whinge about their job

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Just be thankful, your fit enough to work. Some people aren't so lucky.

If you have your health, be thankful.

This ^

No matter the job I've worked I was always grateful I had a) an actual job to go to and b) was fit enough to do it. Did I like all of the jobs? No but I wasn't gonna make it worse for my coworkers by bitching about it to them..
edit on 222016222016bam24 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

edit on 432016432016bam24 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

You probably shouldn't be manager if you cannot deal with people complaining. People complain as a way to cope - it's a coping mechanism. Even in jobs that people like, people are going to complain as a way to deal with any frustrations that might arise.

In all likelihood, you're a person (probably a guy) who thinks people complain only when they want something physically done, and so it stresses you out because you can't fix it for them. (No worries, most guys don't understand this.) But really, especially in the more emotionally vocal people, a person will complain, not because they want you to fix that external thing that is giving them grief, but because they want your sympathy, so as to fix the grief that is inside them. (Often they want a sympathetic ear, and nothing more.)

IMO, I think you should learn to listen just to sympathize with others, as without doing so, you will stay closed off and miss out on a lot of the joys of bonding with others. I mean, do you really only want work to be about grunts getting the job done like machine men? Come on now.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Life's a bit#h and then you die.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Huge difference between a couple of coworkers griping over some new office policy and a toxic work environment.
The OP is describing the latter.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

This I agree with. Both my mother and my husband have been the victims at times of toxic work environments, and that crap followed them home. Not only were they working in a bad place, but they then brought the bad place home with them and proceeded to create that bad feeling in the home.

And a toxic work environment can destroy your health so that you actually don't have the health you need to work.
edit on 24-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Got promoted a week and a half ago, said person has been bitching and moaning that I got the promotion instead of her. Same person is constantly late and hungover and complains about the basic work load of her job, same work load 7 of us mainly women have to do. Sorry I don't have the time to hug her and tell her she's special, there is a difference between people having valid complaints and people who poison the work environment for others. Thinking they're entitled to a promotion even though they haven't shown a good work ethic to earn one.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't I know it!
Multiple ulcers, migraines, insomnia, ophthalmic herpes zoster ( lost the retina), all due to the second long term toxic job.
It took me 4 years to pull myself out of the residual stuff.

About the only good part is backstabbing was a bloodsport at that place and I can say I've learned from the finest!
I can see it coming in all it's forms a mile away.

The running gag at work was you could quit, resign or get carried out on a gurney. Pick one.
6 people I worked with were gurneyed out.
3 died

None of this is an exaggeration, or a ploy for sympathy or to take away from the OP. I can't believe I survived.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
you Don't Have to go to work... You GET to go to work.

If your J.O.B. sux that bad I agree... move on to something new.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My bitching and moaning last week resulted in everyone working 4 hours on Friday and getting paid for 8.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't mind being around complaining much if the people complaining are still actually working. It's when they bitch and moan while standing and doing nothing that bugs me or like in the OP people who just complain in general about having to be at their job or about other people in the workplace.

At the shop I work at, there's a guy who complains a lot about having to work overtime while the other guy that does his job doesn't. The second guy has a wife and two kids he supports as well as both his parents. He's the only one in his family who works or drives. He works as fast as he can to get his work done on time so he can go look after his family.

The complaining guy works slower because he's angry the other guy, does a #tier job, will stand around doing nothing instead of working with the other guy, and ends up staying overtime to finish his work. Complaining guy is in his 30's, lives at home with his parents and has no responsibilities.

It bugs me a lot when I hear that guy complain. It bugs me a lot less when the guy with way too many responsibilities complains. I figure he's got a bit of a reason to.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobadI like my job. But it doesn't pay enough, I am a surgical Instrument tech. Last year I could put $50 a month in savings. then Obamacare kicked in and now I am luck to have $7.30 left over after paying my bills and rent.

$10.59 is just not enough and if I quit I might not be able to get another job anywhere.

I have put adds out but most of those jobs I can do are taken by the cheap labor illegals that were imported to our state.

I think all people can do is complain.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join