It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Flash Normal for Yellowstone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Its a bright moon, the film is time lapsed, and there are cloud moving around intermittently blocking and allowing the moonlight to pass through. It doesn't seem so far out of the ordinary compared to the rest of the film and geysers and the changing light, to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

After going back and looking at it frame by frame, I think you're right. Watch on the very edge of the video, directly to the left of the flash at around 4:09. It looks like a car's lights going around a curve in the road, right after illuminating the steam cloud.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is something I need to witness with my own eyes.I'm staying really near to Old Faithful so will do at least one night time visit as well while I'm there.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My older sister lives in Dakota. My dad told me today that my sister is worried about Yellowstone activity, because of their proximity. I told Pops about this discussion and the video. A bit about him first. He is a genius man of science, with many titles, A Stanford man pushing 90. A Chemist, Microbiologist, Paracitologist, and was Director of research for a fortune 500 company. He has been summoned to the Whitehouse in the 70s for meetings. He aquired one of the first three chips produced by Intel and built one of the first PCs around it in the 70s. He also has a medical background, as well as a millitary in the WW2 era.
When I described what I saw in the video, he stated that that is an electrical discharge

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
When I described what I saw in the video, he stated that that is an electrical discharge

Did he go any deeper into this,i.e. how an electrical discharge occurs in a jet of steam?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx He didnt clarify. I do recall seeing lightning over erupting volcanos before.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
He said static charge. He saw the video, and I asked him tonight

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Imagewerx He didnt clarify. I do recall seeing lightning over erupting volcanos before.

That's something different that the clever guys can't seem to agree on.Different types of ash particles can carry opposing charges until they have enough potential difference to cause electrical discharges......

geology.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

He said static charge. He saw the video, and I asked him tonight

Apparantly moving magma can cause electrostatic discharge................

www.google.co.uk... M56zMAhUKM8AKHdecB_MQ_AUIBigA&dpr=1#hl=en&q=electrostatic+discharge+magma+movement
edit on 26-4-2016 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The sun you can see it move across the ground.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
The sun you can see it move across the ground.

In the middle of the night?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Curious about the electric charge. That was kind of my gut instinct about it, but this really isn't my specialty that's why I posted it.
Yeah, the sun I'm pretty sure can be ruled out. Says in the description it was filmed at night. Some post actually have more to the story than just pictures...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join