It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Flash Normal for Yellowstone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It is rare that I post in this forum, but I stumbled across this today on you tube while looking for something else. Thought I would bring it here more for the folks that have a better understanding of these things and what it may mean, if anything. At least I will learn something one way or the other.

First what the person who posted the video had to say:

CHECK OUT THE BIG FLASH AT 4:05 IN THE GEYSER ON LEFT OF SCREEN!This was insane! There are places steaming I have never seen steam before....and also note that the bright ground is back. There are no shadows, so it is not from above! As you know the cameras were froze up last night, so we could not see what was going ....or so we thought LOL...I found a way. Somehow (don't ask me how), the Geyser Observation Study site was able to capture the ENTIRE night with NO freeze ups and cutting in and out....how is THAT? Anyway, I got it and slowed it down so you can see better. Old Faithful had weird seismos last night, and was going off constantly. People mention the time lapse...yes it is because it is from GOSA and they do 12 hour time lapse recordings. If I put real time it would be too long in order to show everything I want to show.

The flash they were referring to actually occurs at the 4:07 mark. It took me quite awhile to actually get a screenshot of it because it goes so fast. I just wanted to post it here so you could actually look at it a bit to see what is being referenced too, and also in case you didn't want to watch the whole 4:46 of the video. It is some nice footage though, and as I said, the flash was very quick.

While the video it titled, "YELLOWSTONE INCREDIBLE FOOTAGE LAST NIGHT," it was actually taken on April 15, 2016.
As I am more interested in the "flash" and what it is or may suggest of other things going on, or if it is normal, I have changed the title so that perhaps more may take a look.

Here is the video:

and LINK TO VIDEO

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Not sure if there is any traffic close by, but could be car headlights sweeping by, it is only part of the steam cloud lighting up.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
im surprised the words 'mysterious ' or 'strange' isnt used, then the speculative mental deductions about ufos or end of times or massive quake or time of 'awakening ' hanst ensued.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I don't think so about the headlights. The flash was really like a half a second or less. Seems there would be some sort of prior reflection seen in the steam before headlights would flash That quick.

a reply to odzeandennz - I didn't really feel the need for words like that. I'm sure this is can be easily explained, a gas or such, but with a lot of the recent concerns with Yellowstone lately, I thought some of our seismic leaning members may find this interesting, or alarming. I have no idea, that's why I posted it. To learn the mystery of the strange flash

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You can see the shadows of the clouds so, this is a day time shot and it can't be headlights. It may be gases igniting, but I don't know what the ignition source would be, unless it was just a "belch" of flame. Which presents a whole new set of problems.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

It's a Time lapse, the speed is up, so at normal speed it would seem realistic.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I don't think it's daytime, you can see the stars in the sky, probably full moon with a light sensitive camera.

The video also says "last night".
edit on 21-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

My guess?

A momentary and very small break in the clouds, during a period where the rest of the shot is so dark for so long, that the time lapse and the contrasting lighting, creates a flash effect which in real time would have seemed pretty but much less confusing and mysterious.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I watched this video the other day and it is interesting. I also
heard that this might be nothing to get concerned about.I
heard that a lake in the area is still frozen.If there was a real
danger of this volcano blowing,I think the lake wouldn't be frozen
over.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Could it possibly be a flash from a camera? I can't judge if one would carry that distance or not.

Never mind, I now see you are talking about the rolling light that goes across. I was looking at the flash that came up from the bottom just before the rolling light.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Guess you didnt catch that mysterious UFO around 3:28-3:30 into the video? dont you find it a little bit strange that a bright light flashes just moments later? It looked just like some sort of beam coming from the ufo, properly to set off a massive quake that will wake us all up, just in time for the end times!!

Sorry OP, thats the best explanation i can come up with, but thanks for sharing the video

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

it may be possible, but i doubt it.
here is a birds eye view and you can see the parking and the road.
there's one road and a parking lot that might allow head lights to shine out there on the left.
but the rest is all asphalt or concrete foot paths.

Old Faithful

edit on 21-4-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I agree with Truebrit. Watch the shadows rush away and all of the plumes light up. It's just more obvious with everything else being darker.

Cool video though.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

you know some infrared cameras show heat as white, i wonder if that's what is going on?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU
a reply to: odzeandennz

Guess you didnt catch that mysterious UFO around 3:28-3:30 into the video? dont you find it a little bit strange that a bright light flashes just moments later? It looked just like some sort of beam coming from the ufo, properly to set off a massive quake that will wake us all up, just in time for the end times!!

Sorry OP, thats the best explanation i can come up with, but thanks for sharing the video

i think im a bit old school, or as the old timers call it, 'logical'.

i cant even begin to imagine the things people in the 14th or 15th century used to see and considered 'mysterious' and 'strange' but now we have a good grasp of what those things are/were. i guess i would be on the same side in the 14th century as well, the side of logic. and my comments would seem as pejorative as then as well.

but trust me, what you are seeing or assuming you're seeing or convinced you're seeing has a logical explaination to someone who had a different vintage point at that moment at yellow stone.
yea i know im an ahole for talking like this.... call me 'old school' then.
i wonder what the greatest minds in our era or yesteryear would say if they saw the same thing. ...
edit on 21-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's nothing more than the light breaking through the clouds and hitting the vapour for a single frame of a time-lapse recording. The contrast with the darker areas and the speed of the frame change merely makes it look like a "flash", there is no flash there.

What are the alternatives?
Of course the suggestion is that this is some volcanic event captured on video, when that's clearly not plausible or even possible.

If this were "erupting" it would not be a momentary flash, it would be an eruption. You would also not be seeing water vapour there, you would be seeing lava or nothing. You don't get water vapour and lava at the same point unless that lava is meeting the ocean. That water running into the vent would be vaporised in seconds if it were meeting magma.

Here's how the vents work... water flows into the earth, it meets incredibly hot rock and becomes steam, rises to the vent and leaves the surface as visible water vapour (commonly referred to as steam even though steam is actually not visible to the naked eye, only the distortion of light is). It then cools quickly and falls back to the Earth, flows back into the ground and repeats this cycle.

That water is not meeting lava (or magma). If it did it would be causing explosions as the water vaporises instantly and creates pockets of high pressure.

We'll know of there is an eruption there because it will register, there will be explosions, rumbles, likely magma rising to the surface etc.

None of that is currently happening at Yellowstone.

And no, if lava were coming up through those vents it would not look like a volcano, it would shut off the vent and ooze out across the ground creating a mass of steam as it meets the surface water. If it had the pressure to actually erupt vertically through that vent the whole landscape visible on that frame would be gone in a second.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

My guess?

A momentary and very small break in the clouds, during a period where the rest of the shot is so dark for so long, that the time lapse and the contrasting lighting, creates a flash effect which in real time would have seemed pretty but much less confusing and mysterious.

That's the ticket !
An almost full Moon, puts out a ton of light .
Contrast this with zero light pollution and I believe
the steam was illuminated by shards
of bright moonlight cutting through the cloud breaks.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

You can see the shadows of the clouds so, this is a day time shot and it can't be headlights. It may be gases igniting, but I don't know what the ignition source would be, unless it was just a "belch" of flame. Which presents a whole new set of problems.

You can't know that, I watched that Cam in a night time situation and it was exactly the same, anyway you can see the stars. That Cam doesn't appear to have IR use either, though I'm still out on that, but I do know that there are times that the picture is dark at night time. The funny thing I observed, was that the camera picture was in motion most of the time, up and down.

Here's a picture as of now, around Seven local time, and daylight and the picture is steady.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm there in about 6 weeks so will keep my eyes open for any unusual lights.I was about to say the flash was less than half a second in duration,so couldn't be moonlight through a break in the clouds.Then the blond moment passed and I realised that it was speeded up about 50 times from the timer on the right,so in real time was still only about 7 or 8 seconds.

They can give off flammable gases such as hydrogen and methane but what can make it spontaneously ignite like that for such a short time?

It's not the first time it's happened,even Old Faithful has a flash when it wants to.The small one on the left is definitely car headlights,not sure about the big fella though.

edit on 21-4-2016 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2016 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx
I'm there in about 6 weeks so will keep my eyes open for any unusual lights.I was about to say the flash was less than half a second in duration,so couldn't be moonlight through a break in the clouds.Then the blond moment passed and I realised that it was speeded up about 50 times from the timer on the right,so in real time was still only about 7 or 8 seconds.

They can give off flammable gases such as hydrogen and methane but what can make it spontaneously ignite like that for such a short time?

To hard to call, if there is any connection, it might be 'Old Faithful' which erupted shortly after, on the other could just be a vehicle's lights bouncing, or perhaps even a timed camera exposure. I don't see an ignition even, the cloud isn't phased, just picking up light from a source from above or below.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join