It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrant Kids Placed with Adults Who Are In US Illegally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
AP

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The vast majority of immigrant children who arrive alone at the U.S. border are placed by the government with adults who are in the country illegally, federal data reviewed by The Associated Press show.

The government has long said that it places the children with family and friends regardless of immigration status. But since more children began arriving on the border in 2014, officials have not revealed how often those sponsors lack legal papers.

In response to a Freedom of Information Act request, the Department of Health and Human Services provided data showing that 80 percent of the 71,000 mostly Central American children placed between February 2014 and September 2015 were sent to sponsors who were not here legally.

According to this article, 80% of the illegal minors breaching our southern border are being sent to live with illegal alien adults. I was aware that most were being sent to live with family members. The government told us they had family members to stay with. I think a lot of US citizens were under the impression these family members were lawfully residing here. I just can't stand behind this in any way. This illegal immigration needs to be stopped ASAP.

In case you are unfamiliar with this issue, in 2014 the invasion of the US by illegal children exploded. They were arriving unaccompanied by adults in the thousands, right to Texas' doorstep.

Tens of thousands of children from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras began arriving on the border in Texas in 2014, overwhelming border officials, overflowing government shelters and further backlogging the country's immigration courts.

I would like to point out they neglect to mention Mexico. During that time, Mexican citizens have been flooding into the US at the same rate.
This issue needs resolved. Deportations need to start now. I live in California, so I know first hand how much worse these illegal immigrants make life for the legal citizen. If you get the chance to sit in traffic on your commute to and from work, you can thank an illegal.

Almost Half Of California Driver’s Licenses Went To Illegal Immigrants In 2015

In total, California issued 605,000 driver’s licenses to illegals a year after the program started Jan 2, 2015, which is far more than the anticipated number, the Orange County Register reports. The program is expected to cost the state $141 million over a period of three years

Over 600,000 driver's licenses to illegals in CA last year. That is a lot of extra drivers on the road who shouldn't be. I believe it to be well over a million on our roads, because I do not believe even half get one. Plus they are clogging up our DMV offices and screwing our elderly in the process.

Longer wait times particularly impacted the senior population, as those over 70 must appear in person to renew their licenses. These seniors have had to wait in lines for hours and hours.

I do not want to hear how minors are illegally sneaking across the US border, and the government is helping reunite them with people who should not be here in the first place. It is absolute lawlessness.

In honor of the seventh President of the US, Andrew Jackson, who will sadly be removed from the $20 dollar bill, I propose Trail of Tears 2.0
I suggest we start with the "documented" illegal families. I'm sure the Minutemen would be willing to lead these families back through the deserts of California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas to the border they sneaked across. The Minutemen could be on horseback with pack horses carrying plenty of water so it would be humane. I do not want these people to suffer, there could be rest periods and I'm sure they will have a nicer travel than they did being led through Mexico by coyotes. When the children get tired, the adults can carry them. If they are unable, I would seriously question the premise that they come here to do the physically demanding jobs Americans won't.

I would like to note, I am not racist nor do I have ill will towards immigrants. I am pro rule of law, and have the utmost respect for people immigrating to the US legally. Especially in this day and age, when the easy route is to hop the border and steal someone's identity. Welcoming this influx of illegal immigrants, adult or minor, is a finger in the eye of anyone who has or is doing it the right way.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

I live in California, so I know first hand how much worse these illegal immigrants make life for the legal citizen. If you get the chance to sit in traffic on your commute to and from work, you can thank an illegal.

Illegal aliens are responsible for traffic therefore, genocidal death marches?

I propose Trail of Tears 2.0

Yeah there's not something horribly wrong with right-wing American politics at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trail of Tears 2.0 should be more humane. I would hope for zero deaths, we should at least have a lower mortality rate than the trail through Mexico led by coyotes. Therefore it is obviously not genocidal.

Also, I do not represent right-wing America at all. I doubt I would have much support for the plan from them anyways.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Welcome to the new normal.

Honestly, we need to stop calling these people "illegal" immigrants. Its obvious the elites believe that anyone who wants to come into this country because of economic hardship has a right to do so. So while they may be de facto "illegal" as the laws are currently written, they are de jure, not illegal.....just undocumented.

Clinton will doubtless do a big amnesty and probably open the borders even more. Get over it.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Illegal border crossing is a crime, so yes illegal immigrants.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

It may be a crime, but since they don't enforce the law they are in effect negating its intent. And there's a principle at law to the effect that a law that isn't, over a fairly lengthy period of time, enforced, that law is rendered null and void and arguably moot. In a court, where a State has NOT prosecuted 10 million people over a twenty year period for being in the country in violation of the law, and you then try to enforce it against one person, the judge is going to throw out the case on the grounds of prejudicial selective enforcement.

For all intents and purposes, the US Government has ceded sovereignty over command and control of the borders.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I would like to note that the Trail of Tears was a horrendous and shameful event. I would like to apologize to Native Americans. I am sorry, I did not mean to conflate the two issues. Something must be done though. How can we allow this to keep happening? I am first and foremost for humane deportations by our official government. When that fails, what are American citizens to think?

Illegal children are being reunited with illegal adults in this country. What the hell are we to think of that? Should we just give up on the ideas of borders and national sovereignty? Should all citizens of the world have the right to immigrate to the US at anytime they please, however they please? I say no. There are processes that must be followed. No cutting in line. No camping out in-house so to speak.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You are correct that this is what the elites want. They do not want borders. They want regions. The North American Union will be one region among many. Canada, US, Mexico, all one big region with no borders between them. I say hell no!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You have no ill will but you just want to send them on a Trail of Tears 2.0...
I live less than 100 miles from the border and I do not share the sentiment that illegals make my life any harder. Traffic is usually some old person sitting in the left lane doing 60 refusing to get in the right lane. We do need to do something, I just wonder why reform is never the answer...

Eta: do they get a trial before we sentence them to this humane cross country march?
edit on stThu, 21 Apr 2016 12:01:28 -0500America/Chicago420162880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on stThu, 21 Apr 2016 12:06:46 -0500America/Chicago420164680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Some of my best friends and even family members are immigrants that came here the legal way, to allow those who violate the law the rights and privileges of those who did it right is an insult to actual immigrants. A criminal is a criminal, I have 0 sympathy for them.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You and I can say hell no, but it won't affect anything. The Elites rule because they have the money. Of course, it does beg the question, just why the hell are any of us continuing to pay taxes to a government that has surrendered sovereignty over its borders. Its a mockery of "citizenship".

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah, it would be called a deportation hearing. To bad the Border Patrol doesn't hand out Notice To Appears anymore, because the illegals just don't show up.
Border agent: 'We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether'

Testifying on the two-year border surge of immigrant youths, Judd said the policy shift was prompted by Obama administration "embarrassment" that just over half of illegals ordered to appear in court actually do.

"The willful failure to show up for court appearances by persons that were arrested and released by the Border Patrol has become an extreme embarrassment for the Department of Homeland Security. It has been so embarrassing that DHS and the U.S. attorney's office has come up with a new policy," he testified before the immigration subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee.

The biggest change: Undocumented immigrants are no longer given a "notice to appear" order, because they simply ignore them. Judd said that border agents jokingly refer to the NTAs as "notices to disappear."

join