It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irony comes a knocking - Breivik’s human rights violated in prison

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I did a thread way back when this lunatic was put in jail. I laughed at the prison sentence. If it were up top me...this guy would have been a goner. But nooooo...the "civilized society" decided that it's the best thing to do...to accommodate.

As far as I'm concerned...once you take a life...intentionally...ruthlessly...you have relinquished all rights as a human being. You would have no rights.

SO here it is...you might have heard...he sued Norway for inhumane conditions...and he won !!!!! Yaaaaaay !!!! You see...the justice system is working /end sarc

Breivik, who killed 77 people in July 2011 in the country’s worst acts of violence since the second world war, took the Norwegian authorities to court last month, alleging that the solitary confinement in which he had been held for nearly five years breached the European convention on human rights.

The prohibition of inhuman and degrading treatment “represents a fundamental value in a democratic society”, she said in a written decision. “This applies no matter what – also in the treatment of terrorists and killers.” The judge ordered the government to pay Breivik’s legal costs of 331,000 kroner (£35,000).

L O fuc**** L.

Brevik had argued during a four-day hearing at the Skien prison 80 miles (130km) from Oslo, where he is serving his sentence, that solitary confinement, as well as frequent strip searches and the fact that he was often handcuffed while moving between cells, violated his human rights.

oh...oh...he was handcuffed while moving between cells. Oh the humanity !!!! Thou are so cruel.

Breivik, who made a Nazi salute on the opening day of the proceedings but later said he had renounced violence and compared himself to Nelson Mandela, also said isolation was having a negative impact on his health, and complained about the quality of the prison food – including microwaved meals that he described as “worse than water-boarding” – and having to eat with plastic cutlery.

So...a recap...Mandela, bad microwaved food (because he deserves a home cooked meal) and the worst of the worst...plastic cutlery. I mean really...how inhumane can we get.

And all he did was...kill...what...80 people... ?

And for the closure:

Judges heard that Breivik had one cell for living, another for studying and a third for physical exercise, and that although his visits and contacts with the outside world were strictly controlled, he had been provided with exercise equipment, a DVD player, games console, typewriter and books and newspapers.

the guy is living...

Cant read anymore of this crap.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I have a buddy in prison I was best friends with in highschool. He is serving 10 years for burg. I was blown away to find out he has a tv. We write each other often so he tells me all about it. But holy hell....exercise equipment, a DVD player, games console isnt this prison??? Where is the punishment? All the guy is missing is female company and he is set. c'est la vie

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

As distasteful as it may feel, there's an argument that says if Norway should change it's laws and become less civilised in order to make Brevvik's prison time harder, then their society would have lost in some respect.

I can understand that, I really can. Even though personally, I am of the eye for an eye school of justice.

The one judgement was that he should not be held in solitary confinement.
The government wanted him separated to stop him spreading his ideology. On the surface, a reasonable argument. Except, there is not one single incident of them applying this idea to any hate preaching, Islamic jihadi, and therefore, a case of one law for him, another for someone else, which is plainly wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Prison ought to be about rehabilitation, and if you are deemed non rehabilitative- such as heinous sex crimes and murder, then you ought to be shot and not waste our money..

I'm for lesser penalties for non heinous crimes and rehabilitation, and harsher penalties for heinous crimes that are non rehabilitative.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
He would've been shanked to death by now, if only in America.

Somehow, someway... Even in solitary.

Not pro prison state or generally death penalty, but dear lord this "man" should be no more

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

then their society would have lost in some respect.

They would gain mine...

There is nothing democratic about pampering this guy. Democracy is for the people...not for animals. And he is an animal...my apologies the the wild kingdom.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I dont see the upside of keeping him alive. It just makes a mockery of a system.

Well...it's Norway's funeral.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ilovemygreatdanes
He would've been shanked to death by now, if only in America.

Somehow, someway... Even in solitary.

Not pro prison state or generally death penalty, but dear lord this "man" should be no more

it's interesting...this...

The prohibition of inhuman and degrading treatment “represents a fundamental value in a democratic society”

...and all the while...the front runner in all things democratic...has Gitmo...and says...to hell with democratic society.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Dude, the guy murdered 77 people. This has nothing to do with Gitmo.

At all.

And I never said America was democratic, that's a sad joke and we all know it. What is your point?

Eta: I was making an off the cuff remark
edit on 21-4-2016 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ilovemygreatdanes

my point was...being Democratic about these things is more of a fashion statement to the public then it is practiced world wide.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Fyodor Dostoyevsky said: "The degree of civilization in a society is revealed by entering its prisons." Putting people's lives in the hands of the State puts a burden on the State that is supposed to remove vengeance from the Judicial system. The theory basically says that a society that works for most, must compensate for the few that it doesn't...if you're into that line of thinking.

I personally am against the death penalty, but not because it is "Cruel and Unusual", quite the opposite. I think that is the easy way out. No matter how well gilded the cage, it's still a cage. I would rather die than spend my life in prison...any prison.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

This fascist scum should have been defenestrated, repeatedly, and then brained to death with a tungsten funeral urn containing the mixed ashes of his victims.

But an XBox one, and all the time in the gym that he can handle will have to do...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Ilovemygreatdanes

How many people did the "Spears of the Nation" (MK) murder? oops, facts.

Kill the guy or let him interact with his fellow man. Prolonged solitary is torture and I thought we were all against that here.

Maybe not.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK I agree with Norways decision . Thats the point of having standards and sticking to them no matter how heinous the crime. It's what separates them from the uncivilised nations in places like the Middle East where they practice torture and kill the likes of breivik.you don't change your wholepenal system based on the nature of the crime.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
He doesnt live in a prison, he lives in a hotel suite!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
You'd think the guy would appreciate the fact that he's in solitary confinement for his own protection.

I say give the guy what he wishes for...

Put him in with the general population and let him get a taste of what it means to be the guy who slaughtered 77 people, most of which were kids.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Amazing that he still retains rights, i liked the way it was handled until this i do not think death is a fitting punishment for this fellow but at the very least his rights should be abolished and he should be thrown into general population for his dose of karma.....then again who knows what makes this guy tick, what one of may feel to be lame he may loath .......

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This fascist scum should have been defenestrated, repeatedly, and then brained to death with a tungsten funeral urn containing the mixed ashes of his victims.

But an XBox one, and all the time in the gym that he can handle will have to do...

that was rather colorful

There is more:

1. he was protesting because his PS2 games are old and for kids
2. protesting for having to eat with plastic cutlery
3. he had to drink cold coffee
4. was not allowed to use postal stamps
5. was not allowed to use cooking timer
6. was not allowed to use the oven for frying a frozen pizza
7. wasnt allowed internet connection

This just makes me want to assume the fetal position and suck on my thumb.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

I personally am against the death penalty, but not because it is "Cruel and Unusual", quite the opposite. I think that is the easy way out. No matter how well gilded the cage, it's still a cage. I would rather die than spend my life in prison...any prison.

It's an interesting angle...and you might have a point there....if we think about it reasonably. Sadly or luckily...I cant be reasonable with animals like this one...It just makes me wanna go postal on their ass.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

This just makes me want to assume the fetal position and suck on my thumb.

Bwahahaha !

That sentence made me spew my coffee. Priceless !

Do you mind if I steal it from you ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join