It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You get upset, but maybe Father is leading down a different path

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Many here get sidetracked deep with emotion when something does not quite turn out in the way that they envisioned. For example, John gets into an accident and now his car is out of commission and it requires the services of a mechanic to bring it back to drive-able status. While fixing said car, the mechanic notices an issue that requires immediate attention and goes ahead and fixes the problem. When John picks up the vehicle, the mechanic says that if this issue was not fixed, he would have been in a very bad accident that probably would have left John dead.

If John did not get into that smaller accident, we can deduce what would have transpired.

Let's see another example. A person was really banking on getting this particular job with this very large firm for a while. She sent out resumes, spoke to recruiters, even had a word put in for her by a person that worked there. After (2) interviews, they chose another candidate. She was understandably upset. But, she knew she had to work as bills do not stop, and she saw another ad with a smaller company and she sent over her resume. She ended up getting the job.

Had she took the first job, she wouldn't have seen (3) months down the road, that the position would have been eliminated due to downsizing. With the smaller company, she was given more responsibilities, stability, and higher pay. She would not have applied for this job, if she took the other one.

In our emotional state, we do not see what goes on behind the scenes for our own good. As it is written:
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Sometimes we just need to take the long view of circumstances and not just what we see what is directly in front of us.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jhill76

Excellent post and something I have always believed. We would not be who and what we are without the totality of ALL of our experiences...successes and 'failures'. We should look at each day as a gift and simply manage the situations we encounter with grace and a positive attitude.

That doesn't always work that way, but that is certainly an ideal which is worth working towards.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Your angry bronze age sky deity is not my father.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What about the guy who's mechanic didn't fix the part, and he was subsequently killed in a car accident?

What about the guy that did get the job at the big firm, only to lose it due to downsizing and become unemployed for 4 months, losing his home and getting a divorce from his wife? Which leads to his emotionally scared children battling a host of mental issues and substance abuse throughout their entire adult life?

It's nice when you only get credit for the good things that happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
What about the guy who's mechanic didn't fix the part, and he was subsequently killed in a car accident?

What about the guy that did get the job at the big firm, only to lose it due to downsizing and become unemployed for 4 months, losing his home and getting a divorce from his wife? Which leads to his emotionally scared children battling a host of mental issues and substance abuse throughout their entire adult life?

I actually like these types of questions.

I still accredit all those to Father as well. My examples are just introductory that can cause thinking back to a situation and applying thought to circumstances. For the first one, we all have to go. To separate the deep attachment that our spirits have to the body, the body must go through death. Does that mean Father didn't care? Nope. It could have been time, said person could have caused great anguish to others, etc. there are so many variables.

With the children after they grew up, could they not have provided an example for a host of children to choose a different path than drugs? If in their abuse, they saved 50 others from choosing to take that route. How is that not good in the greater scheme of things?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Excellent post and something I have always believed. We would not be who and what we are without the totality of ALL of our experiences...successes and 'failures'. We should look at each day as a gift and simply manage the situations we encounter with grace and a positive attitude.

That doesn't always work that way, but that is certainly an ideal which is worth working towards.

Great reply! I wholeheartedly agree that all circumstances shape and mold us. It IS rather tasking to work towards that goal.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhill76

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I actually like these types of questions.

I still accredit all those to Father as well. My examples are just introductory that can cause thinking back to a situation and applying thought to circumstances. For the first one, we all have to go. To separate the deep attachment that our spirits have to the body, the body must go through death. Does that mean Father didn't care? Nope. It could have been time, said person could have caused great anguish to others, etc. there are so many variables.

With the children after they grew up, could they not have provided an example for a host of children to choose a different path than drugs? If in their abuse, they saved 50 others from choosing to take that route. How is that not good in the greater scheme of things?

Your answers "work" given the example provided, namely your response to the first.

However, what about the 1 year old child that is being bludgeoned to death somewhere as we speak(type).

How can you rationalize that? I hardly think the child has done anything to deserve it. And if it's a matter of "we all die sometime" why couldn't it just be in his sleep, why did it have to be from 25 minutes of blunt force trauma and probably a few days in a medically induced coma?

edit on 18-4-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Your answers "work" given the example provided, namely your response to the first.

However, what about the 1 year old child that is being bludgeoned to death somewhere as we speak(type).

How can you rationalize that? I hardly think the child has done anything to deserve it. And if it's a matter of "we all die sometime" why couldn't it just be in his sleep, why did it have to be from 25 minutes of blunt force trauma and probably a few days in a medically induced coma?

Good question.

This may not work for some, but it will make sense once we are free of the restrictions of our current form (mind).

Some are here to be used as examples for others, as in to get a collective to get it, one has to be put forth to endure. Say a child gets run over by a car. The lesson here is spread across many different fronts. The person driving car now knows to not rush everywhere and watch out. The parents of the child learn to be more watchful over their children. Laypersons are tested to see if they will help. (Many think on this as time passes.) People who watch the news now are more watchful when driving, or are now more watchful over their children.

Same logic applies to the above with regards to a child that was molested.

The current setup here is that everyone cares for self. Sometimes people need to be taught to look out for one another. Sadly, and this goes with great temperament, sometimes the greatest teaching comes from tragedy.
edit on 18-4-2016 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
Your angry bronze age sky deity is not my father.

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

He was expressing an idea not trying to 'force' belief upon you.

You may now return to your safe space.

SMH

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Nothing but nice coincidences. What about when my brother got that new job. On his first day of work he dies in a horrible accident. Was that "Fathers" plan too? Is it "Fathers" will that the Zika virus is killing hundreds of children worldwide in a most horrific way? Where is "fathers" influence in Liberia where children as young as ten are being handed machine guns and heroine and forced to fight in rebellions?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

That's hogwash. Why didn't "father" kill Hitler with a great disease before he caused untold suffering? If there is a father all he is doing is sitting and watching on the sidelines.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

We are not the body, nor the mind. I AM is all.

new topics

top topics

join