It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any proof of psychic abilities?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Is there any proof of the existence of things like telepathy, clairvoyance, remote viewing, psychokinesis, and so forth? There are studies done but usually flaws are found in them. Most studies of the paranormal are found to flawed in one way or another by skeptics. No one ever successfully has claimed James Randi's prize for proving a paranormal ability to be real and factual.
edit on 17-4-2016 by Whaler because: Removed the word I and edited accordingly

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Nope, none.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here's scientific proof of remote-viewing on the subatomic scale:
smphillips.8m.com...

Here's a taster:
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Whaler

I knew You were going to ask that...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LostThePlot

There's lots of subjective proof. Twins, for example, have been shown to be mysteriously connected to their siblings. There are also some compelling examples with "mother and child" relationships too.

Someday they may find actual objective proof. We already know that mother and child, and twins, have exchanged cells in vitro, with each others' different DNAs that have been detected in each others' bodies, even after decades.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whaler
Is there any proof of the existence of things like telepathy, clairvoyance, remote viewing, psychokinesis, and so forth? There are studies done but usually flaws are found in them. Most studies of the paranormal are found to flawed in one way or another by skeptics. No one ever successfully has claimed James Randi's prize for proving a paranormal ability to be real and factual.

No rigid evidence.

I vouch for OOBE (Out of body experiance)

Here is the brief thread I created on my OOBE

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many of psychic abilities that you mentioned are hard to relate to if youve never experienced one.
I was very skeptical of OOBE's until I experienced one. (I think)

Sadly, my personal testimony is all I can offer on the matter.

EDIT: after reviewing the my thread I remembered that another member had a similar first experiance
edit on 17-4-2016 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes, I see you sitting on your computer reading this right now.

Your about to eat something. Your enjoying the beautiful day. Thinking about mowing the lawn!
edit on 4 17 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yesterday I was making lunch, head down and suddenly I look out the window to see the mailman passing by on his way to my neighbors house. Why did I look? Don't know, but things like this happen to everyone, maybe some do it with more control and understanding.

edit on 17-4-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
you can prove it to yourself. Its nearly impossible to prove to anyone else.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
To a materialist there will never be any acceptable evidence. That's not to say there is no evidence, but that evidence, no matter what it is, will be rejected by a materialist as being impossible, wrong, faked, or some other reason for it to not be acceptable. ANY "evidence" is a priori wrong. End of story.

Now it's going to be really interesting one of these days when these guys wake up dead and have to admit they survived. I imagine the excuses will be from, "I knew it all along." to "Something is not right here." I actually hope to be there for a couple of these revelations, if for nothing else but to smirk at them.

There are plenty of places that treat the subject seriously and you should have no problem if you wish to research the issue. ATS is probably not the best place to do that because it brings out the trolls.
edit on 4/17/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yes and I replied to this yesterday in order to reach here today, just at the right time.

So, congratulations on the announcement of your wedding/engagement/taking the wrapper off.

Hey me!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Well, I hear ya!
Telepathy, will be the next internet..God knows what way that will go, perhaps a better course than the internet is turning out to be, but there will likely be also a dark side, (who knows, maybe the Manchurian has already been used) but the capability is there, and we already know what strides the internet has achieved from infancy, and since the human body is sacrosanct...no ads allowed or suggested even.

www.extremetech.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That's still technology based though. I am wondering strictly about paranormal psychic abilities. Still interesting though.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It is not something that can be empirically catagorised but there are many story's such as the Psychic whom went to the police and became a suspect because she knew more about the crime scene than the detectives investigating it but later her evidence led to the conviction of the real killer.

Then again this is worth reading.
www.victorzammit.com...

But remember this, most of these type of Psychic's have no control over it, often they are near death experienced individual's themselves whom have suffered fatal trauma but somehow survived or were resuscitated so not medium's in parlours or holding hand's around the coffee table while trying to contact uncle george and find out were he hid his will and most of them did not want this ability, it was thrust upon them.

As a general rule Psychic's whom make money from there trade are usually charlatain's or else there information being forced is far less predictable or reliable, many TV psychic's are or begin genuine but there show's force them to end up manufacturing since it has become there profession but on the other hand those whom help the detectives are usually not paid at all or very little, it seem's there are two element's to the Psychic ability and perhaps two individual's, those are the physical and the spiritual and the spiritual element is I am afraid not something you can record or analyse, indeed our soul if you wish to call it that though experiencing life in our body may even be in another location in another dimension entirely and not within our flesh, only it's consciousness is which posits the possibility that this is how psychics see thing's at a distance.

Forced Psychic phenomen is also interesting, not spiritual but more ESP such as remote viewing, well one guy in the Star Gate program (the real name of the remove viewing program and nothing to do with worm holes) was awarded medal's by the US military for providing reliable and accurate intel during the Cold War on Soviet installations often too deep into russia for the US to get any field information on them, he did this by remote viewing the target locations but at the start to that program only the most promising recruit's were selected for that task after being tested for there ability's.
en.wikipedia.org...

Of course he is now into making money but what if this is true.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

It also all depend's on what you categorize as proof.

edit on 17-4-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
To a materialist there will never be any acceptable evidence. That's not to say there is no evidence, but that evidence, no matter what it is, will be rejected by a materialist as being impossible, wrong, faked, or some other reason for it to not be acceptable. ANY "evidence" is a priori wrong. End of story.

Now it's going to be really interesting one of these days when these guys wake up dead and have to admit they survived. I imagine the excuses will be from, "I knew it all along." to "Something is not right here." I actually hope to be there for a couple of these revelations, if for nothing else but to smirk at them.

There are plenty of places that treat the subject seriously and you should have no problem if you wish to research the issue. ATS is probably not the best place to do that because it brings out the trolls.

I'm not a materialist and I've researched psychic claims extensively. I really wanted to believe but the evidence always comes up short. So far it only exists in the minds of the delusional and gullible. I hope one day I will be proven wrong but I wont hold my breath.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
you can prove it to yourself. Its nearly impossible to prove to anyone else.

I agree with that. I experienced a couple weird situations in my life that I can't explain but no one believed any of it or argued it was something else.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

That's still technology based though. I am wondering strictly about paranormal psychic abilities. Still interesting though.

The technology is the building bricks to understanding what powers the inner mind, some of which they know already but so far without infiltrating the human body and mind, and presently but a digital interface.
Thing is, your phrase, paranormal psychic abilities, could be something of a chicken and egg scenario, and the mind is such a mystery. Like the guy recently who had a crash,, was in a coma, and woke up speaking Chinese, (I don't know which) but woke up speaking Chinese, something that he learned at school but had no interest, or coudn't use so much if at all..but it is known that he was struck on the left side of his head which is largely considered the language center of the brain? Can you see then, how much could flow from that experiment in the link.
It's not just QI, it's much more.
In edit here's the guy that had the accident in 2012.

edit on 17-4-2016 by smurfy because: Video.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I know you will discount this as flawed data; But there is plenty of statistical evidence of psi if you had bothered to look.

www.bates.edu...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is the second time I am beginning a post with the words, “I hope I won’t regret this…”

And I am the first to laugh at myself and say, “Hey, shouldn’t you know?”

I went through a period of time when psychism seemed to be the only answer to a number of incidents. I will explain one here, and no one is obliged to read it, so please be gracious, if you respond at all.

During this time, and right after a so called “Psychic Fair,” my husband related to me that his tech at work had lost a locket and she was thinking about calling a psychic hot line to ask if they might know where it was. She had heard a few stories about me and wanted my opinion. My advice was, “Don’t waste your time or money. That’s a bunch of nonsense.”

But as I was voicing this outwardly, inside my mind, my feminine curiosity got the better of me, and I rhetorically wondered were it might be. To my surprise, I suddenly “saw” her locket. I saw it behind her living room couch, sort of in the center of it, but way deep inside the wall. Of course, this was immediately absurd. How could the locket get inside the wall? Nevertheless, the “impression” was quite strong so I just offered it to him to share with her.

After a day or two, her message got back to me that it wasn’t there. No surprise. But I just felt quite strongly that it was. “Tell her that she needs to dig through the wall to get to it. It’s somehow deep inside of the wall” …Yeah, sure.

Well, about six months later, she reported to my husband that she had found it, and it gave her chills when she did. She was in the bathroom getting laundry out of the hamper and some clothes fell behind it. When reaching for them, she saw her locket. It had fallen behind the hamper, but it fell between the wall and the floor board (not sure if I’m naming this correctly, but that piece of wood or plastic that goes up 3 or 4 inches, up the side of the wall). She might not have seen it at all, except that the light hit it in such a way that a bit of gold sparkled and it caught her eye.

So, what was interesting, to me at least, and the them, was that I had only been in her house once, and had not gone into the bathroom, so I had no point of reference for it. I only “knew” her living room, and the spot that I described was from that vantage point, as it was indeed just shy of center, behind the couch but way inside the wall.

And yes, it could have been a coincidence, if you choose to believe that. But this coincidence has happened quite a few times, which, I guess by definition, is a coincidence. But I do have friends who would vouch for such incidences. Granted, that still doesn’t prove anything, but still…And I’ve scared a cop or two with what I knew, until they scared me back and I tip toed away.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join