It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rumours were True , Axl Rose to join AC/DC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Wow ! , colour me shocked.
A rumour has been floating around for a couple of weeks that Rose would be joining AC/DC for the remainder of their Rock or Bust tour tour but now the band have confirmed that Axl Rose will join the band for the remaining European and North American dates due to frontman Brian Johnson's withdrawal on medical advice , doctors have told Johnson he risks going deaf if he continues.

In a statement, AC/DC said they were "fortunate" to have Rose's "support". "As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian's decision to stop touring and save his hearing," they said. "We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years."
www.bbc.co.uk...

So that'll be the end of AD/DC then , the band has slowly fallen apart over the last couple of years and I'm sure retirement awaits at the end of this tour , a sad but inevitable end

From those who have rocked , we salute you AC/DC.

edit on 17-4-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It's so weird and selfish that they just decide on a new singer and tell everyone 'the shows go on!!'.
They better be offering ticket holders refunds as an option.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Perhaps they should have retired when Malcolm had to leave but when you're one of the biggest bands in the world decisions like that must be hard to make.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
They are not a good fit. It's like choc-ice and chips, great on their own, but together? No thanks.
edit on 17/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Never been a big fan of gnr, though it could work, might be pretty good

I always thought acdc went backwards after Bon died

Didn't stop them

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Ahhh, the memories.

I was there

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
That nasal, high pitched voice replacing Brian's whiskey and cigarette voice?
Nope. Glad I didn't get tickets for this.
I'm seeing a lot of pissed off fans in their future.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

While I liked Bon Scott DC I think the band post Bon was a better band.
Back in Black is still one of my favourite rock albums.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not saying that this will be a good thing, but I will wait until I hear them together before I pass judgement.
After all, there are those that thought ACDC sucked after the demise of Bon Scott.
edit on b000000302016-04-17T08:07:03-05:0008America/ChicagoSun, 17 Apr 2016 08:07:03 -0500800000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I felt a disturbance in the force...as if 23 million aussies are crying out in pain.

I feel something terrible has happened.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Perhaps they should have retired when Malcolm had to leave but when you're one of the biggest bands in the world decisions like that must be hard to make.

That isn't really the point though.
I don't understand why they can't just cancel the remaining dates.
How many thousands of shows have they played, what's the point of doing these final shows with a singer that no one who bought a ticket expected or wanted to see?
They should just split the band up.
Angus looks like a walking skeleton too, it's difficult to even watch him nowadays.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I guess that if this is to be the final AC/DC tour they (Angus Young) would want to complete what was started.
Rather than get another unknown in why not go out with a bang and give the fans a legendary singer to finish the career of a legendary band.

One thing is for sure , they're not doing it for the money.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Here's a taster of what AC/DC fans will get , Angus joined GnR last night at their Coachella show to perform 2 DC classics.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Heard this about two weeks ago. Is it a final tour? With Rose's past tantrum record it would be a shame if he had an ego meltdown on them. I think his voice could work, but his professional behavior is sketchy and I don't think he has the stamina for their material. Don't know how to embed video but remember seeing a clip containing some recent singing of his and he seemed to be struggling with his own material (Rio?)

Anyway, lately Rose looks like Paul Williams, composer from the 1970's hehe

edit on 4/17/2016 by shockedonlooker because: posted before gortex's vids....axl doesn't sound that bad...

edit on 4/17/2016 by shockedonlooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We all remember how Axl would end shows or start a fight if he thought he was not getting the proper attention.
Angus > than Axl and is "in charge" as well as being the visual focus of every ACDC show.
Maybe Axl has grown up since their hey-day but, he was never much of a team player then.
It should be fun to see how this pans out.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Leopards dont change their spots. Im betting both G n R and AC-DC will be kicking themselves for believing Axl's changed his....there will be late shows, bad shows and no-shows.

Historically thats his M.O....and he isnt going to change. I'd be really, really surprised....

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Here's a taster of what AC/DC fans will get , Angus joined GnR last night at their Coachella show to perform 2 DC classics.

Axl sounds good with them. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Old Akadaka fans flipped when Bon Scott died and felt Brian was never good enough....New lead singer has happened before.

I am excited to see Slash back up there though

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You may be right but this time it isn't his band , it's AC/DC , a band no doubt Axl listened to in his youth , I have a feeling he will have made assurances to Angus and will likely stick to them because it's AD/DC.

I don't understand why they can't just cancel the remaining dates.

Perhaps because you don't have tickets for the upcoming shows , if you had tickets I doubt you'd want to see them cancel.
Those with tickets will get AC/DC + , I don't think anyone is losing out.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Hey Gortex! Thanks. When GnR was kickin...they were killin' it for sure...and ACDC...even during solo breaks in songs...the band just stomps on it big time...so my fingers are crossed for both bands.

Historically speaking...AXl doesnt have a great reliability factor. 'Hope Im wrong here though...

MS
edit on 17-4-2016 by mysterioustranger because: 'giving up on my phone today...going rogue with laptop hence-forth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 17-4-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join