It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Gamers Rant!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: VoidHawk
consoles are where the children play!

100% spot on
Parents aren't gonna get their brat a $1000+ pc, but they may toss them a console. What you end up is..that.

Hmm does playing retro on console count? Its something about the Sega and Nintendo on a Nintendo or genesis console that make it happen for me, emulating PC isn't the same. Also I like to collect games and find it more enjoyable with console games with more modern consoles. I have a PC I can play on but don't really anymore cause I cant afford to upgrade atm. For me its always about the games not necessarily what they are played on.

I was just commenting on playing the latest, greatest multiplayer games online with a console community..the community is terrible for consoles..
PC is always gonna be the master platform in regards to gaming. steam sales, can use anything (from mouse/keyboard to joysticks, xbox controllers, etc), etc..but hell, if you got a old school nintendo and tele, go for it. retro is cool stuff and its not like you are trying to link up to 3 others to play through original metroid

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I tried playing the division for a little, but then I realized that co op was where it's at with that game, and nobody I knew was getting it so I ended up just getting a refund. I'm not going to try to get a bunch of jackoffs together that I don't know, that's just a recipe for frustration.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I like playing my music when I play games and don't really care to be talking to others, but then again I also don't tend to play multiplayer co-op games. I like fighting games.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Dude, PUGs is hell.

I don't know about console games, but on most PC versions, there is a way to make a friends list so you could tag good gamers and eventually not ever have to team with random folks you didn't know if you didn't want to.

Maybe that's your problem?

There is that feature, and you're one of the unlucky ones without a rolodex list to call on when you want to play?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I like PUG's... but when a female is in fear of revealing their sex because of fear of stupid ass twelve year olds... I don;t like it one bit...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Heh, I got lucky there. I don't think anyone has ever described me as having a sexy voice. So whatever. I'm generally not terribly talkative in team play thought because I tend to get concentrated on what I am doing. It's not that I forget about the team, just that I apparently think you all should be reading my mind. Typical woman, right?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not typical at all. I've gotten subjective opinions what were highly accurate as to handle specific circumstances. My meaning is that females can make just as good as tacticians as males. It just takes an open mind and those whom are open for suggestions.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I'm with you. I often play Link to The Past or other SNES games.
Modern games all look the same to me, first person style shooting war games.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Ah yes, the filthy casuals, fodder of all games.

This is what I imagine the console gaming experience must be like;

edit on 17-4-2016 by Lysergic because: rape sux

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Close, but my room of doom has a photo of Higgens from Magnum PI instead of Tatu from Fantasy Island.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
You are in combat.Just as in real combat , you dont have time for "idle chatter". You are trying to survive despite the best efforts of the rest of your team.Then you have some self-righteous , self-imposed leader giving you orders for the exact same thing you have been doing all the time while they themselves are frozen due to battle-shock . No thank you , I will talk afterwards .

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Have you tried finding a good LFG site? Reddit usually has a decent set of groups for finding people. I'd try that. The communities for a few games are packed with people like yourself, looking for others that are pretty serious about, or at least want to do well, communicate, etc

Id give that a shot first before getting too frustrated over it.

...or join a clan. Haven't played division but Id be surprised if it doesn't have any.
edit on 17-4-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Look on the web for LFG sites. (Looking for Game)
I used to use one for Destiny all the time.
You will be able to find serious players, instead of people screwing around without mics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join