It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocktails

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Go to the docks and collect one virile young sailor...

You're making it very hard for me to be a good boy lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Rum smoothies are my favorite.
I'm sipping one at the moment.
Pineapple, strawberries, cantaloupe, various berries, and coconut water.
Chunk it all in a blender with a liberal helping of white rum and hit puree for a minute.
I like to imagine it is a healthy drink.
This batch has an appealing purple color.
edit on 14-4-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The Sazerac was invented in one of the culinary capitals of the world; New Orleans. It was originally created using Cognac but in the late 1800’s the Phylloxera epidemic nearly wiped out all the wine growing vineyards in Europe and Cognac, in the United States and elsewhere, was a scarcity. Enter Rye.

Rye is bourbons interesting cousin but instead of a high corn-content mash it is produced with a high percentage of rye which gives it a pleasant spiciness that makes it perfect for making cocktails. I prefer Michter’s Rye which has a somewhat high proof at 85%. You can use stronger ryes if you like such as Rittenhouse 100 or Whistlepig 111 but sometimes I like a second Sezerac without having it beating me up and taking my lunch money.

There are as many recipes for Sazeracs as there are cocktail bars. I have tried numerous ones but the recipe I always gravitate back towards is a combination of both rye and cognac. Rye takes the driver’s seat in this one but cognac adds a wonderful undertone that accentuates the ryes spiciness.

1 ½ ounces Michter’s rye
    ½ ounce Remy Martin or Pierre Ferrand cognac
    Grand Absinthe brand absinthe
    1 teaspoon demerara sugar
    4 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
    2 dashes Angostura bitters
    Lemon twist

Rinse a rocks glass with the absinthe and either discard or surreptitiously consume (waste not, want not). Stir the other ingredients over ice (about 30-40 revolutions) and strain into the rocks glass. Squeeze the lemon twist over the drink to express the oils and either discard or drop into the drink.

I will try to add something new every week but, just like your favorite bartender, I am willing to mix you something special if you have a request. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

For me, my poison of choice is always either a shot of Crown Royal with a couple of rocks and a splash of gingerale for colour, or an ice cold bottle of Alexander Keith's Red Amber Ale when we fire up the grill on hot summer days.

My alcoholic alcohol tastes are pretty simple and straight forward... I guess I'm just a simpleton at heart.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Nothing wrong with a cold beer when grilling. Or three.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Mmmm. Cocktails. I love your threads.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Thank you. Anything in particular you are interested in? I may add a couple more tonight depending on what dinner plans are.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you. Anything in particular you are interested in? I may add a couple more tonight depending on what dinner plans are.

How about a good nightcap? Nothing too fancy.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
How about a good nightcap? Nothing too fancy.

That could be interesting. For me it usually consist of a bottle of bourbon and a sippy straw.

Most of what I have is usually neat; Amaros, Scotch and Limoncello but I make a few cocktails for guests when they want an after dinner treat.

Do you like sweet or neat and boozy?

edit on 16-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Boozy, I think. Boozy for woozy.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Well, there is the appropriately named, After Dinner Cocktail which I make occasionally. It consist of two ingredients which you may not have heard of but taste great.

1 Part Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
    1 Part Batavia Arrack
    1 Part fresh lime juice

Shake with ice and then double strain into a sherry glass.

Batavia Arrack has hints of coconut, vanilla and chocolate. One of my guests said it tastes like Coco Puffs. It is sometimes considered part of the rum family and is a great addition to the home bar if you can find it. Luxardo is made with whole maraschino cherries and imparts a nice, dry cherry flavor to all drinks it is added to. The above cocktail tastes like a bright, coconut/chocolate covered cherry.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

What can you do with Campari?

:-)

I love it - have my own variations

But it's only for summer

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a
What can you do with Campari?

I love it - have my own variations

But it's only for summer

One of my favorite mixers. I make quite a few drinks with that including the one I had last night, the Boulevardier, which is the cousin to the Negroni (one of my favorite cocktails). Campari should not just be relegated to warm weather drinks, it herbaceousness and bitterness work well with heavier drinks that compliment winter fare.

Boulevardier:

1 1/2 Ounces Buffalo Trace Bourbon
    1 Ounce Campari
    1 Ounce Carpano Antica Vermouth
    1 Orange and/or 1 lemon peel

Stir gin, Campari and vermouth over ice. Strain into a rocks glass with one large ice cube. Garnish with twist(s).

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

The girls got their own cocktail as well, the Pink Lady.

1 1/2 Ounces Plymouth Gin
    1/2 Ounce Laird's Applejack
    3/4 Ounce simple syrup
    3/4 Ounce fresh lemon juice
    1/2 ounce grenadine
    1 Egg white
    1 Cocktail cherry for garnish

Dry shake all the ingredients until incorporated then shake again with ice. Double strain into a rocks glass with one large ice cube and garnish with the cherry.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Nice...

Recent - or part of your stock photo collection?

If those are from nowish - very cool :-)

Both sound good - but 1st one is for me. Gin and Campari with lime is mine - but that sounds interesting

the 2nd one is just a bit girly - but it looks awful pretty

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Nice...

Recent - or part of your stock photo collection?

Those were from last night.

Both sound good - but 1st one is for me. Gin and Campari with lime is mine - but that sounds interesting

the 2nd one is just a bit girly - but it looks awful pretty

The Boulevardier is essentially a take on the Negroni where you swap the gin out for bourbon.

The Pink Lady is on the sweeter side so the girls typically like that one. It would probably make a good after dinner drink as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Is that a a sacrificial table in the background?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

LOL

I wonder if his 'guests' from last night will be around for

Sunday dinner!?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

You caught me. That's where we do the dismembering when the Roofie-tinis kick in.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I wonder if his 'guests' from last night will be around for

Sunday dinner!?

That works on so many levels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join