It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Alien related shows : SYFY Show Hunters and The Aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
I'm just looking the Pilot Episode from it. As i read..,its about Exo-Terrorists!
Why not? thus Aliens acting as terrorist here on earth and kidnapping people (FBI-Agents wife).

More

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

I like the premise but the cheesy factor and acting from the trailer (starting at 1:11 mark) might be to high to overcome.

I'm going to try to watch it tonight.
edit on 20430America/ChicagoFri, 15 Apr 2016 08:20:17 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Watched it and : MEH

Has potential but the acting ,casting,writing, and over dramatisation was a miss so far on episode 1.

However, I think it might be worth watching a few more before making up my mind, since I like the premise of the show.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Watched all 4 episodes I think many here will like it. I like it better than the other scify Expanse show.

Its grown on me. The first episode acting was over the top but episode 2-4 got better.

So FWIW, give it a shot.

Be warned since I like it there is a good chance syfy will cancel it

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Aliens that look like us & forced to live in a ghetto? Could that sound any worse? Wow talk about lazy.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider

Aliens that look like us & forced to live in a ghetto? Could that sound any worse? Wow talk about lazy.

Yeah the aliens is pretty much a copy of a cheap district 9 without the cost of special effects or makeup.

The hunters is better but not original either, but hollywood is in the cookie cutter business.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Watched all 4 episodes I think many here will like it. I like it better than the other scify Expanse show.

Its grown on me. The first episode acting was over the top but episode 2-4 got better.

So FWIW, give it a shot.

Be warned since I like it there is a good chance syfy will cancel it

Doh, I knew it. I liked it and it got cancelled.

Dam syfy channel, always does it to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Still consider "Hunters" to be one of the most underrated Alien invasion series I've seen.

Here is the review I gave it on IMDb;

Might have been a classic alien invasion series, but....

"But apparently the theory that we live in a matrix of parallel universes is true. In my universe this was great science fiction.

I have no idea what the people who knocked this excellent adult sci- fi series were watching - And can't even imagine what they expected. Well they got what they wanted - canceled after 13 episodes.

There have been quite a few good alien invasion series over the years, especially in the late 1990s such as "First Wave", "Dark Skies", and "Earth Final Conflict"

Apparently somewhere between then and now - real aliens have taken over the planet Earth, dumbed down the Human mind, and made inane old style Westerns in a sci-fi format seem good, and intelligent sci-fi like Hunters not understandable to the average viewer.

So accept the truth - the aliens have taken over, watch your Firefly and the Expanse and all the exciting soap opera and drama that goes with it - And skip the really intelligent sci-fi like Hunters - the aliens have won and they will keep you dumbed down. so Don't worry be happy."

I gave it 9/10

If you choose to watch it, even though it doesn't have a final ending, the last episode does have a decent ending to what was on going at the time and of course the tie-in for what was going to happen next season.

Sometimes I wish I was super-rich - Then I could finance the great sci-fi series 'they' cancel just so I could see them continue.

"ScienceFictionalism - the way of the Future"

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Yeah , it sarted a little weak but got better by the end.

Top sci-fi show for this year for sure, hence it got cancelled.

But netflix made up for it with new scifi show that was really great called stranger things.

Check it out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join