It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Five Clinton shell companies established in Delaware

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Apparently you've not dealt with insurance companies?

I have, at one point they wanted to have it moved to Delaware.

Guess I imagined the whole thing?

Suppose I imagined the whole 5 yr long legal battle too right?
edit on 11-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I sure have. They are bound by the state law in which they operate and can only have their cases moved to other jurisdictions under extenuating circumstances.

One must ask what circumstances you may have presented to the insurance company.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So what's the difference between Delaware and Panama?

Shell corps are set up to hide money and launder so that the owners are very hard to pin down.

And they have 5? lol!
edit on 4 11 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

One must ask what circumstances you may have presented to the insurance company.

Too bad my life isn't an open book for the internet.

All I know is for 5 yrs it was utter BS, finally its all over for a few years now.

F all Insurance Companies.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yes, Hillary is taking advantage of the current tax structure. So do many of the average business owners in the US.

Should we change the tax code to punish the wealthy/elite in a way that also hurts the small business owner?

Wealth is not the problem.

Hillary was not a small business owner.

Hillary was not only taking advantage of a tax structure, she
was taking advantage of her position at The State Department.
edit on 11-4-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
She is fighting for us!

# 621

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm not fine with it at all, I'm not sure what made you think that I am. I was only giving a little balance to xuenchen's all out bombardment of Hilary bashing threads he seems to churn out every few hours of every day. Never see him bashing Trump though, his agenda seems to be to attack Hilary alone even though Trump admitted he's alright with such tactics.

Not saying that what xuenxhen brings to the table is bogus, I just think his constant Hilary threads show a severe bias and agenda.
edit on 4/11/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How did 2 politicians get SOOOO rich that they have money stashed all over the world?

The Clintons' web of wealth

I wish it was not against the rules to put the entire article, because there is really no way to pick out bits and pieces. You have to read the whole thing to get the whole picture.

What has been laid out here is only a small sample of the vortex of wealth that Hillary and Bill Clinton have received from corporations, foundations, foreign organizations and others with an interest in U.S. public policy. No one with any knowledge of politics believes these payments to be disinterested or impartial; they are part of a larger political system that rewards politicians for fealty and obedience.

And these are only the things we know about. What else went on beneath the shadows?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
moneynation.com...

In January of 2009 Mrs. Clinton left the senate to become the U.S. Secretary of State. Her salary in that job was $186,600. While that’s not exactly small, It’s only $12,600 more per year than the salary of a U.S. senator at $174,000. It hardly accounts for a $10 million hike in the Hillary Clinton net worth total the same year. Also in 2009, Clinton reported buying $5 million to $26 million in money market funds and real estate.

It’s unclear where the sudden jump in the Hillary Clinton net worth amount came from. In 2009, Mrs. Clinton wasn’t paid any of her famous six-figure speaking fees. Those payouts didn’t start until 2014. Her last book, Living History, was published in 2003. She received a record advance of $8 million for the memoir, bit that didn’t enter into 2009 Hillary Clinton net worth calculations. Her next book, Hard Choices didn’t come out until 2014. Finally, the 2008/2009 financial crisis should have decreased Clinton’s wealth. So where did the $10 million dollar jump in Hillary Clinton’s net worth in 2009 come from? It’s very difficult to say.

Another curious change to the Hillary Clinton net worth total came in 2011. In that year, Mrs. Clinton’s wealth suddenly dropped from $30 million to $13 million. That’s over 50%. There was no drop in the stock market to account for the $17 million fall in Hillary Clinton’s net worth. However, Clinton’s public reports show that in 2011, she “exchanged” $5-$25 million in investments. It’s not clear if the exchange left the money in her name or transferred it to another person. It’s common practice for politicians to place assets in a spouse’s name. Whether that’s to hide the money from public view or for some other reason isn’t openly discussed. If Mrs. Clinton transferred the money to husband Bill, it would account for $17 million disappearing from Hillary Clinton’s net worth.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
So what's the difference between Delaware and Panama?

Shell corps are set up to hide money and launder so that the owners are very hard to pin down.

And they have 5? lol!

The theory is that giving corporations a safe haven to store all their money free from "excessive" taxation helps the economy. Under that theory it's preferable to have the money stored in Delaware than in Panama.

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Another curious change to the Hillary Clinton net worth total came in 2011. In that year, Mrs. Clinton’s wealth suddenly dropped from $30 million to $13 million. That’s over 50%. There was no drop in the stock market to account for the $17 million fall in Hillary Clinton’s net worth. However, Clinton’s public reports show that in 2011, she “exchanged” $5-$25 million in investments. It’s not clear if the exchange left the money in her name or transferred it to another person. It’s common practice for politicians to place assets in a spouse’s name. Whether that’s to hide the money from public view or for some other reason isn’t openly discussed. If Mrs. Clinton transferred the money to husband Bill, it would account for $17 million disappearing from Hillary Clinton’s net worth.

She probably "sold" some assets to Chelsea in order to avoid estate taxes on them. It's best to do that well in advance.
edit on 11-4-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump is not the one intent on redistributing everyone elses wealth by taxing the wealthy.

It's the hypocrisy, stupid.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The Clintons are criminals...well DUH!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

EVERYBODY is incorporated in Delaware...

Delaware has gone out of it's way to structure it's state laws to afford low taxes on corporations....precisely to attract incorporations.

And I know some folks are geographically challenged...but Delaware is not "off-shore"..still part of the USA and still subject to Federal taxes..

So ...should Delaware be forced to charge more in taxes by the Federal gov? Or should they be able to manage their own state tax strategy?

I am confused what the beef is here? It's not off-shore, it is subject to US Federal taxes and oversight...Unlike Panama, Cayman, British Isles etc?

And hey...while it's fun to pick over the financials the Clintons have released..

Why is Trump the only Presidential candidate refusing to release any of his tax returns?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

EVERYBODY is incorporated in Delaware...

well that's interesting.

who is "everybody" ?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Donald Trump says he uses 'every single thing in the book' to avoid paying taxes

Seems like this is what they all do, not just the Clinton's. I guess they're taking a page out of ol' Trump's book.

So you appear to be fine with this practice. Disgusting.

Everybody is doing it so why not Hilary, right?

Yes, Hillary is taking advantage of the current tax structure. So do many of the average business owners in the US.

Should we change the tax code to punish the wealthy/elite in a way that also hurts the small business owner?

The small business owner is not soliciting millions of dollars in donations while holding an office capable of granting concessions to the donors. Delaware is not really the issue here; the business practices are. You are trying to pretend Hill&Bill are just like small business owners, but then, you are a well-known apologist for Hill. We would expect nothing else from you.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
..and also all the rest of the corporations in America because that where they all file for their corporate charters...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

well that's interesting. who is "everybody" ?

name a corporation any one...they were given their corporate charter (permission to do business) in the state of Delaware

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Its not legal, for starts.

What's not legal?

The tax shelters in Delaware appear to be legal, but accepting bribery from foreign nations in exchange for governmental influence is most certainly not legal.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I sure have. They are bound by the state law in which they operate and can only have their cases moved to other jurisdictions under extenuating circumstances.

As always INTROVERT, you can always be counted on to be the ONE person on a thread to rise to the defense of Madame Hillary. Good for you. HILLARY 2016! BITCHES!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

They're all hypocrites, stupid. Clinton, Cruz, Rubio, Trump, Sanders, all of them.
edit on 4/12/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join