It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking to Unveil New Space Exploration Project Tuesday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

So tiny computer, sent to space, unfurl the solar sail, shoot it with a laser, then send it to the stars...

Hum. I wonder how a tiny chip is going to turn around and contact home? Wouldn't that take a large antenna? And wouldn't that take some sort of power supply? And wouldn't all that weight slow it down? Even if you re-purpose the solar sail as an antenna... yeah, looks like more thought is needed for this idea.

Seems like the intent is there but the idea needs some work. I think that Swanne should get some money for the time-lapse telescope! That is a pretty cool idea and 100 million would go a long way!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Former Lockheed Skunkworks CEO Ben Rich, stated during a 1993, Alumni Speech at UCLA,

"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an Act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity...Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."

This, and if you do enough research, I think this is a total waste, just to please the masses, when in we can do much more and already know much more.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 12-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join