It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visualising the Effects of Plasma on a Wing (Video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Not quite, but it's right on the edge of one.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Something tells me that plasma tech is going to be the next great step in aeronautics, from control of the airfoil to reducing shock waves and mhd propulsion or combustion control.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fastmover
Something tells me that plasma tech is going to be the next great step in aeronautics, from control of the airfoil to reducing shock waves and mhd propulsion or combustion control.

Add aural stealth to that too.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fastmover

Yeah, you can do plasma on the outside, and plasma on the inside.

Without electromagnetics, all you have to move air around is pressure. There's a known equation of state relating pressure and temperature and density and all that and there are pretty well known limits.

Now if some of the heat and bulk motion can be dealt with electromagnetically instead of by mechanical-only means, you have more opportunities and complexities.

Imagine a really high speed engine---air is coming in super fast and hits the turbines and heats up and pushes back on you. Heat makes the engine not work well and the pushing back makes you go slower.

There's this SABRE engine with a super-efficient pre-cooler. But what if you could instead suck some fast moving bypass air back electrically so that it doesn't all pile up in front and heat up too much?

Some slides I've seen (did BassPlyr post them?) seem to imply that kinetic energy can be taken out of the air in the intake with a plasma, transferred electrically, presumably by some fat cables, around the combustion turbines, and then put back into the exhaust with an electrical "aftersucker".
edit on 13-4-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Funny.. tis almost like this is in use on a certain black dorito. Hmmm.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

MB's above most recent post. Not about triangles.

But it WILL be the next big thing. It surely will augment our abilities.

When A to the 0 mentioned a Vacuum he wasn't talking about air.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
He was sometimes criptic. Using plasma in front of the craft to overheat-charge-expand the air and create a channel of very low density is common research in the open to mitigate sonic boom, but i cannot see it yet as a way of propulsion by pressure differential with the air surrounding the thing, if that´s what he wanted to say.a reply to: BASSPLYR

edit on 13-4-2016 by Fastmover because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join