It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I just want you to know that i am a catholic and i do believe in God and the Bible. However logically i feel that we are not alone in the universe. Does is it state in the bible that God only created man within the earth and what about the universe and the other planets? If aliens were to exist would is disporve the bible and entire religion? Pls any comments to clarify this issue would be most appreciated.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm not religious at all but i remember watching a show on The History Channel a while back telling of passages in the Bible where people recalled seeing strange things in the sky. Of course they thought of them to be signs from God but i believe these people were seeing UFO's. Sorry, i dont have any details of what passages.

Over the years religions have evolved and changed to become more modern. I believe if it was proved/disclosed that alien life did exist off planet Earth i think it would indeed affect religion immensely, but i think the churches would try to adapt their religions to include alien life as well.

[edit on 13/1/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I do believe this is a topic/thread that has already been asked.... it has been gong on for sometime now... Mods can you help here? As always its a good Question!!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There are numerous passages in the Bible that some interpret to support an alien presence. Genesis speaks of the "Sons of God" coming down to Earth to interbreed with the Daughters of Man creating the Nephilim or Giants for instance.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yes..there are a lot of threads on this already....try the search feature and you should find plenty to read.....

top topics

join