It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to tell if your overweight because of genes/medication or your just fat cause you eat.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Have you ever tried fasting?
I would recommend it if you would like to lose some weight, no offense. (And if you are able to without error in health)
The way I do it, i focus on something else other than food.
Or another healthy approach, if your health allows it. Walk around your block two times a day for a week , with some nice, uplifting, instrumental music.
Next week, do it twice a day for a week, etc.

Or simply think you're losing weight and have no problems.
Our body is made up to 60% of water. If our thoughts are made of energy, that energy will affect us.

The water in our body is affect by our environment.

Be happy. Stay healthy
edit on 12-4-2016 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

Have you ever tried fasting?
I would recommend it if you would like to lose some weight, no offense. (And if you are able to without error in health)
The way I do it, i focus on something else other than food.
Or another healthy approach, if your health allows it. Walk around your block two times a day for a week , with some nice, uplifting, instrumental music.
Next week, do it twice a day for a week, etc.

Or simply think you're losing weight and have no problems.
Our body is made up to 60% of water. If our thoughts are made of energy, that energy will affect us.

The water in our body is affect by our environment.

Be happy. Stay healthy

Moderate fasting is fine. And, actually, probably good for you. But fasting to the point you lose significant amounts of weight is potentially very, very dangerous.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Exercise if fine for me as I exercise regularly anyway. I’m rather fit internally considering and dont get out of breath to fast.
Im not going to be running a mathraton anytime soon but Im not a sloth either.

As for fasting? I have been looking at that.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: luciferslight

Exercise if fine for me as I exercise regularly anyway. I’m rather fit internally considering and dont get out of breath to fast.
Im not going to be running a mathraton anytime soon but Im not a sloth either.

As for fasting? I have been looking at that.

I would be wary of fasting but one option is a vegatable juice fast.

Not for the squeamish but a couple of days with just fresh made(in your own juicer) vegatable juices, no fruit as can make you ill with the sugar spikes can work wonders.

We suggested it to a good friend, about your size but in his early 50's as was gaining weight like nobodys business and suffered with IBS.

We said do one day and then go back to food and try and go one day a week just juice.

He went for about a week just juicing! Dropped the weight, IBS went in about 3 days, felt better, LOOKED better.

He said that he felt 20 years younger and even noticed the ladies looking at him in a whole different light.

Bear it in mind and have a google.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Sorry for the long post. I used to hate fat people and made fun of them, now I feel remorseful and would like to help someone out rather than redicule.

As for fasting you don't really have to give up food and starve, start eating a sandwich or two, in the morning. Eat something medium at lunch some chicken with mash potatoes and broccoli. Some fruits bananas, apples, pears or anything for dinner. You can do this for a week also, more or less. Then if you can handle it without problems, eat one sandwich in the morning, medium-light lunch, and more fruit.

The fruit is to push all the stuff you ate, while nutritions and minerals are replenished.
Fruits and veggies don't have to be organic, it's all the same.

Thing is, start slow and drink lots of water.
Good luck dude!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Yes I am aware of his physical status as I have stated "(and if you are able to without ERROR IN HEALTH)"

Yes moderate fasting, in a reply to his response to me, is what I prefer. I have done it myself and found neurological benefits as well as physical.

The point of fasting is not to lose weight, but to let your body take a break from over working

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

Sorry for the long post. I used to hate fat people and made fun of them, now I feel remorseful and would like to help someone out rather than redicule.

As for fasting you don't really have to give up food and starve, start eating a sandwich or two, in the morning. Eat something medium at lunch some chicken with mash potatoes and broccoli. Some fruits bananas, apples, pears or anything for dinner. You can do this for a week also, more or less. Then if you can handle it without problems, eat one sandwich in the morning, medium-light lunch, and more fruit.

The fruit is to push all the stuff you ate, while nutritions and minerals are replenished.
Fruits and veggies don't have to be organic, it's all the same.

Thing is, start slow and drink lots of water.
Good luck dude!

I dont even eat that much normally!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

carb-free is dangerous....the best low-carb regimen is that you need 50 a day - if you go less than that your body will respond negatively.

Carb Deficiency Symptoms

Symptoms and manifestations of carbohydrate deficiency
The symptoms include hypoglycemia, confusion, tremor, feverishness, giddiness, fatigue, distress, delirium, muscles atrophy, loss of muscle tissue and reduces stamina.

Acidosis: In carbohydrate starvation, there is shift from glycolysis (breakdown of glucose) to lipolysis (breakdown of lipids) and ketogenesis for energy needs. The resultant production of ketoacids increases acidity in the blood and other body tissues. These changes in the pH of arterial blood outside 7.35 pH - 7.45 pH result in irreversible cell damage.

Ketosis: During prolonged carbohydrate fasting or starvation, acetyl-CoA in the liver is used to produce ketone bodies formed by the breakdown of fatty acids and by the deamination of amino acids, leading to a state of ketosis.

Hypoglycemia: The non availability of glucose due to severe lack of carbohydrate causes drop in the blood sugar levels. Hypoglycemia occurs when blood glucose, levels drop under 70 mg/dL with typical symptoms like giddiness, fatigue, distress and delirium.

Fatigue and decreased energy levels: The immediate non availability of glucose in the blood for energy production, result in dip in the energy levels and fatigue.

Muscle wasting: As the fat reserves and amino acids are getting used up for energy production, there will be general loss of muscle mass and impairment of growth.

Unhealthy weight loss: The loss of fat and muscle mass leads to emaciation and weight loss.

Dehydration and reduced body secretions: As there is loss of fluids from the body due to ketosis, a state of chronic dehydration is reached. This results in reduction in mucus secretion, dry eyes and compromised mucus production in tear glands, salivary glands, sinuses, airways, and gastrointestinal tract.

Loss of sodium: Excess of ketone in the blood leads to fluid loss and excretion of sodium ions(Na+) from the body. This may lead to muscle cramps, exhaustion and lassitude.

Weakened immune system: With increased fluid loss and degradation, vitamin C loss from the body is increased. Adding to this, the chronically dehydrated condition leads to weakened immune system and susceptibility to infections.

Constipation: Dietary fiber is an essential component of carbohydrate food, which is known to prevent recto-colon cancer and help digestion. The absence of dietary fiber can cause constipation.

Mood swing: Dietary carbohydrate exclusion causes the brain to stop regulating serotonin hormone. Low serotonin supply causes mood swing and depression.

Hence, it is imperative that we carefully add sufficient amounts of carbohydrates in our diet to protect ourselves from the deficiency manifestations.

you should not eliminate carbs altogether. That is unhealthy. Notice the underlined parts above in particular. Seratonin is the thing with anti-depressants classed as SSRIs: Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They cause your brain to produce more seratonin, rather than recycling too much of it.

So if you go no-carbs, then your brain chemistry gets messed up, then they put you on an SSRI....see how that works? It's all connected. Tricyclics are an alternative to SSRs, sometimes used in conjunction - they cause weight-gain. It's all a vicious loop, and every person responds in a unique way to the combinations of nutrients, chemicals, hormones, etc.

We don't know as much about the brain-body connection as we think we do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join