It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP robs Trump of delegates. DNC screwed Bernie.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Sure. Let's go with that.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Sure. Let's go with that.

OK, but what do you think about the fact that Cruz now has the majority of delegates in 8 states thus making him eligible under rule 40?

GOPe conspiracy IMO.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Lol. The GOP has been vocal about getting anyone but Trump into the nomination for a while now. Playing dirty was all part of the game.

To me, this is just the inevitable showdown between two sides of the GOP that don't listen to each other. The heads of the GOP who don't listen to their voting base and the voting base that doesn't listen to what the GOP has been doing (not necessarily saying, since they'll say anything) for the last 8 years. It's been a long time coming, but the writing has been on the wall for at least since the 2012 elections.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Trump was robbed of delegates in Colorado...best news I have read today...now can the people get him robbed in NYC!
Cheers

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

The LP always looks good on certain issues but when you dig a little deeper, you'll find that what they're really offering is a regressive prescription for turning the country into Third World hell hole because to them, the answer to any question is "the free market."

If I could sum up the totality of their platform over the years, it's basically a return to the mid-19th century but worse because they don't simply want to do away with labor laws, environmental laws, anti-trust laws, all income taxes, etc — they advocate things like privatizing all roads and inland waterways.

They've got a little better at being annoyingly vague in platform statements in recent years but behind it all is still Austrian economics, a heavy dose of Ayn Rand's pseudo-philosophical "Objectivism" and a bunch of John Birch Society assholes.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Take a look at this gem, which was deleted BTW, then they said it was not posted by them rofl.

They can't even keep their twitter account under control, how can we trust them to choose our nominee?

(post by avp251 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
*sigh*

Look people, I know "establishment" is the hot new buzzword of this year -- but can we just go back to using "the man" instead? It sounds way cooler to me, and doesn't impart an air of false intelligence.

Let's face it -- when you use the word "establishment" like this:

"He doesn't work for the establishment!"

You are basically just saying:

"He doesn't work for the man!"

Personally, I find it a lot more intellectually honest to just say "the man" -- because 99% of the people using the word "establishment" can really clearly define it any better than "the man".

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Why even vote for those two parties when they are capable of this?

People have been screaming, for a couple of generations, that our election system is a circus.

We have been told time and time and time again that we will NOT be allowed to elect a dark horse.

I wonder why all the sudden teeth gnashing?

Ill tell you this though: Its completely sad that it took a Donald Trump to get people head out of the sands long enough to even complain to begin with.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Look people, I know "establishment" is the hot new buzzword of this year -- but can we just go back to using "the man" instead? I

Thats pretty sexist of you.

edit on 26430America/ChicagoMon, 11 Apr 2016 14:26:06 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ill tell you this though: Its completely sad that it took a Donald Trump to get people head out of the sands long enough to even complain to begin with.

I think the Internet and Ron Paul started the ripple effect to expose the BS DNC and GOP.

Sadly Trump has gotten involved with the ride , but on a good note he has opened the eyes for the slow learners. They are realising that the only party is the $$$ party

Too bad those same republicans being suckered by the GOP are now likely to be suckered by the Trumpster.
edit on 31430America/ChicagoMon, 11 Apr 2016 14:31:22 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

They can't even keep their twitter account under control, how can we trust them to choose our nominee?

Where did I ever imply that I trusted these bozos?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Your gonna get Hillary, like it or not. It is all a farce.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The LP always looks good on certain issues but when you dig a little deeper, you'll find that what they're really offering is a regressive prescription for turning the country into Third World hell hole because to them, the answer to any question is "the free market."

If I could sum up the totality of their platform over the years, it's basically a return to the mid-19th century but worse because they don't simply want to do away with labor laws, environmental laws, anti-trust laws, all income taxes, etc — they advocate things like privatizing all roads and inland waterways.

They've got a little better at being annoyingly vague in platform statements in recent years but behind it all is still Austrian economics, a heavy dose of Ayn Rand's pseudo-philosophical "Objectivism" and a bunch of John Birch Society assholes.

Why are you afraid of freedom?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

"We the People"

That is all.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

"We the People"

That is all.

Yea and "the People" ain't too trustworthy either.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Isn't that how it always goes, though?

The Tea Party started as a tax revolt. By the time it was done, the GOP has dumped all their lunatics into the Tea Party to push it to the fringe.

What im bothered most by is on this one. America, not the GOP, took their biggest lunatic (Trump) and dropped him over the "im sick of the SJW" camps neck like a big, old heavy yoke. No one seems to be asking themselves why the pill is so bitter....they are just convinced that they are supposed to swallow it.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Colorado changed its primary rules in August of last year. It was legally done. They announced it. All the candidates knew what the rules for securing delegates in Colorado were, including Trump. If the Trump campaign did not have personnel on the ground to contest for delegates in Colorado, then that's on the Trump campaing.

Why didn't they think the different process was worth contesting? Is it because Trump was that confident that he'd have the race sewn up by now and Colorado wouldn't matter, or is it because Trump doesn't actually care meaning he's all hat and not cattle about this election (i.e. he's playing spoiler gaining a base of support and staling horse for the DNC).

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The problem with the Libertarian Party as an option: what, exactly, is their plan for America? I mean, im cool with anarchism....but shouldn't have to pay for a government that provides it.

Seriously...if the Libertarians would put up some real answers, and not just lob vague peanut gallery quality jabs, I could get behind them. I mean, i call myself "Libertarian" for Chrissakes. And even I can't be moved to give a damn about them.

The Libertarian concept has some real answers (I, for one, am an Austrian economics fan, and love Mises enough to read it weekly), but falls completely on their face when it comes to presenting them. Its almost like they are afraid to admit who/what they are to the general public, trying to just talk vague enough that they can be confused with a Republicrat by a nondiscerning mind.

In short: they aren't here to win. They are here to make a point. I don't have time for that.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Trump was robbed of delegates in Colorado...best news I have read today...now can the people get him robbed in NYC!
Cheers

he didn't get robbed....people don't like voting for billionaire a**holes.....it's pretty much that simple, he only has himself to blame
edit on 11-4-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join