It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark UFOs... and me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Most all of the UFO's i have ever heard about, there have been bright lights, or flashing lights, or spinning lights.. But there is one i have seen that i have never really talked about to anyone, and as of recently i have been quite curious of it...

I remember a few years back, my family and i were moving from Texas, to California, we drove through all of west texas, and then we pulled over about 65 miles in to New Mexico to sleep... in the van, and our U-Haul (Thats not much fun.) So i remember laying on the seat of the U-Haul truck and looking up in to the sky... It took me about 30 minutes to fall asleep. I was out for maybe 15 minutes when i woke up for no apparent reason, trying to fall back asleep, i was still staring up at the stars. The sky was a nice black, with stars everywhere. It was gorgeous.. It was around that time when i totally froze, i got chills through my body, and just layed there looking at the sky. About 5 seconds later i remember seeing an all black or dark smokey gray triangular shaped craft enter my field of view overhead.. Maybe 300 ft. It was avg size.. about the size of a small plane, only a triangle. There was no lights on it anywhere, so it was almost like a flying shadow, but it was obvious. I could make out a bunch of pipes, or tubes going across the bottom of it, erratically, there seemed to be no pattern to them at all. I remember not being able to move at all, It just kept going across the sky, at a very slow rate of speed, i might add. it looked as if it was going 55 mph TOPS. I wasnt able to move until this thing totally left my vision. Honestly, i was to scared to get out of the car, to try to get a better view of where it was going, it was the first UFO i had ever seen. I know ever since then, any mentioning of the greys, or aliens of that sort give me an odd chill.. like its instinct that they are enemy. Anyone had any similar experiances with dark UFO's?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
wouldnt "pipes and tubes" be hard to see in total darkness 300 ft overhead with no lights on it?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You would think so huh? I dont know how high it was exactly... But i just said the sky was pretty black that night. it honestly wasnt that dark due to the fact we were out in the middle of nowhere... so there were plenty of stars to light up the sky. I distincly remember some kind of pipes along the bottom of the craft though.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
was the moon showing at the time?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I honestly have no idea. I was laying in the seat of the U-Haul truck, (partially on the floorboard to, but thats beside the point.) So my feild of vision consisted of the windsheild, thats it. And the drivers side window, but that just looked out in to the desert. So if the moon was out on that night, it was either behind me, or off to my left. (My head was on the passenger side of the seat.) So. For all i know, there was no moon.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
How old were you? It is unlikely that is was man made with absence of lights on around the craft. Was there any sound at all?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Did i forget to mention sound? I must have, sorry about that. That is one thing i remember more than all of the rest. There was absolutely no sound. There wasnt an engine sound, or a gentle humm, or anything. I was in a closed up vehicle though... But i dont think that would make a difference.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Cool!
if you did see a black triange with no lights and pipes on the bottom of the craft I would say it was probably owned by the airforce especially seeing how you were in New Mexico. but you never know.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
A non-alien craft that I could think of what you saw being would be a hang glider. There triangular in shape, have handles that might look like pipes, no lights, no sound. However they propably go slower then 55mph and I don't think it would be safe to fly one of those at night. But then again this is just a skeptical explianation.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thats actually a good thought... I never thought about a hang glider, but it is impossible, well, not impossible, but highly unlikely. There are several factors that make me think this, one is that it was in the middle of nowhere, i think any kind of cliff that was around was too far away, but im not familiar with the activity, i dont know how far they can fly... And at the speed i saw it going, it would have fallen out of the sky. I said 55, because i dont know the exact height, for example... When you see a commercial Jet in the sky, its going hundreds of miles an hour, but it appears as if it is going slowly.. because it is far away, and there is a possiblity this could have been far away, and really big, making it appear closer... But i doubt it. At the height i really beleive it to be... which i am questioning myself about, it could have been going anywhere from 15-50... i say 55 as ultimate top speed.

new topics

top topics

join