It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd dream...I could actually read in this dream!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So I want to preface this by saying I am not predicting anything here. I am just posting this to see what people think my mind is telling me cause I am super confused.

The dream begins with me looking at a Victorian-esque style home. Very lovely, white, and very large. Opening the front door takes me into a large foyer. I turn righ and go in the first room I see closing the door behind me. This room is dark with only candles lighting it. It feels like a library only I can only see one book on a pedestal. The room has a very gothic feel to it although I can't really see much of it. So I walk to the pedestal and look at the book on it. It is old and quite large. The pages are yellowed and clearly age worn. What strikes me as odd is what is on the pages that the book is open too. I have never been able to read anything in my dreams the words are always blurred or non existent. The words are all in an odd geometric glyph like fashion (I looked and can find nothing like it anywhere) with six letters I can read DNA and MOD. The Letters are in separate locations on the page. The right hand page to be specific. DNA appears 4 lines down from the top and MOD is about 4 lines from that.

Like I said the strange part to me was the fact that I could read anything. It was very interesting to wake up and realize I had actually read anything in my dream. I will try and answer any questions. I am just curious about it. I have thought about it for a few days now and nothing is coming to me as to what my sub conscious knows that I don't!

Thanks in advance!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: YachiruKusajishi

When you google reading books in dreams theres a lot of interpretations, I brought one of those links for you to consider.

dreaming of books

The large white happy mansion is… you.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

First of all thank you for replying! You are my first response on my first thread! Yay!

I feel like, thinking back, that the book is not a textbook. It feels like it is non fiction about a specific study. Almost like a very old version of a for dummies book but written in let's say the 1800s. The book feels that old. I have only a very basic (what I learned in biology in high school) knowledge of DNA. I just feel the book is talking about that in some way. Specifically some DNA has been modified. That is another confusing detail.

The geometric glyphs I feel like I should know. They feel very familiar. I know them but can't find a trace of them. I even checked movies that have glyph writing to see if that was where it was conjuring up from. It's familiar but "alien". I wish I had a minuscule amount of artistic ability because one in particular stands out.

The house does feel happy and content and I very much feel that is what I am right now. The gothic room feels peaceful too. Quite and calm with the only real light focusing on the book. I love books and reading.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I have heard that one cannot read in a dream but I don't believe that. I've read things in dreams although I often, including last night, dream of numbers.

Your dream sounds interesting. Has anything been on your mind that you feel is related to your dream?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

Not that I am aware of. LoL My days are pretty much the same. With three kids one being a toddler my brain feels fried more often than not.

Before this dream I couldn't tell you the last time I actually remembered dreaming. Since it I have had a dream every night.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The house does feel happy and content and I very much feel that is what I am right now. The gothic room feels peaceful too. Quite and calm with the only real light focusing on the book. I love books and reading.

That seems to be born out in the links about reading books in dreams. You love to read, thirst for knowledge.

Me too. That all always be with you. When you get older you will have access to the wealth of all the stuff you read during your life.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Reading has alway been a passion for me. I was the oddball kid going to the library and reading books with my grandfather and then writing a book report (because I wanted to) for him.
The house really feels like how I would the kind of house I would live in and decorate in this style if money were no object.

I guess I am just hung up on the details of it. It was so vivid and detailed. I want to dissect it and understand it so my mind will move on to its next big adventure. Since I am dreaming and remembering them I am enjoying it quite a bit.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

As I have gotten older, I am able to read and smell things in dreams. I also feel like my dreams are more lucid and productive. Sometimes I wake up with the answer to a problem I have been mulling over after dreaming about connected scenarios. I've been meaning to start my own post asking whether other people have experienced more sophisticated dreams as they age.

I also feel like humans would have evolved away from dreaming if it did not serve some amazing survival purpose. Perhaps the ability to experience things without physical experiencing them -- within a dream -- is the key to understanding a type of life after the physical body dies.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
That is an interesting perspective on dreaming. My ideal afterlife would have every book ever written available for me to read at my leisure.

Like I said earlier my dreams since this one have been very vivid. One I even realized I was dreaming in it. That's another rarity for me.

I have read that we access the Akashic record in our sleep. What do you think of that possibility?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I had the same thing happen for the first time ever two days ago.

I went onto Facebook and post that I will be gone for 4-5 years and then I will be back.

Clear as day.

Was an odd dream very odd dream.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Well, where are you going for 4-5 years? Sounds like one heck of a vacation!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Welcome to the world of lucid dreaming!

It's a little different for everyone, so enjoy it. Many times I have the ability to read and write within my dreams.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust
Yay! If I have this dream again I am gonna try and look for the translation of the book. Lmao maybe that way I will know what the heck language that was supposed to be.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Not a freaking clue.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
The running joke I had when I worked was that I needed two 6 month vacations back to back. Going for 5-6 years is long enough for one heck of a world tour! The not knowing where I was going for that long would bug me tremendously.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I heard from someone spiritually gifted that they are modifying human DNA. The other thing she was told, beware the ice-cream men. Don't know who THEY are nor who the ice-cream men are. I'm not a fan of genetically modified foods. A scientist in Australia has said GMO has the potential of creating an human extinction event.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

It honestly wouldn't surprise me at all that they (some government) modifying DNA. I think that's the part of the text in the book I wish I could have read. If I dream of this house and book again I may try and continue forward with the lucid dream. Maybe somewhere in that Gothic library in my mind is the key to translating the geometric glyphs.

The glyphs I describe as geometric. Everything has a curve to it with very few straight lines. Its very hard to describe and had a lot of symbols within it. Far more than 26!

I didn't understand prior to doing some reading today online that being able to read words in a dreams was a cue for lucid dreaming. I was so surprised I read anything that I woke up. Normally I forget relatively quickly but today I am finding the more I focus on the dream the more of it I can picture very clearly in my mind.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Perhaps the most important words (MOD DNA) were translated for you, the rest, who and where. of less importance. If you do find more information, please share. Thanks Yachiru.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Perhaps... I will have to work on the whole lucid dreaming thing. I have just kinda been reminding myself before I sleep to remember my dreams. Lucid dreaming is new to me hence waking up before the fun stuff.

If my house turns up again I will post it again on this thread for continuities sake.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I wish I had your talent and perspective. Your 'house' (the real you) is familiar and comfortable. Some peoples dream self image is a dark castle, foreboding and scary.

From where I'm sitting you are able to do anything you want. You can go ahead in life and reach for anything, be comfortable with it, self assured.

Part of analyzing your dream experience is looking closely at the images stuck in your mind and see how they 'fit' you, where you need to change and grow, what to watch out for.

You'll be fine.

Dreaming of buildings

top topics

<<   2 >>

join